K-5 & Ungraded
Flagstaff, AZ

Posted September 03, 2012
The teachers and staff couldn't be more positive and helpful! I am thrilled to be a part of this amazing school!

Posted March 29, 2008
My son just started 3rd grade at Thomas, during the middle of the year after we moved. The entire staff, including the principal, lunch lady, librarian, teachers, ESL staff and the secretary were all just amazing. Very welcoming, caring and really looked out for our needs. My son's teacher took the time to get to know us and obviously really cares. I plan on home schooling my kids in the future, but for right now I feel really good about sending my son to Thomas. Public education isn't what it should be, but we are having a good experience with this school.

Posted September 27, 2007
Thomas is an excellent school with some of the most dedicated and caring teachers in the district. Both of my children have gone to Thomas and have gotten an excellent education. There is a lot of diversity and the students are very respectful of each other's differences.

John Q Thomas Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2007
I am surprised that this school rated as high as it did. I pulled my children out of this school in December. There is a lot of bullying on the playground and not enough teachers out during recess. There were a couple of parents who did everything. It seemed like no one wanted to put in the time. The morals of this school were not what I wanted my children to learn. So I home school them.

John Q Thomas Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2005
Staff and administration are enthusiastic, welcoming and innovative. Strong staff participation in PTA. Parent involvment still needs improvement. Excellent library. Ethnic and economic diversity in the student population is a major strength to the experience at Thomas.

John Q Thomas Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2004
I have 2 kids at Thomas and have been pleased with their education there. They do good thing with the limited funds of a public school. The principal is positive, high energy and really cares for the kids. He has accommodated my special requests for my kids. The teachers we have had there are excellent. They have been nurturing yet firm. If I had to change anything at Thomas, it would be to increase their funding. I would also institute school uniforms to equalize the population.

Posted February 08, 2004
After the failure of a charter school, I found thomas to be an excelent school in about every aspect. If more schools could be like thomas, we wouldn't have so many charters to choose from in this state!

John Q Thomas Elementary School
3330 E. Lockett Rd., Flagstaff, AZ  86004
Last modified John Q Thomas Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Q Thomas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top