Dysart High School

Public | 9-12

Posted February 21, 2013

Best school i have ever been to. All the staff are amazing and care for all your needs.

Posted March 9, 2012

to this school. Frankly, I should have known better. When my son was first enrolled in one of Dysart Unified School District's elementary schools we went to a parent/teacher conference. I was anxious to meet a student teacher my son spoke so highly of to thank him for being such a positive influence on him. After the meeting I left sadden and angry. He was a graduate of Yale University working on a masters degree in English Literature at ASU. He informed me that he would be leaving the student teaching program early because of his frustration with the school and its administration. Apparently he grew weary of dealing with parents who complained about the amount of reading he assigned (on average 20 pages a night) and the administrations indifference to his efforts and support of the parents. This school does whatever it can to maintain the minimal standards required to graduate students, period.

Posted March 7, 2012

This school has been the best experience for my son- the staff is awesome and supportive, the campus is safe- and my son WANTS to go to school EVERY day!!! Thank you Dysart staff for all that you do!!! Go Demons!

Posted November 9, 2011

This is our families 5th year at Dysart. I have graduated two children, one this year and another just getting started. The school has been a wonderful experience for all of my children. Full of teachers that care and go the extra mile. My children have met mentors, role models, and kindred spirits. From sports to theater to arts their coaches and leaders have been very supportive and helpful. The opportunities that have been given to my children will make a lasting impression. School is what you make it, so make it interesting, show up do your best and enjoy learning.

Posted April 1, 2011

One of the best high schools in the district!! I am an employee of the district, and my job requires that I travel to diffeerent schools within the district throughout the week . I work with 6th through 12th graders. The principal at DHS is great. The students are happy here because the staff doesn't put up with any nonsense--- these kids are held accountable! Better than that, they succeed because the teachers and staff set the bar high because they know these kids can meet the expectations. Demon Pride Runs Campus Wide!!

Posted July 23, 2010

Every teacher at Dysart High School is Highly Qualified to teach their specific subject. They are Highly Qualified according to the State of Arizona Department of Education ---The teachers at Dysart also cares about the success of their students and works hard to ensure their success!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 26, 2010

I don't feel like many of the office staff really care about the students. They cancelled the senior's final pep rally, without giving a reason, which student council spent $300 to make it the best rally the school had ever seen. We are constantly on 'restricted movement.' We haven't been allowed to go to the bathroom for weeks! Personally, i think the office staff write these reviews posing as students bcause i don't know many students who do like it and they are good students.

Posted December 4, 2009

I have two of my kids attending DHS and they both love it! they have wonderful teachers that really care and great friends!our sports keep on improving every year.and we have lots of students going on to college, i am very proud. Go Demons!!

Posted November 24, 2009

this is a really good school cause you can get along with anyone there and also have a good time with your friends at all the fun things they do for the students expecially at pep rallies there so much fun i miss this school...

Posted September 24, 2009

I am now a senior student at DHS. I am doing so well that i was going to graduate in '09 but decided to experience my senior year. I was on the '09 list of graduates and everything. Dysart is a GREAT school! There have been those who chose to make Dysart seem like the WORSE school around but it really is not. We don't have race riots like Vally!!!!! With in the first 2 weeks of school Vally has been on lockdown 2-4 times ALREADY! Dysart has a whole new staff and they are determined to put Dysart back where it belongs...On the Map! Our attendence has already improved and fights OR arguments are not talarated! Dysart has been a grat school since my sop. year and still is. Students that chose to not be here are the students ALWAYS in trouble or finding trouble. Dysart is Great!!!!

Posted December 8, 2008

i went their my freshman and sophmore year and i loved it.!! i wish i could go back.. it's the purfect year to start when you are a freshman. its so easy to get around. the students are up beat and friendly. the teachers are great and always there for you. i would choose that high school over any other any day...

Posted September 25, 2008

Dysart High School is a good school. Every child has an oppurtunity to learn here they make a choice whether they want to or not. Teachers do not give up on any student.

Posted September 19, 2008

Amazing school,the staff are wonderful and the study is improving for a new improving school.Go demons!

Posted August 30, 2008

Dysart High School is a wonderful, diverse group of people to work with, students, parents and staff. Go Demons!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 23, 2008

I am a parent of two kids that attended Dysart High. My son graduated and did well there and kept busy with sports. My daughter on the other hand had problems. I dont know if it is with the cliques they have their, the teachers not having control of their classrooms or the whole structure of the school. I witness morale not very high, pregnancy, and students not being very focused. My daughter attended a year and a half and i snatched her out quickly and put her in a private school which she is now doing well! Thank God i research finally and switch schools because i may have improved my daughter education and even saved her life!

Posted July 6, 2008

As a parent, I can not stand this school. My kids first went to Willow but transfered to DHS for the JROTC program. I can not get any kind of communication from any of their teachers no matter how many times I ask. If you call the office because you have a question, wait 3 to 5 business days for a call back. Willow on the other hand was awesome for the 2 weeks that my kids went there. Do not let your kids go to that school!!!

Posted February 8, 2008

The teachers are awesome. They really care about the students.There is so many extracurricular activities, I cant even name them all. The freshmen girls basketball team won the regionals. People hang out with everyone. The administration is awesome and so are the counselors. Dysart is definatly improving. I love the pep rallys. They are awesome. The Stu Co is so fun. I love DHS!

Posted January 23, 2008

My son started going here last year after switching from Deer Valley. Since he has started here at Dysart, he loves it. He hasn't had any problems at all. I am not sure how my daughter is going to like it.

Posted January 14, 2008

I'm a former student who attended Dysart from 1st grade to graduation. As in all schools, the teachers are caught between being babysitters of those students who DON'T want to be there, and trying to give the students who DO want to be there the best education they can. Where I live now there is an 'alternative' school in each district. Troublesome students are removed from class and must apply to be accepted at the alternative school if they want to continue their education. When they're ready to go back to the main school, they must also apply and go before the board before being admitted. This could be a solution for Dysart.

Posted November 18, 2007

I am a sophomore at DHS. And i know some people have given us a bad reputation but i think that Dysart is a pretty well rounded school. I enjoy wakeing up and going to school, I mean with so many choices of extracuricular activities I'm happy to be a student there.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

406 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

413 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

408 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 66%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (623) 876-7521

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now