Bad
Good

The teachers and staff couldn't be more positive and helpful! I am thrilled to be a part of this amazing school!

My son just started 3rd grade at Thomas, during the middle of the year after we moved. The entire staff, including the principal, lunch lady, librarian, teachers, ESL staff and the secretary were all just amazing. Very welcoming, caring and really looked out for our needs. My son's teacher took the time to get to know us and obviously really cares. I plan on home schooling my kids in the future, but for right now I feel really good about sending my son to Thomas. Public education isn't what it should be, but we are having a good experience with this school.

Thomas is an excellent school with some of the most dedicated and caring teachers in the district. Both of my children have gone to Thomas and have gotten an excellent education. There is a lot of diversity and the students are very respectful of each other's differences.

I am surprised that this school rated as high as it did. I pulled my children out of this school in December. There is a lot of bullying on the playground and not enough teachers out during recess. There were a couple of parents who did everything. It seemed like no one wanted to put in the time. The morals of this school were not what I wanted my children to learn. So I home school them.

Last modified John Q Thomas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.