Bad
Good

Coming from another school, I am so impressed with the experience my child is having at Haven. Two months in and I have already seen huge impact on my child. The staff is knowledgable, kind and professional. I am so happy we made the switch and feel confident my child is getting the education she deserves. Keep up the great work!

There is a disturbing lack of communication between the teachers/staff and parents. Simple questions are met with vague answers or outright haughtiness (from staff especially). Ironically, despite the pretentious vibe that permeates this place, it is totally disorganized. Lastly, there is a general lack of cheeriness that is unsettling.If you visit, notice the absence of happy children laughter sounds.

Our child loves her teacher and all of the staff. They care a lot about everyone and really go the extra mile. We had a great school year and watched our child develop in ways that we never knew she could at such a young age. We can't wait to see what comes next. I find all of the staff to be caring and very committed. I don't think Montessori is for everyone, but it works great for our family.

We agree with the pretentiousness! Not something we want our children growing up around. We decided not to put our kids into this school after our pre-experiences there.

Pretentious administration, if you want to be looked down upon and judged for seemingly no reason what-so-ever, then this school could be for you.

Haven Montessori has provided my children with the necessary framework, academically and socially, to be successful. The teachers and staff are kind, generous, excited to teach, and genuinely care about our family. My children are so excited to learn and come to school, and we could not be more pleased with the education that they are receiving. Not only are they learning academics well beyond what I imagined they could do at this age, but they are learning social lessons that will serve them well throughout their lives. Haven Montessori is the best in Flagstaff.

My children absolutely love this school, and I agree. It truly inspires learning, and I am amazed at how seemingly effortlessly they advance. The academics are superb and the teachers and administrative staff are kind and generous. If I could give it 6 stars, I would.

We took our child out of this school, not for acedemic reasons, but for the lack of social guidance the children are given outside the classroom. Too many times we would walk down the school hallways and see kids literally beating each other up with aides/staff feet away. The play ground is not supervised well. We would see kids throwing rocks at each other and older kids picking on younger kids. After mentioning our concerns that our child was being picked on by an older child, nothing seemed to be done as our child kept reporting to us. It is a shame, because the actual program of learning is fabulous. The staff are ok, little too pretentious for us.

An absolutely amazing place! Just going to drop off and pick up my children makes me happy. Truly a safe, comfortable, inspiring, and confidence-building place for all children.

This is the paramount Montessori school in Flagstaff. Its also the only AMI Montessori. Their AMI training really makes a difference. My daughter has become so much more independent and confident there. The teachers are invested 100% in educating your child not only academicly, but as a whole person. The children come away motivated to learn and support one another in their learning. I can't think of a better school in town. I have plenty of experience working in the other schools with challenging students and know what else is out there.

Last modified Haven Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.