K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Flagstaff, AZ

Posted April 20, 2014
All my children attended the Peak School my oldest has graduated from here and had the tools to be successful in high school. My children continue to grow and progress in school. I credit the great teachers and small classes. I feel that each teacher offers each student with the support and tools to learn. This is done with incorporating hands on learning inside the class and outside. The school is located in Sunnyside of Flagstaff which offers great insight to the word "community." The families support the school and the staff through fundraising, attendance of Parent Teacher meetings. The staff has always provided me support and taken time to for concerns.

Posted February 11, 2014
If I had the option, I'd give this school 0 stars. I am a parent who has worked at schools before, and the level of incompetence the staff displays is extraordinary. They never answered my phone calls, yet they had the audacity to call me on multiple occasions, demanding I call them back, to no avail. The grades are very low as well, ranging from 30s to 70s, of which I assume is due to the lack of classroom materials and an interactive learning environment. The only time I went to a PTA meeting, the rooms were barren, save for desks and chairs. They told me about how their learning environment was both immersive and interactive, although my son always would complain about the numerous worksheets they would recieve on a daily basis. The school also resides in a potentially dangerous neighborhood; vagrants walk around the "playground" (in reality a parking lot), and on numerous occasions the school has gone into lockdown because of this. Don't send your children to this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 27, 2013
I have seen some great things happening at PEAK this year, I wish the had a high school too!

Posted August 03, 2013
The PEAK School gives children the chance to be challenged in a diverse setting. It is a small school where all the staff know me by name. After having homeschooled this was a great choice for my kids!

Posted August 02, 2013
The PEAK School is an excellent school. An experienced, certified teaching staff provides and a positive and supportive learning environment. Students receive the individual attention they need to grow and development academically and socially. My children have spent many happy years at The PEAK School.

Posted May 27, 2013
I wouldn't send a child o this school if it was the only school in Flagstaff. My grandson attended second grade. The facility is a joke. So cramped. No halls. You have to walk thru one class to get to another. His teacher whinned a lot to the kids and only new bribery and giving and taking away things and privileges to get them to cooperate. Teacher was also unorganized. No playground. Very unimpressed. Lots of sickness because the kids are all couped up.

The Peak School 2

Posted October 10, 2010
I've worked at this school as a teacher and other positions and I would NEVER let my children attend a school like this. School leadership is non-existent and incompetent at best. Teachers are stretched beyond their means because the school doesn't manage their resources wisely. The school is housed in an old elevator repair building and an old restaurant which forces the students to play in alleys and parking lots. There is no push from the school to move to a better facility either. As far as the education is concerned, the school relies heavily on worksheets and busy work. They refuse to fire incompetent, uncertified teachers because they don't want to pay unemployment. The student does not come first here, if they did, they wouldn't keep teachers who don't know how to teach.

Posted August 31, 2009
I'm a grandparent of a PEAK student. Expectations for students are high, yet individualized. There is an overall feel of an extremely creative and caring environment.

Posted August 20, 2008
My son went to school here for the first and second grade. There was some unpleasantness with the staff that was overlooked by the heads of the school and I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 19, 2008
I am a former employee of the school and I can tell you first hand that the owners/Principal of the school want and strive for only the best for all the children. They truly are amazing people. When they say that learning is individualized, they mean it. At this school, you can believe that your child will not be left behind

The Peak School
2016 North First Street A & B, Flagstaff, AZ  86004
Last modified The Peak School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Peak School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top