Posted September 17, 2013
I recently retiredin Sonoita from the Kyrene School District as a principal of a K-5 school. I was so impressed with the size of the school in your community. Our school had 720 students which was a challenge in many areas. I feel that you are sincerely blessed to have such a small community school for students. This allows parents and teachers to help make it a wonderful place to learn I hope to visit it soon. I can give this school a 5 star rating on what I have seen and hears so far in my short time in Sonoita.

Elgin Elementary School 2

Posted February 17, 2012
i would say 4 children leaving this school from one grade in one year staes there is a problem with how certain situations were handled

Posted November 15, 2011
11/15/2011 Having visited this school over several years because our grandchildren attend, have allowed my wife and I to carefully evaluate the following programs: academics,,teaching staff, facilities, sports, fine arts, etc. Because of our professional training, we are qualified to evaluate. We have concluded that this school is doing an excellent job educating and equipping our grandchildren to be successful in their life pursuits. We rate the school as excellent in all areas.

Posted November 01, 2011
From my limited knowledge of Elgin School (when visiting my grandchildren), I rate this school as excellent. I have visited classrooms and eaten with my grandchildren at school, attended 8th grade graduations, and thoroughly enjoyed the very successful Missoula Childrens Theater production of "Sleeping Beauty." The teachers offer individual attention when students have questions or problems, and the school has opportunities to partticipate in gifted classes as well as sports activities. Based on my experiences at Elgin School, I have no reason to rate it no less than excellent.

Posted October 28, 2011
My son attended Elgin Elementary from 1st to 8th grade. I found it to be a very caring nurturing environment at every level. He excelled at this school and was always pushed to do his best, especially in the gifted and Math Counts programs.. He was well prepared for high school and with an A+ average in honors classes he is in the the top 5 students in his class. My daughter, currently an 8th grader at Elgin, has attended since kindergarten. She is excelling in all areas and currently working high school algebra. There seems to be one disgruntled parent writing all of the bad reviews. While she may have found another school to be better for her child, I find that Elgin has built strong character, study habits and values in my own children. The small class size and individual attention make it ideal. Children will be mean and tease others at every school, and I have found that when these types of issued came up, the school addressed them in a proactive manner and they were resolved to my satisfaction. This school honors our community veterans with a special celebration the day before veterans day. They also have many events that are attended by many in our community.

Elgin Elementary School 1

Posted July 17, 2011
My son attended Elgin for four years. I am totally disappointed with the degrading of students by teachers. Instead of teaching children, they want to find problems with them. The principal is hands off. Not where I would suggest anyone to send their children if they care about their education. I sent my son to an A + rated school and my son has excelled in all areas and awarded high honor roll. Not bad for a student Elgin said had learning disabilities. I have no respect for Elgin Elementary.

Elgin Elementary School 4

Posted March 05, 2011
Elgin School is a wonderful school. They offer a total education to my chidren. There is an art program in conjunction with the Patagonia Arts Center, a full music program with an awesome new teacher this year. PE is given for an hour and half a week for elementary grades and two hours a week for middle school students. All students in grades 5-8 are given laptops to use at school. Computers is taught in all grades including Kindergarten. All of the teachers are highly qualified and higly enthusiastic. The only negative I have is one of the teachers in the middle school (language arts and gifted) comes across as very nice but can be very overbearing and mean to the students. Several students have quit the gifted program because of this and some alumni have said they have not been prepared for high school. Otherwise Elgin School is GREAT!

Elgin Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2010
My son has gone to Elgin for 4 years and has done very well. The small school provides for a tight knit class, where kids make good friends and spend time with them outside of school. The staff is very personable and open, and they've provided lots of support for my child. My child came in at 2nd grade and was accepted quickly by the other kids. We are very happy with the school and staff, and strongly recommend the school.

Elgin Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2010

Elgin Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2009
PLease I beg you do not send your child here. It is very small which makes it hard to make friends. The children are snobby. They are not exposed to the world enough. There is no arts for the middle school and they will not let them grow up. The teachers and principle are very nice that is why I gave it 1 star. Other than that this school diserves -0 stars in everything else.

Elgin Elementary School
23 Upper Elgin Rd, Elgin, AZ  85611
Last modified Elgin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elgin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top