El Mirage, AZ

Dysart High School 1

Posted November 29, 2014
My current high school is one of the most terrible places ever. It has almost driven me to suicide because of it's problems - I've seen the rudest and most hypocritical people in my life here other than in Los Angeles and New York City. The Cambridge curriculum is horrible, stressful, and worst of, non-optional, but a lot of teachers are friendly and helpful, even those in the Cambridge curriculum. I'm thankful it's my last month here, and I'd prefer living in Iraq, Sudan, or heck even Chiraq than this waste of resources.

Posted February 21, 2013
Best school i have ever been to. All the staff are amazing and care for all your needs.

Dysart High School 1

Posted March 09, 2012
to this school. Frankly, I should have known better. When my son was first enrolled in one of Dysart Unified School District's elementary schools we went to a parent/teacher conference. I was anxious to meet a student teacher my son spoke so highly of to thank him for being such a positive influence on him. After the meeting I left sadden and angry. He was a graduate of Yale University working on a masters degree in English Literature at ASU. He informed me that he would be leaving the student teaching program early because of his frustration with the school and its administration. Apparently he grew weary of dealing with parents who complained about the amount of reading he assigned (on average 20 pages a night) and the administrations indifference to his efforts and support of the parents. This school does whatever it can to maintain the minimal standards required to graduate students, period.

Posted March 07, 2012
This school has been the best experience for my son- the staff is awesome and supportive, the campus is safe- and my son WANTS to go to school EVERY day!!! Thank you Dysart staff for all that you do!!! Go Demons!

Posted November 09, 2011
This is our families 5th year at Dysart. I have graduated two children, one this year and another just getting started. The school has been a wonderful experience for all of my children. Full of teachers that care and go the extra mile. My children have met mentors, role models, and kindred spirits. From sports to theater to arts their coaches and leaders have been very supportive and helpful. The opportunities that have been given to my children will make a lasting impression. School is what you make it, so make it interesting, show up do your best and enjoy learning.

Posted April 01, 2011
One of the best high schools in the district!! I am an employee of the district, and my job requires that I travel to diffeerent schools within the district throughout the week . I work with 6th through 12th graders. The principal at DHS is great. The students are happy here because the staff doesn't put up with any nonsense--- these kids are held accountable! Better than that, they succeed because the teachers and staff set the bar high because they know these kids can meet the expectations. Demon Pride Runs Campus Wide!!

Posted July 23, 2010
Every teacher at Dysart High School is Highly Qualified to teach their specific subject. They are Highly Qualified according to the State of Arizona Department of Education ---The teachers at Dysart also cares about the success of their students and works hard to ensure their success!

Dysart High School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
I don't feel like many of the office staff really care about the students. They cancelled the senior's final pep rally, without giving a reason, which student council spent $300 to make it the best rally the school had ever seen. We are constantly on 'restricted movement.' We haven't been allowed to go to the bathroom for weeks! Personally, i think the office staff write these reviews posing as students bcause i don't know many students who do like it and they are good students.

Posted December 04, 2009
I have two of my kids attending DHS and they both love it! they have wonderful teachers that really care and great friends!our sports keep on improving every year.and we have lots of students going on to college, i am very proud. Go Demons!!

Posted November 24, 2009
this is a really good school cause you can get along with anyone there and also have a good time with your friends at all the fun things they do for the students expecially at pep rallies there so much fun i miss this school...

Dysart High School
11425 N. Dysart Road, El Mirage, AZ  85335
Last modified Dysart High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dysart High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top