Bad
Good

Posted May 15, 2014
This school is awesome. The staff is very caring and works with both the parents and very closely with the kids. Teacher to child ratio is great ( something that can't be found in urban areas) and can really get one-on-one interaction with the students. All schools have their share of problems, and if I was to fault this school it would that it needs more sports and after school activities.

Mt Tipton Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2012
The staff are not trained adaquetly for special needs kids. They cannot handle my son even when on special education. They take matters to personally and not professionally. They need more extensive trianing in special needs kids which is about 70% of all kids today. They need a counceler on staff. Food is inadaquate for high school kids they feed elementry school portions.My kid comes home strving everyday and they refuse to give seconds on food program. My child Passed 3/4 of the year in a prior school and they tried to fail him in the last quarter for the year. My child was advanced englsh 3 and they busted him down to engish 2 and tried to fail him. the englsh teacher need to find a new line of work.Many parents are angry at her. Attitude is generally nice , but if you challange them- woo Watch out.You become a disadent and unliked. Especially if you are gunuinely concerned about your child education. And they dont listen to parents- they think we dont know what were talking about. They will not communicate with us as stated before. this school rating should be a 3. Fortunatly my childs time is short. :(

Posted May 28, 2012
My children love this school. The staff is knowledgeable and patient. I have 5 children that attend this school 1 high schooler, 2 middle schoolers, and 2 elementary schoolers. 3 of my children have IEP's and the special ed staff is very helpful. We love this school

Posted February 17, 2010
This school has the potential to be the best school ever, the staff is well trained and the district is very supportive. We do have a lack of parental involvement and we need more fundig for CTE programs at the secondary level.

Posted March 17, 2009
This small rural school has alot of challenges due to the demographics of poverty, but the staff is the best in the district and they really love thier students. I prefer this school over better scoring schools in the district!

Mt Tipton Elementary School 4

Posted October 13, 2007
I think this school rocks. We are 100% happy here. The principal is incredibly dedicated. The staff is always available. Cant beat it for a small school in a rural area.

Posted August 27, 2007
Great teachers, this school is awesome for a K-12! All of the teachers that we meet are kind and considerate and care for the welfare of the children. We came from a big city and it's refreshing to see teachers that care more about the kids than their own pension plans. A+

Mt Tipton Elementary School 2

Posted November 20, 2006
The lack of parent involvement @this school is an issue- but having many, many,numerous encounters on various levels/of concern, I do strongly believe it has fault lying within the schools faculty & their mannerism also. Its academics program is constantly changing thus increasing confusion.The school has had an increased amnt of funding provided! Yes-thats a good thing-but one would tend to think that 'monies' could or would provide more resources than what it has.This school is why we're moving!for our futures!

Posted August 24, 2006
Mt Tipton must have changed since the first comment here. The principal and the dean are both more than accomodating every time I go in there. It is very obvious they are both there for the betterment of the students! All of the teachers I have had experience with (elementary) are outstanding, many drive in from Kingman. Their dedication and hard work is very obvious. Sometimes they may feel frustrated because of the lack of involvement from parents it seems, but that is by no means the schools fault! My 2 children have been very happy, and have learned a lot (they were in 3rd and 4th last year 05-06) I say KUDOS to the teachers at Mt Tipton!

Mt Tipton Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2006
My experience as a kindergarten parent at Mt. Tipton has been interesting. I have seen many changes occur but only for the good. I have also seen the school try to invite parent paticipation but they never show up to help in their child's education. I like the Tribes thing they do, its simple and everyone at the school uses it. The school is so rural but the teachers are well trained on the new tends in education. Its one of the reasons that keeps us here.

16500 Pierce Ferry Road, Dolan Springs, AZ  86441
Last modified Mt Tipton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt Tipton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top