Bad
Good

Wonderful school! We loved our time there. Mrs. Whitcomb is a fabulous teacher. Great family activities throughout the school year too.

I am so thankful for Sechrist School and our son's teacher. It took us a few schools to find the right one, with all the charter schools here in town, there are almost too many choices! Our teacher has worked so well with our son in such a caring way, yet with high expectations. He is doing remarkably well academically and has adjusted socially quite easily. The principle rocks. His strong character and leadership is quite evident. Well organized classrooms and professional teachers and staff. So wonderful to have such an excellent public school in town.

My grandson is thriving at this great school. His teacher is sensitive and has recognized his need for additional work and opportunities to learn in order to keep him from being bored. The staff, from the principal on down, are inclusive and sensitive to the needs of their students. I am so glad he is at this outstanding school.

The teachers and principal are wonderful, and the parents are very involved.

Great teachers, great staff, and supportive parents with wonderful kids make this one of the best in the west.

I am a former parent of Sechrist. I had two children go to school there. The teachers at Schrist are very caring and will listen to parents concerns. That goes for all the staff at Schrist. Thank you for being part of my children's school.

I have found the students and staff at this school to be one of the best I have encountered. The staff is also helpful and respectful. My son was failing in a phoenix school but the smaller class sizes and the caring attitude of the teacher made him excel. He ended the year with A's and B's.

Sechrist school is a decent school but watch out for the attitudes of the parents and kids there. Kids as young as first grade were doing the mean gossipy, clique things you would expect from teens! Parents there are professionals and as such, their kids seem to have attitudes of superiority. That attitude has rubbed off on some of the teachers and staff. The only good thing about Sechrist school is Mrs. Kathy Harper, third grade teacher. She is outstanding!

We've sent our 4 children to Sechrist over the last several years and have found it to be an outstanding school. The teachers are very motivated and capable, the parents are very involved, and the school feels very 'homey'. The 6th graders all run/walk a mile before school in the morning all year in preparation for their May trip down the Grand Canyon. I've done the hike with the group 3 times now and the level of fitness for virtually the entire 6th grade class was unbelievable. The only downside is that word about the school has gotten out so the classes are very full and non-district kids may not get in for the coming years. I hear good things about the new principal.

Last modified Charles W Sechrist Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.