Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Small school with big attitude, and not a good one. Everything starts at the top, Principal here is is no exception with a dismissive and condescending manner.

June can't come soon enough. I was encouraged by administration at Sinagua Middle School, Summit and district to move my son to this school for a "fresh start". I was assured that he would be successful all along, but this was all a lie. It's no wonder f-U-sd has lost 50% of its enrollment in the past 20 years, being complacent mediocrity is the norm. This school is a joke, teachers are collecting $$$ for showing up. That's all that matters. I will never by a part of this district again.

I can not recommend this school as a choice for your child; or as an alternative to traditional public schools. Chaos rains on a daily basis, there is no leadership or direction. I think it could be better with a consistent, experienced leader and less teacher turn over. They seem to "Toe the party (district) Line" rather than do what is best for children.

Summit has helped my son tremendously. I have been very impressed with the Principal and teachers. This is my sons 2nd year. Way to go Summit staff, your awesome even the secretary.

Confusion and disorder reign here. The school is know as "Project New Start", "Summit High School" and the state report card calls it "Christensen New Start School". Confused yet? That's just the start of the problems. The school has no identity; it's lead by former principal now assistant principal Mr. Koenker. If you want an education for ur child don't go here. My son was put here to "give him a New Start"; which I was excited about. It was clear that there is no new start; students are yelled at by admin and teachers, students are beat down; causing the students to band together for safety not education. They hate it there. When I spoke with the principal he lied, covered for teachers and ignored all my concerns. He dismissed me and treated me like trash, no matter the evidence and safety concerns. After several meetings and getting no where I went to Hickman and she was worse; she is extremely unprofessional, dismissive and condescending. As a native I've seen her "leadership" has ruined everything, district grades went A to C's. I have removed my son and he is excelling at another school. I think the district needs a "New Start" with leadership.

This school is terrible, to say the least ! The principal is unable to deal with problems properly, creating chaos. He is a dismissive know it all and will not listen to reason, instead he believes that he is perfect and cannot make mistakes.The administration is uninterested in providing any support whether it was academic or in handling the disruptive behaviors of students in the classroom. It is sad that the administration has such little concern in supporting students or staff. The environment is one of chaos and anarchy. When a student is referred to the principal it turns into a litigation pitting the teacher and student. He is a joke to students, teachers and parents. I would never send my children to this school, it is a complete mess and in total disorder . No one cares about education; it's all about preserving their jobs and putting on a "good front" to the public. I can't believe the district allows this school to remain open. Or at least change the leadership!

went to this school when it first opened. how lays concrete floors and gets math credit. The teachers were juvenile as well and actually gossiped. sad choice for a school and only a LAST resort and one step above not graduating. if you have any alternative to graduate I would chose that instead.

Last modified Summit High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12