Bad
Good

I am not at all impressed with this school. The general consensus between the parents in my child's class is they don't like it either but don't know what else to do. My child has also lost several friends as the other kids have already left this school for another during the year. If I could do this I would have at the first brush off and flat out lie to my face from the principal. Acedemically I don't feel they are up to par and have been doing a lot of at home stuff with my child above and beyond the homework given. Several major issues have happened while our child has attended here. This is our first year at this school and it will be the last.

The staff is very friendly, everything is extremely organized, and there are multiple after school programs and activities for the children. My son loves his new school! I highly recommend this school to for other children! :-)

This school does not have the time or staff for special needs kids. They will run your child through the classes even though the child does not grasp any of the learning. You will have no say in how this is done.

My children attended this school for a year before we switched. The curriculum is severely behind. They were learning the same things in 2nd and 3rd that they already learned at another school back in K and 1st. They were just not challenged in any way. The level of learning is far behind other schools, and the homework they received was next to nothing. All they got was pages torn out of workbooks, and the same homework all year long. Not being challenged brought their grades down too, because they didn't feel like they had to do anything.

Oak Creek School is the only K-8 school in the COCSD. The fact many of our students attend OC for 9 years makes us like a family. We get to know the students and their families. Facilitating Kindergarten and 8th grade buddies is a joy to watch. These students develop friendship unlike any other. We offer so many opportunities for students to interact with and learn from community members. Our local fire department are regulars at OC. They come eat lunch and read to our students. We have many parent volunteers, who demonstrate the meaning of community involvement. Like most teachers, ours work hard to engage our students in meaningful, project based learning. Oak Creek is more than just a school. It is the heart of the Cornville Community. The Olde Tyme Country Fair each fall through the Friday Night Follies each spring, provide opportunities for the school and community to work share ideas, projects, and hope for the future. Together we do make a difference.

Love kindergarten to 8th grade with lots of caring staff and individual attention for students

My two daughters, ten and eleven love their school ! they started in pre-school. The teachers and office staff are all like family. They truly care about all the children. It's been said ,it takes a village to raise the children, this school is a huge part of my village. I wish it went up to 12th grade !

Last modified Oak Creek School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.