Bad
Good

An awesome teacher should be recognized at West school who teaches the 2nd grade their. This teacher is amazing with her patience with the students in her classroom. Walk into her room and you will get a great western welcome. There is something to be said for a teacher that teaches in a school that she was enrolled in as a child. Coolidge is a small town and it is amazing to see the wonderful teachers who could have chosen to teach somewhere else, stay in their community. The smiles on their faces daily as the students come in to the classes make this school a great place to be every day. The dedication of so many teachers is what makes this school amazing. Parents get involved in your school! Volunteer in the classrooms to demonstrate to your child that their education is your top priority. Promote your child's success by taking time to read to them or help them with their homework. Their future can be bright and fruitful with your encouragement.

I use to go to this before I moved back to california and I must say that I really loved this school. In the 7th grade I met the coolest teachers there and one of them is the assistant principal -Mr. Bruno. Bruno was an excellent history teacher he made history amazing instead of making it boring, I remember that we never touch the history book and always made the class laugh and had debates across the classroom. Mr. Bruno made history alive in his class room and till this day I still like history class people say it's boring but not to me . From your old student -Ismael Perez

Mr. Bruno is an excellent asst. principal at West School. He has a great relationship with the students. My daughter adores him and looks forward to seeing him every morning! He greets parents, students and staff in a friendly way and makes them feel welcome at his school!

Being a native from Coolidge I have gotten to know many of the staff members at each of our Coolidge Schools. Like every other school there are always sour lemons. Parents cannot base the entire school based on ONE teacher. There are 3-4 teachers per grade level. Many of them are Coolidge natives themselves. West has teachers who care, teachers who are willing to go above and beyond. I have been blessed to have excellent teachers for my children. Miss Garcia, Miss Ortiz, Miss Henry, Miss Cooper, Miss Cardenas, Miss Eades, Miss Hall, & Mr. Herrera just to name a few. These teachers have made a difference in my children's lives. I've had oppurtunities to compare notes with friends, every school in Coolidge can use improvement. Every school in the the world for that matter.

I was impressed at all with this school, especially not the teacher my daughter had!! There is alot this school needs to work on, I made a mistake by sending my child there and I really wish I would have done my research first. My daughter usually loves school, but after her first day there, I knew something was wrong. I disenrolled her and enrolled her into a much better school in the area. She looks forward to going to school again now, she is learning and doing great! I would not reccommend to anyone this school!

My children have been at this school for going on three years now and today I did the best thing I could do for the future of their education, I disenrolled them from West School. My son was marked absent just last week when he was definitely present as he brought me home that day's assignment and was charged for lunch that day. When the Principal was confronted on this fact, the first thing he replied with was that "I will fix this right now otherwise the school wont receive the funds for him being absent when he was actually here" The money for my child was more important than my childs wellfare. My child brings me home assignments that have A and B grades on them but when I check the Power School program these same asignments are being marked with Failing grades I also brought this to the attention of the principal and he said he would look into it, but how many other assignments have other students not been given proper credit for based on Faculty error? I would suggest home schooling your child if West is your only option for their education. By far the worst Public Elementary school I have ever encountered and the real crime is that it is my Children who payed the price.

I have lived in this community for almost 6 years. The most involvement, inside and outside of the school, always seems to come from West School staff and parents. They attend events at school, and you often see teachers at students sporting events well past the school day. Teachers work hard and put in their own time and supplies to give the students the best possible education.

I believe West school has Excellent teachers and staff who are always putting forth extra effort in making sure the students are getting the best education possible.

Autistic students at West Elementary have a self contained classroom for part of the school day. The autistic students attend a regular classroom during the part of the school day, and the autistic students also attend the "specials" (P.E., ART, Library computers Music) with students from the regular ed. classes. Several of the Autistic Students attend a noon hour basketball with fourth grade boys and girls, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. (Three different groups of students) during this time the are taught social skills by the regular ed. students.

I have had my children at West Scool for many years, and have now had one of them move on to the middle school. I have always been happy with the teachers and the staff at West! I could have moved them to another school in the district a few times. But I prefer the atmosphere that we have at West. Very great place to send your child!!!

Last modified West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.