Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted January 25, 2016
My daughter's 3rd grade teacher last year was terrible. He was effective in making her miserable

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted January 25, 2016
I would love it if my girls had more homework. I'm not sure if they're challenged enough when it comes to their academics. Maybe they learn alot in class but I wish they would bring something home to show for it.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted January 25, 2016
Both of my daughters are naturally compassionate. Both of their teachers this year & my youngest daughters teacher from last year is and was great with them.

Riverview School 3

Posted January 25, 2016
Well, this is both of my daughter's 2nd year & the first year went well. My youngest is in a wheelchair, so they paved the kindergarten playground so that its accessible for her & I only had to ask once! I am very grateful for that. Unfortunately, my daughter has to go to the nurse often because of her disability & this year they don't have an adequate nurse! I've had an issue where she left my daughter to sit in urine for 2 hours, refusing to give her an extra pair of pants. I had sent one pair already, but that was her 2nd accident. Now more recent, another nurse calls me & says my daughter has a temp of 101.5. I go up there, get her bring her home to check her temp & it's 98.7. I call bacl to the school, maybe their thermometer is wrong, I want to ask if maybe they gave her something cold to drink, the nurse immediately copped an attitude with me, then proceeded to hang up on me when I copped one back with her! I'm sorry but I'm not going to allow anyone to talk to me any kind of way. I called back to let you know because maybe your thermometer was wrong & you can make the same mistake with another kid. My daughter wasn't even hot to the touch! The principal wasn't any help either. I spoke to her & she had already had her mind made up about the situation, not even listening to what I had to say. Very frustrating! I sincerely hope they can get a better nurse in there, apparently this one is a substitute.

Riverview School 4

Posted May 15, 2015
I promoted from this school 4 years ago and I can honestly say I loved the school!! I loved the teachers and the staff. Everyone was friendly and really cared about my education. I loved this school more than any other! And I can say it's all thanks to Mr.Johnson and Ms.Mcbride! They were my favorite in 8th grade!

Posted May 11, 2015
My typical child was not challenged at this school. My child in the special needs program was given zero expectations. It was the worst babysitting I had ever seen! If you want to see how bad it is...invite other parents/students over for pizza...I pulled my daughter immediately! The psychologist actually told me to assess my daughter. She refused to assess her. Make sure to keep emails of what happens. It was just despicable!

Posted August 28, 2014
I have to say this is the worst school. Last year my kids were playing chase with another kid. Well that kid got mad after playing chase and threw my 1st grader on the ground and stomped on his face. The school tried to blame my kids saying that playing tag could cause emotional abuse to the other child and that is why he did what he did. And it happened in front of the cross walk lady and she did nothing. So now we are in the 3rd week of a new year my daughter is in 5th and this girl and her "crew" (that's what they call themselves) surrounded the slide and tripped my daughter. And guess what my daughter had lunch detention for it. This school is racist and is a big fat joke.

Posted May 01, 2014
So what is one of the most important day's for your child while in school? Hmmm.. my child will be having 8th grade promotion in may 2014 and guess what the principal is doing each child only gets 4 tickets for family to go, and it also includes siblings that attend riverview elementary so for my family size that's 2 tickets down she has 4 siblings and 2 parents, grandparents that care for my child very much, that are driving here for that special day from out of state and now we have to tell them they can't go! Really Andrea Willingham, because there's too many children I think you should have known this since your the principal. You could have made better arrangements?? Worst @$!#/ principal.

Riverview School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
I love this school. It is situated in the middle of a neighborhood, so no scary traffic to deal with. I feel content that my children are safe here. The admin and staff are so caring. Most of the teachers care so much for their students. I am happy I moved my children to this school

Riverview School 5

Posted May 27, 2013
I've recently moved and am worried the new school wont meet up to the excellent educational environment my 3 children have received over the past 4yrs from this school. My 2older children have been on honor roll and principal's list numerous times with my youngest being too young to be placed in those categories. The staff is always courteous and friendly. WE WILL MISS YOU RIVERVEIW!!!

12701 North Main, El Mirage, AZ  85335
Last modified Riverview School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverview School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top