Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Moving my children from this place was the best decision I have ever made. Like most of FUSD, it is a sad place. Unfortunate for those who are trapped there and in that district.

Anthem is a wonderful school. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the friendliness of staff, the teamwork, and the positive atmosphere. It is a huge difference from the district I came from last year. The district is willing and giving of teacher trainings, and the district has set goals and prepares you as a teacher and a student to achieve those goals. I love working for this school, and feel as though I will be here for a long time helping students become educated, and hopefully helping them to enjoy their education! I rated our school a four because I always think there is room for improvement.

The first month of school they lost my 5 year old and put him on a bus. He doesn't ride the bus. 45 minutes later he was found by a stranger walking down Hunt Hwy. My 8 year old started having issues at school, but wouldn't talk to us about it. I asked the teacher several times to watch him and she just said he's fine. He went from a straight A student to Cs and Ds in half a year. In one year this school destroyed any good thoughts we had about it.

I have three daughters in grades k-2nd, we moved to florence from arizona city and I have to say I am pretty impressed by this school. The food is way better than their last school. My daughters getting a lot better education. The teachers they have actually care and listen to what the parent has to say. My 1st grader is having trouble and I asked her teacher to give her a little extra help and with her and my support my daughter is doing better. They have no bullying problems at all. My only complaint is the bus system and lack of after school programming for the younger kids. My girls have nothing to do aside from school work.

The food is gross like slop the kids fight over sack lunch also they like to charge even if your on free lunch ( my daughter took milk and they charged her for full meal) and wanted us to pay cash. The place is full of bullies and the staff do nothen about it... It was so bad my daughter called home everyday from nurse feeling sick wanted to come home then started to have anxiety attacks. They also want to put my son in a normal fifth grade class when he has (cemo brain) he cant remember anything he has IEP and they still pass along the buck.. I also had a friend who had a child there and he was getting all F's and they still passed him to another grade she moved and the school he goes to now got him into IEP for autism. After school program is a joke and they make up things to keep your kids after school for not taking out notebook in time the teacher sit there and makes the kids do homework and does not help them..l instead of using that time to tutor the children falling behind and your kids dont get home until almost 5 at night. Some of the teachers are ok but the good ones dont stay long or all parents want that teacher..good luck with this school.

My kids have been going to this school for 7 yrs now and they love it. The principal, Mr Yennie has always addressed any questions I had immediately. What I love is how they are taking the Anti Bullying Campaign very, very seriously. This is something I believe is extremely important. The teachers that my kids have had are always taking their job seriously and make sure that my kids are in the best enviornment. I highly rate this school.

run, run, run!!! this school is a horrible place for children! not safe, not safe, not safe!! dont leave your children in the hands of this prison!!

We were pleasently surprised by this school. My Daughter had a horrible experience at a local charter school her second week of Kindergarten. She was so terrified and humiliated by the teacher that she became terrified of school, and had to be home schooled for the rest of the year. After visiting every school within a 45 minute radius, we enrolled her in Anthem for first grade. The principal was very helpful in guiding us to a teacher that was gentle and could help my little girl. Mrs Prescott, her teacher, has been fantastic . She is gentle, patient and full of encouragement. The principal, vice p., librarian, etc. all look out for her. What a wonderful Place.

It doesn't even rate for us anymore. We finally had to move out of the state to get away from that school. My kids were constantly hating going to school saying how the teachers huulated them, were told they don't know anything, their class was all bad kids. I talked with the principal as well and she did nothing! We are so happy to be out of that school...and watch out they let anyone get on the bus. My poor K kid got on the bus and they the wouldn't even let me find her! Nobody knew where she was. An older kid saw her and told me and I had to wait in the cafeteria where we had to sign our kids out every day. What a joke of a school!!!

My daughter is in the 6th grade at Anthem and is being harassed everyday and the principal and the teachers have done nothing about it. Her teacher even disciplines students in front of the whole class. My daughter is special needs and she has destroyed what self esteem she had. She used to love school until we moved to Florence and now she hates school and begs me to let her stay home. Be careful if your child has an IEP because they don t seem to follow them.

Last modified Anthem Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.