Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted April 19, 2016
If you care at all about your child's future, I would steer clear of this school. The kids are cussing at each other, getting physical with each other and using very derogatory names towards each other. When the students let their teachers know what is going on and being said, the teachers tell them they don't like people who tattle. We send our kids to school to learn and hope they are protected while they are not with us. If you have teachers like this, then what is the point? I've never been to a school where so many of the teachers act like they hate their job and do not want to be there.

Posted May 19, 2014
Bullying/fighting is a major problem at this school. Both of my daughter's have attended here. My girls are white and the other children who aren't call them names. My girls have never been in trouble or acted out but do come home and tell me about fights happening between other students and no one getting into any real trouble. Just recently the bullying has been directed at my youngest. 11 different students stood around in a circle and called her different names & threatening and told her "you don't know what my hands can do to you. " staff doesn't seem to have the kids under control as the kids tell me the children are cursing and yelling at teachers. 8 & 9 yr olds shouldn't be cursing and causing interruptions. These things can be stopped with punishment and maybe they'd turn out half decent too.

Posted March 20, 2014
Good luck when dealing with the Administration at this school-very disappointed. Many excellent teachers at Thompson Ranch though.

Thompson Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2014
Hello I have three students that attend this school. The school is okay an the staff are really helpful. Only thing I have one problem It's that the teachers can't call long disence. Some of the perints have long discents numbers. Please try to fix the problem. Thank you.

Posted September 09, 2011
I always knew Thompson Ranch was exceptional. My kindergartener has learned so much in such a short time that it blows me away. The faculty is always so friendly and they always have activities to extend learning at home! Thank you Jaguars!

Posted September 08, 2011
I have been teaching for 17 years now and have spent the last four years at Thompson Ranch. I have never been happier as an educator in a school where I honestly feel that every single employee there from the maintenance staff all the way up to the principal, truly cares about the welfare AND the education of every single child. I fully intend to stay at TRES until I retire. The staff is the best and the students seem to work harder and become more involved every year.

Posted September 08, 2011
This school has high expectations for student learning. Individual student data is tracked for each student in every classroom by the homeroom teacher as well as the grade level team. Strengths and weaknesses are identified so students can be assisted as their individual data indicates. The principal (Mrs. Sperling) and assistant principal (Mr. Nevers) are top notch and work hard to meet the needs of students, staff, parents, and community. They have created a work environment that says: "Your ideas matter!"

Posted July 24, 2011
My daughter attended Thompson Ranch last school year. The teachers and admin were well qualified and always created a positive learning environment for my daughter. My daughter will not be attending this school next school year; however if it were my decision alone she would remain. School staff has continuously worked diligently to improve academic success and it shows. Keep up the hard work! Congratulations on the A+ Award of Excellence!

Posted July 13, 2011
We are so proud be part of the Thompson Ranch family. There are challenging programs offered to students that encourge academic growth. All teachers are focused the growth and well being of each individual student. With the great leadership that this school has I know my student will succeed.

Posted June 22, 2011
Our motto "Thompson Ranch is the best we outshine the rest!" is exemplified in all aspects of our school culture. Academically students are challenged to do their personal best. Enrichment activities are provided in the classroom as well as after school in clubs that are both academic and social in nature. Tutoring is also available for all students that are struggling. We are fortunate to have many community volunteers to support our students with their monetary gifts as well as their time. Thompson Ranch has become the first A+ School of Excellence in the Dysart School District because of the dedication of all faculty and staff to serve our students and parents.

Thompson Ranch Elementary School
11800 West Thompson Ranch Rd, El Mirage, AZ  85335
Last modified Thompson Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.