Bad
Good

Its a big joke...even when I wait for my son to get out of class I hear the staff, not just the office, but teachers, whispering things to staff, talking about parents and other staff behind their backs..I was appalled...I even heard the principal do this, as if he were one of the girls up front, talking loud enough and very condescendingly about a staff member and his whining...This is so unprofessional...One woman at the front is always on the phone with personal calls and the other woman, stops some parents and asks them to sign in before getting their child whereas other parents are free to go without signing in. There was one instant when I felt so bad about this parent waiting for her child, as one of the kindergarten teachers approached this mom and noticing she was wearing a wig as she had lost her hair, made comments while touching this womans head, picking at it....very demeaning, and loud enough so others waiting could hear, while asking this parent if she was losing her hair and if it was thinning out, and this parent was holding back tears and I wanted to say something but I am a man and I felt uncomfortable. If I weren't relocating soon I would definitely remove my child from here...It is such a joke, a farce to have this place called a school. Disgraceful!

My child has been attending this school for three and a half weeks now and she has been bullied non stop from day one by two problem children. I have already sent a letter to the teacher about this so that she could address this with the children's names. My child has been kicked, hit, pushed, called names, and the teachers and principal do nothing. Just yesterday one of the problem children threw bricks at my child and her friend's heads. I was not called nor informed of this until she got off the bus with a sticky note to her telling me it was an "accident" and an ice pack on her head. I am going to voice my frustrations at them today and I will be possibly looking to get my child transfered out of this school. I will not have my child put in danger because they refuse to handle that level of bullying from five year olds. I highly suggest NOT having your children attend this school unless you like them to be bullied and not cared for.

I wouldn't say this is "the worst" school ever. Parents need to take more responsibility for their children's education and NOT depend on the government system of education. I am not suggesting home education however I do feel that is the best. My two children attend Kinsey and needless to say I was worried about the low rating. However, as a parent it is my job to spend time with my kids and teach them as well and NOT depend on the school system to do it for me. I believe you can still be positive and inspiring to your own children by stimulating their minds within the "home" sector, send them a low rated school and STILL achieve positive results. Parents MUST BE PROACTIVE. Parents, please, do your homework and ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS. Read about the "Common Core" that is being implemented into the school system. This is a federally funded program and it is a stepping stone off of "No Child Left Behind." Listen to me......there is no such thing as "one size fits all" in education. Either home educate OR be a proactive parent by asking questions AND educating your own-self. With that BOTH parties will be successful.

WORST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN OR RE-STAFFED DESPERATELY AND IMMEDIATELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT EVER SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..YOUR BETTER OFF HOME SCHOOLING YOUR KIDS YOUR SELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER IN MY LIFE WILL I SEND MY KIDS HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!! BULLYING PROBLEMS AND NOBODY WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT ITS REALLY SAD TO KNOW THIS ABOUT A SCHOOL..SCHOOLS ARE SUPPOSE SAFE ZONE ANTI BULLY ZONES REALLY SAD THEY WONT TAKE CARE OF THIS PROBLEM

After South Beaver Elementary shut down, my son was automatically placed into this school the following year. At first I didn't mind the school so much. His teacher was wonderful and he seemed to be doing alright. A situation occurred between him and some other students that involved being bullied, and it escalated far worse than it should have due to the staff not understanding how to handle it properly. It seemed my family was the only one contacted, as the other families involved didn't speak very much english. The staff even admit they weren't intent on contacting the other family by making jokes about hiring a translator (none of them speak spanish). I had to resolve the situation myself by approaching the families on my. Own and communicating with them as best I could, which the school wouldn't even do. Later on I was contacted several more times by the counselor. Everything this woman ever had to say to me was rude and condescending. She pushed her morals on my son and put ideas into his head (which she outright admit she did without much remorse). Any issues he had that year seemed to escalate after seeing her. My son will not attend this school another year.

The staff is amazing and my kids have wonderful friends.

all kids went there and it's a great school

We have been affiliated with Kinsey School since January of 2007. Our family moved from Phoenix to Flagstaff. As a 'worried' parent, I checked websites & phoned the school before we arrived to find out all I could about Kinsey. The principal spoke with me for 45 minutes. She told me about the teachers' & their dedication to a diverse population of children. I shared with her info about my son & asked for pointers to make his transition easier. She gave me tips, offering her personal phone number so we could arrange for a private tour of the shool during winter break-when we would be moving. My son had about six weeks of 'feeling' the transition. Then, often said he felt he had been at Kinsey all of his life. Downside has been FUSD gifted program. Services not started until December & only twice a month.

Last modified Lura Kinsey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.