Bad
Good

this school is the best school ive ever been to so far it is amazing also the teachers are great! cant wait for nest year!

This is the BEST school! Sadly we moved from El Mirage to Avondale and had to switch schools this school year. However anyone looking for a good school in that area this is it! They are great! They have a wonderful principal and assistant principal (Which I believe is the most important start) the principal takes the time to get to know his students and he cares! It is hard now a days to find teachers and principals that really care about the kids and want to make a difference but they do at this school! My 2 kids went there for 2 years and they had good grades and loved going to school. If it wasn't so far I would take them back and drive to and from just to keep them there. Please do not listen to the negativity about this school they are a GREAT school!

If you are a parent and want your kid to know how to take a standardized test, then this is the place you want your child to go. They are great at teaching to the test. Why you may ask? Because the teachers are forced to take several weeks out of the year and go over how questions are asked on tests so they can be sure to know what to expect, not in the future to make them better adults, but in the next month or so on the bubble test. The mojority of the staff puts on their happy face to ensure that a petty and overbearing "leader" doesn't frequent their room. The teachers are great. But do not give the credit to the administration. Give it to their will to see the children they care about succeed. If you are a parent: Variace If you are a teacher: Transfer (but good luck)

When I came to this school, it was struggling. Morale was down and students and staff were not performing at their best. In the few years that I have been there, the school has made a 180. Everyone is focused on achievement and high standards for all. The students stretch to reach these standards and the school is really shining. It is a great place to be!

I am an eigth grade student here at Surprise Elementary. I am in NJSH ( National Junior Honor Society). Even though I have come to make great friends here, this is not the best school to put your children in. The staff is absolutely wonderful and they really do care about our education here, but it's much more than that. Let's face it. The kids here just aren't the best kids. I have a little brother in 2nd grade and I often worry about him. Last year (when I was in 7th grade) there were many students who were already smoking in the 6th grade. All schools have students who you just wouldn't want your kids to hang around with. Don't get me wrong, there are MANY amazing students here! The staff is wonderful. They really care about us and want us to be successful. But you shouldn't put your children in this school just because of that. I guess you just have to trust that you've raised you kids to know right from wrong. :)

Worst school ever!!!. Lost my kid three times .BAD test scores!!!! Don;t put your kid in this school.

The staff & teachers are the nicest. They all great you every morning with a sincere smile. It's a great start for the day for our kids.

I love Surprise school because every one islike a fimily member at school, from students to our wonderful teaches. ,

I loved teaching at the school. The students, parents and staff are great!

Our school has students who overcome many obstacles to meet and exceed our state standards. If any are struggling, we have procedures in place for them to receive intervention and tutoring. We love our students and want them to have the very best education!

Last modified Surprise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.