Florence High School 1

Posted October 14, 2014
This school is NOT good. The teachers aren't engaging and some are pretty lazy. Some of the staff/students are rude too. All this school cares about is athletics, especially football. If you're looking to pursue something in the arts, then this school is NOT for you. There's not even an orchestra, which I was looking forward to since freshmen year (and I'm now a junior and there STILL isn't one).

Posted April 28, 2014
Florence High School It is a great school, great kids, and IB school and A rated. The staff is professional and leadership is very involved in continuously working to improve student achievement.

Posted April 28, 2014
This school is a great place to work. The teacher's are dedicated to helping each student reach their personal best. The administration is supportive. Students show peers and staff respect.

Posted April 28, 2014
Great volleyball program. Amazing staff. Love this school . They have a IB program that is extremely hard but worth it.

Posted April 28, 2014
My school is the best school that I have ever gone to since my Freshmen year! I love all of the students there and all of the teachers and staff as wekk

Posted April 18, 2014
The quality of the education the children receive in the Florence School District is OUTSTANDING from your special needs student to advanced placement student. truly, no child is left behind.

Posted August 12, 2012
I am the proud mother of three BEAUTIFUL children who have benefited from a positive educational experience at FHS! My oldest graduated with a 4.6 GPA in 2011. My second graduated as one of the three IB FULL DIPLOMA RECIPIENTS. And my son is thriving academically, challenged every day with the rigorous course study that will ensure his IB status, as well. My children have had THE BEST teachers and administrators that go over and BEYOND what is expected of them to be certain my kids are successful. I am quite pleased with FHS!

Florence High School 4

Posted June 19, 2012
I went to Florence High for two years and I do recommend this for anyone who wants a quality education. The IB program is really taking off and is one of the only ones in the state. Although the band is so-so, the football team and other sports have done excellent. chess team and cheer team won state. My teachers were awesome and I learned alot for them, minus the exception of theband teacher that had recently changed. If you are in it for the band, go somewhere else but it really is a great place to get an amazing education

Florence High School 1

Posted October 25, 2010
Being a new student at this school, I haven't been helped at all from the teachers or faculty. The teachers and faculty that don't know me give sarcastic remarks and don't really care about me or what I need help with. I've even been harassed by students just for following the rules and I know that even if I do report it, nothing will happen besides this "contract" that will be signed, which is illegal since schools must get a parent signature for contracts for it to be a legal document anyway. Much of the staff at Florence High School gossip about other students and seem like they don't do much while working. They are so lazy for out of district students that they won't even check for the required testing in other areas so students just have to take the required testing in Arizona.

Posted March 31, 2010

Florence High School
1001 South Main Street, Florence, AZ  85132
Last modified Florence High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top