Corona, AZ

Sycamore Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2013
Sycamore is a school in a rural area that is coping with over crowding this year. There are many new teachers, some of who could use a little more experience in my opinion. I am never worried about the safety of my child and am thankful for the on-site preschool and after care program which I need as a family with 2 full time working parents. I like the schools stance on healthy eating and no sugar allowed (even at birthdays), but wish some of the school lunch options were healthier. The school is very aggressive about education and my daughter is often doing work at a much higher level than other kids we know that are the same age/grade at other local schools and out of state. The parent involvement is immense by some but lacking as a whole. Overall, my daughter has made good friends and has a close relationship with her teacher and other staff- all while getting a very good education.

Posted August 24, 2013
My daughter has been attending Sycamore since Preschool. We couldn't be happier. The Principal Mr Graff is very supportive of the teachers, staff and students. The teachers strive to make sure each student is learning at his/her potential. Corona has a small town feel and Sycamore feels very much like a family. The school consistently gets an A rating from the school and has very high standards for its curriculum.

Posted August 01, 2013
My kiddos go to Syacamore Ele. When we came back from overseas..I did a lot of research. I found this school. I told my realtor that this is the school that I wanted my kids to attend! We have been here for two years and it is OUTSTANDING!!!

Sycamore Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2012
I would not suggest to parents with children whose child can read and do math above grade level to enroll their child here. It's a one size fits all education at least as far as I've seen in grades K-2. It's a shame they don't understand want differential education is all about. My child could add in Kindergarten and they have him connecting the dots still in first grade. What a waste of a good mind. The sad thing is when we tried to bring it to the teachers attention she was extremely rude and insulting. She spoke to us as if we were inferior to her intellect. Shame on the district for letting Sycamore Elementary and some of their teachers believe their above doing what s in the best interest of the student!

Posted February 03, 2012
I couldn't be more pleased with this school. One of the best schools in the state!

Posted May 20, 2011
Awesome! My kids go here and it has been very good for them. They're teachers are very good at making sure each childs individual needs are taken care of.

Posted May 08, 2010
Sycamore is our 4th school and by far the best. I have 3 kids that go there now and 1 going soon. We will never leave Sycamore!!! The staff is excellent, very communitive. I fell like I have a huge family in Sycamore. Very community oriented, and great for my kids!! Mr. Graff is the best principal, very caring and makes an effort to know the kids by name. I love that they teach the kids more than reading, writing and arthmatic, but also responsibilty, caring and how to work!! The partents are givien oppertunities to get involved,and the PTA is going strong here!!!

Sycamore Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
I love how Sycamore seems to bring together our families & commuity. The staff is remarkable & our children are excelling!

Sycamore Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
It is an A+ school, excelling school. Very family and community oriented.

Posted April 26, 2010
Parents, staff, and community come together for the children. It feels like family!

Sycamore Elementary School
16701 S. Houghton Road, Corona, AZ  85641
(520) 762-2040
Last modified Sycamore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sycamore Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top