Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 03, 2015
Cromer has been a great school for my oldest. He is in third grade. At the end of 2nd grade children are expected to be able to read 90 wpm and he was reading 144 wpm. He excelled in math. We have a great PTO that I have been part of since he started kindergarten. Everyone is super friendly and a great community. I also feel that a parent gets out of a school what you put in. For me being involved is a must.

Posted March 04, 2012
This is our first experience with a public elementary school. We came from the Phoenix area where my son went to private preschool. We are SO impressed with this school and the teachers. I was new to Flagstaff and had some parents tell me how awful Cromer school was (I believe them to just be school snobs). My son has done better at this school than the private school he was at in the valley. He is learning so much, he absolutely loves it. He comes home everyday saying that he had a wonderful day and looks forward to going. The teachers and Principal are so nice! It's too bad that we're moving away as soon as he finishes school in May. I would love for him to continue on there.

Sturgeon Cromer Elementary School 1

Posted December 07, 2010
We had a horrible experience at this school. The curriculum is geared towards kids with no parental involvement at all. There have incredibly low standards. Indeed there is little parental involvement at this school for anything but fund raising. This isn't that surprising since I found myself unwelcome as a parent volunteer at this school. The principal is too passive, apathetic and laid back for effective leadership. They feed the kids massive amounts of fat and sugar in class and recess is optional and not consistent. The class sizes are too big, overwhelming the teachers, making them ineffective and incapable of one on one time with any student. Worst of all was that they have little supervision during lunch time with 3-4 aids for around 260 students and something terrible happened to our daughter as a result.

Sturgeon Cromer Elementary School 2

Posted September 29, 2010
This is a teacher centered school that has extremely low standards, doesn't follow district guidelines for improvement and is satisfied with mediocrity. It has a newer and better kept building than most Flagstaff schools, but it is also very dark inside, which isn't a terribly healthy environment for kids to spend their days in. Also, the students are given about 15 minutes to eat at lunch time if they are lucky and then are forced by aids to throw their lunches away. If you have another option for your kids, use it.

Posted September 15, 2009
this is one of the best elementary schools here in Flagstaff. never have I seen teachers and parents so involved!

Posted July 03, 2009

Posted May 20, 2009
Terrific school, terrific teachers. I just wish the playground was a little nicer, though.

Posted September 18, 2008
Wonderful school. If you want a quality education with caring children this is the place for them. My children love to go to school. Cromer Teachers and Staff, keep up the fabulous work!

Posted August 29, 2008
Great school, great staff. My son attended here for seven years and had great success. My daughter attends now, I hope she does as well.

Posted October 03, 2007
I have two children at Cromer, my son has been at Cromer since K, and I love the school. The teachers are A++

7150 E Silver Saddle Road, Flagstaff, AZ  86004
Last modified Sturgeon Cromer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.