Public charter
Flagstaff, AZ

Montessori Charter School of Flagstaff - Campus 1

Posted June 07, 2014
This charter school is horrible. The prinicpal of the Switzer Mesa campus allowed 6 students to be violated by making them clean someone else's feces off the bathroom walls. Then refused to inform the parents because she did not have to do anything. The owner's reply was that according to state statutes they do not have to do anything and do not answer to the state bard of education.

Posted February 27, 2013
Ms. Meghan works with Ms. Leah so well (west side). They are a fantastic team!!! My child was attached to Ms. Meghan so much on the first day of school. I feel very comfortable to leave my child to either Ms. Leah or Ms. Meghan. They are like my family members. You can trust them 200%. Many times, when my child cried a lot in the morning, Ms. Meghan always comforted me by saying that "It is very normal. He will be fine." I felt much better immediately. She takes great care of my child each day. Her smile is beautiful. Ms. Meghan and Ms. Leah are the same kind of people. They were born to be teachers. Great people go and work together!

Posted February 25, 2013
Ms. Leah (west side) is the best of the best!!! You cannot find a teacher better than her. She is really a life saver. She is a great person and an awesome teacher. Nothing can describe how good she is. She cares about her students and how parents feel. She loves her students from the bottom of her heart. It is HER who makes Montessori survive. Hope that more teachers are like her. She should be rewarded (salary raise or something). She deserves any big reward/award.

Posted February 06, 2013
My oldest son attended Montessori on the Westside years ago with much success and has since moved on to the upper level classes at Switzer Mesa. Our middle son was enrolled in Montessori at the Sunnyside location, although we had a rough first year, after changes were made with the administration and teachers we have been very happy. I feel that Ms. Patti and her teaching staff do a wonderful job of balancing structure while allowing the children to learn at their own pace. Mys son's teacher, Ms. Bethany has inspired him to want to learn, it's amazing how he went from being frustrated about learning to read to being so excited about his next book. I enjoy seeing the energy and enthusiasm that she brings to the classroom. I intend to enroll my youngest son next year as well.

Posted May 27, 2011
Two of my children attended the Sunnyside campus for preschool and kindergarten as well as the Switzer Mesa elementary school campus. The teachers are compassionate and interested in each child as an individual. They create a sense of community in the classroom. Each child can work at his/her own pace. The students are constantly challenged but not overwhelmed. Even at the elementary level, there is plenty of outdoor/recreation time. The kdg kids have lots of time to play and run around in a safe environment. Since each child is with the same group of teachers for about three years, we were able to really form a partnership with the teachers and our children grew very close to them. The afterschool program at the Elementary school is fantastic. It is well-organized and safe, and children can also choose from various extracurricular activities (chess, art, music) if they wish. The Montessori environment is an excellent setting for learning. It allows kids to be self-directed and mobile within the classroom. The school teaches in a fun and inspiring way and emphasizes peacefulness and respect. I can't say enough about how happy we are that our children go there.

Posted May 21, 2011
My child has attended for four years. The teachers are caring and willing to listen if your child has difficulty academically or emotionally. This is the best Montessori school my child has attended (my child attended three others in Phoenix). The academic standards are high and my child has been challenged. My child has also benefited from the close-knit community. The art program is excellent as well.

Montessori Charter School of Flagstaff - Campus 1

Posted May 14, 2011
Very disappointed with the administration at the Sunnyside location. Very unprofessional and lacking in a true Montessori philosophy. Expectations are inappropriate for the younger children who are lumped in with the older children and expected to have the same level of concentration. There is no real play which kids need not to mention love. It felt cold and not child centered at all. They try to make you feel like they are the only option in town and they can do whatever they please because of it. Don't believe them and don't waste your money!

Montessori Charter School of Flagstaff - Campus 4

Posted January 29, 2011
I go to Montessori, I go to the middle school and this is my first charter school. The admisistration is deffinetly less then perfect and they are patronizing, but the teachers, the students, and what we acctually learn is awesome. We have weekly outings, community service projects and, between cycles, a trip or really fun outing, like going skiing, shopping downtown, having formal dinner night, or having a school sleep over. and the best parrt about these things is, the students plan it all. but in order to go on the outings and trips you have to have all your work in and have at least a 70 to go. I think the best part about this school is if you dont understand something, the teachers help you with it, one on one, after school, in during school, before school, during study hall. they will explain something over and over until you get it. I would deffinetly reccomend the middle school, but not the elementary school. They encourage working alone, which creates a ton of social issues. the middle school doesn't do that and is by far the best school I've been to.

Montessori Charter School of Flagstaff - Campus 4

Posted January 09, 2011
The Montessori Charter School of Flagstaff is certainly not a perfect school. However, after trying many schools in Flag and for that matter across the country, I believe MCSF is one of the better options, if not the best option here. They have small class sizes, unlike FUSD, and the curriculum is highly challenging as well as fun and well rounded for a student in today's society. They combine community service, handson learning, one-on-one teaching when needed, and the teachers seem to be happy and enjoy their job. So yes, I would have to agree that this school does lack leadership and on occasion I have had to disagree with the director. But after seeing the products of my kids education as my kids have moved thru the school to middle school and now highschool, it is very obvious my kids learned how to take on the real world with courage and high self esteem, ambition, a love of learning, and great study habits. In fact, I had no clue how far ahead they really were until my child entered highschool, which indeed was a wonderful surprise. I truly believe the Montessori Middle School is among the best in Arizona. I look forward to possibly a highschool in the future.

Montessori Charter School of Flagstaff - Campus 0

Posted September 26, 2010
They are a "great" school focused on educating the children. Student to teacher ratio is perfect and we love the multi leveled classroom where the students are the teachers as well.

Montessori Charter School of Flagstaff - Campus
850 N. Locust, Flagstaff, AZ  86001
Last modified Montessori Charter School of Flagstaff - Campus is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montessori Charter School of Flagstaff - Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top