Bad
Good

Honestly the best school I have ever had to take my child to. They are extremely patient with my daughter and won't give up (like her other school did). Would recommend this school to any parent. Mrs. Hatch and Miss. Realmonte you both are awesome. Thank you.

I pulled my son from this school because I just wanted a smaller class size and teachers that really can get to know my son. Recess is a mess with sometimes over 200 kids and two adults. The school is just too big. They do have some great teachers and if class size is not a big deal to you than this school might be a fit for you.

My children have been going to this school for 4 years and I really love it!!!! Very creative and hard working staff....The only thing I wish was that the school offered beginning sports programs like basketball or baseball for 4th and 5th graders. Obviously, with budget cuts they just cant do it....but overall I am impressed

EXCELLENT SCHOOL!!!!!!!! LOVE the STAFF!!!! Mrs. Walton knows all the students by name and is EXTREMELY loving and caring to all.

Love the staff and school!! Excellent!

Great Teachers.... Lots of field trips for the kids to learn about our home town

I completely disagree with the previous review. The teachers and principal welcome parents' input about their child's education. Mrs. Walton is amazing and very caring...in fact, she is one of the main reasons my son is at Knoles. She is incredibly in-tune with the parents and students at Knoles.

This school is perfect if you don't want to be a part of your child's education. Most parents at this school send them and let the school do everything else. Principal is like over 60 and needs to retire. She is not on the top level needed for a school in todays time.

I've had three children go through Knoles. The school is increasingly diversified in ethnicity, which challenges the school to keep academic performance high despite the needs of a growing ELL population. My children have all done well at Knoles, and I appreciate the attention given to students' safety and academic and social growth. No school can be everything to every student or family, but I think Knoles was excellent for my children.

I noticed Knoles mainly focuses on academics and a traditional approach. This is not a multi-cultural school, so it was not a good fit for my child. It is predominantly white and lacking inclusion for children of other ethnicities. We value acceptance, kindness to others, and cultural education, but we didn't get those things at Knoles. I agree with other comments that the staff seemed unapproachable to middle and lower class families. We felt that as well. We initially based our decision on Knoles by test scores, but learned that a school's environment is just as important. This isn't the school for everyone, but then again, what school is? We are switching to a multi-cultural school with smaller class size. Knoles has one of the largest class size ratios in the district.

Last modified Thomas M Knoles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.