Bad
Good

The school environment was really unstable. They had students "filling" in for teachers and the lunch program was very unplanned and unsanitary. Students were also not well disciplined and didn't take their education seriously. The teachers wanted to teach the kids but a lot of their personal issues got in the way (losses, health...). The schools goal is strong but they need more motivation to get to that goal.

this is a great school. although they need to check the school and busees because there is a smell that is not right.

This is the best school I have attended in my life! All the teachers help you and make sure you know all the material before moving on. The principal and teachers are super nice and easy to get along with. I would recommend this school to anyone who wanted a personalized learning plan.

Wow I thought this school would be great for my child but that wasn't the case. My child was treated unfairly and when very sick with the flu was threatened with expulsion upon failing to attend. The transportation for the school was also very poor, some students heaving to ride in a white van due to lack of bus transportation. Further more upon reading the schools rules and regulations hand book I was required to sign a "Bus rules and regulations form" witch was never provided. I really do not recommend this school until they get the kinks worked out.

I am currentley going to aobi and it is such a fair school and the teachers are very cool and i love it there people are friendley and i feel so safe there and i think every thing there is soo good and all i can say is thanks aobi u rock jean and tisha and tye and shannon i love this school Thank you AOBI

Wow, I never thought I would find a school for my daughter that she would feel safe in. The principal goes out of her way to make sure all the kids feel welcome and comfortable. I love the zero tolerance for drugs and violence! What a welcome relief! Here is a great example of a principal taking the school back from the thugs and dealers! Then on the other hand, they don't sweat the small stuff! Thank you, Thank you AOBI!

Academy of Building Industries has brought more than I could ever imagine into my life. The teachers treat you with respect and understanding, rather than the usual form of impatience and scoff. In short, this school is one of the best I've ever gone to and, really, it gives more to a student than many you'll find today.

I am very proud to be part of the team of dedicated professionals who teach, guide and mentor our 'hands-on' kids. These students along with their parents, chose the Academy because of it's hands-on environment, self paced curriculum, and focus on vocational training in various building trades. It is a much stricter environment in serious aspects, and much more flexable in less serious aspects than district school environment. So if you are looking for a non-traditional educational experience, in a loving and supportive environment, with 0 tolerence for violence and drugs, then AOBI is your school!

a great school where kids can learn at their own pace

My child attended this school for a year. It was by far the worst school I have ever seen. He did not get the proper education and the principal was very rude. I am surprised the school is still open since there are so many 'unfair' things that happen at this school. They should be reported !

Last modified Academy Of Building Industries is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.