Flagstaff, AZ

Posted August 12, 2014
I can not recommend this school as a choice for your child; or as an alternative to traditional public schools. Chaos rains on a daily basis, there is no leadership or direction. I think it could be better with a consistent, experienced leader and less teacher turn over. They seem to "Toe the party (district) Line" rather than do what is best for children.

Summit High School 5

Posted August 09, 2014
Summit has helped my son tremendously. I have been very impressed with the Principal and teachers. This is my sons 2nd year. Way to go Summit staff, your awesome even the secretary.

Posted August 09, 2014
Confusion and disorder reign here. The school is know as "Project New Start", "Summit High School" and the state report card calls it "Christensen New Start School". Confused yet? That's just the start of the problems. The school has no identity; it's lead by former principal now assistant principal Mr. Koenker. If you want an education for ur child don't go here. My son was put here to "give him a New Start"; which I was excited about. It was clear that there is no new start; students are yelled at by admin and teachers, students are beat down; causing the students to band together for safety not education. They hate it there. When I spoke with the principal he lied, covered for teachers and ignored all my concerns. He dismissed me and treated me like trash, no matter the evidence and safety concerns. After several meetings and getting no where I went to Hickman and she was worse; she is extremely unprofessional, dismissive and condescending. As a native I've seen her "leadership" has ruined everything, district grades went A to C's. I have removed my son and he is excelling at another school. I think the district needs a "New Start" with leadership.

Posted May 28, 2014
This school is terrible, to say the least ! The principal is unable to deal with problems properly, creating chaos. He is a dismissive know it all and will not listen to reason, instead he believes that he is perfect and cannot make mistakes.The administration is uninterested in providing any support whether it was academic or in handling the disruptive behaviors of students in the classroom. It is sad that the administration has such little concern in supporting students or staff. The environment is one of chaos and anarchy. When a student is referred to the principal it turns into a litigation pitting the teacher and student. He is a joke to students, teachers and parents. I would never send my children to this school, it is a complete mess and in total disorder . No one cares about education; it's all about preserving their jobs and putting on a "good front" to the public. I can't believe the district allows this school to remain open. Or at least change the leadership!

Posted July 12, 2013
went to this school when it first opened. how lays concrete floors and gets math credit. The teachers were juvenile as well and actually gossiped. sad choice for a school and only a LAST resort and one step above not graduating. if you have any alternative to graduate I would chose that instead.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 20, 2008

Summit High School 4

Posted December 11, 2004

Summit High School 4

Posted April 20, 2004
New Start saved my teen. She came to New Start Middle School ready to drop out. Since attending for two years she was promoted to high school. She is now a Sophmore with average to above average grades and the hope and goals which will lead to success. It is a smaller environment with two highly qualified teachers who understand alternative kids.

Summit High School
320 N Aztec, Flagstaff, AZ  86004
Last modified Summit High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summit High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top