El Mirage, AZ

Posted August 28, 2014
I have to say this is the worst school. Last year my kids were playing chase with another kid. Well that kid got mad after playing chase and threw my 1st grader on the ground and stomped on his face. The school tried to blame my kids saying that playing tag could cause emotional abuse to the other child and that is why he did what he did. And it happened in front of the cross walk lady and she did nothing. So now we are in the 3rd week of a new year my daughter is in 5th and this girl and her "crew" (that's what they call themselves) surrounded the slide and tripped my daughter. And guess what my daughter had lunch detention for it. This school is racist and is a big fat joke.

Posted May 01, 2014
So what is one of the most important day's for your child while in school? Hmmm.. my child will be having 8th grade promotion in may 2014 and guess what the principal is doing each child only gets 4 tickets for family to go, and it also includes siblings that attend riverview elementary so for my family size that's 2 tickets down she has 4 siblings and 2 parents, grandparents that care for my child very much, that are driving here for that special day from out of state and now we have to tell them they can't go! Really Andrea Willingham, because there's too many children I think you should have known this since your the principal. You could have made better arrangements?? Worst @$!#/ principal.

Riverview School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
I love this school. It is situated in the middle of a neighborhood, so no scary traffic to deal with. I feel content that my children are safe here. The admin and staff are so caring. Most of the teachers care so much for their students. I am happy I moved my children to this school

Riverview School 5

Posted May 27, 2013
I've recently moved and am worried the new school wont meet up to the excellent educational environment my 3 children have received over the past 4yrs from this school. My 2older children have been on honor roll and principal's list numerous times with my youngest being too young to be placed in those categories. The staff is always courteous and friendly. WE WILL MISS YOU RIVERVEIW!!!

Posted April 29, 2013
Riverview is the worst school ever. I would not recommend anyone to take their child here. A few teachers here are very nice and seem to care about the students alot . There is alot of bullying and nothing is done about it but flipping a card to red. Alot of the staff is very rude.One of the crosswalk ladies who by the way is one of the first people you see when you come into the school is the worst. she is rude and has and attitude. You think if she is the first person you see entering the school she would be alot more friendly since she is representing the whole school out there but she is not. She belittled me in front of my children with no hesitation. I will not be sending my children back next year. I would rather move.

Riverview School 3

Posted February 12, 2013
My 8th grade daughter was a victim of bullying within the first few weeks. The principal had her write a report and the teachers had her walk by them when switching classes as "protection". That made things worse and we ended up moving. My 5th grade son had a great time and a wonderful teacher. My 4th grade son hasn't always been an angel, but he's never been the worst in class either. After 2 weeks, his teachers signed him up for an after school behavior class and I wasn't happy. After transferring all of my children, they all have A's and B's and get rave reviews from their new teachers.

Riverview School 5

Posted April 12, 2011
Riverview is a wonderful school! I am so happy to have joined the Riverview team. Teachers are awesome and caring, the students are smart and eager to learn. The principals are top notch. Riverview is a school to watch!

Posted July 15, 2010
This school is horrible! Everyone I know in the neighborhood has taken there children out or is scrambling to find another school. Some of the teachers are great and its not there fault. I personally know from volunteering how frusterated they are as well. This school is un organized, constantly make excuses like how there a new school or how they have so many students. There is a lot of bullying that goes on the staff is mostly rude aside from a slim amount of teachers that care it is just all around sad to see.

Riverview School 4

Posted March 04, 2010
My daughter is first grader here and she started in January and she likes her classmates and her teacher . She has really taking to the school and her Teacher is really good with her.

Posted March 24, 2009

Riverview School
12701 North Main, El Mirage, AZ  85335
Last modified Riverview School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverview School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top