Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

We love the school and are happy we chose to move to the community. Our boys are doing well and making good friends. Because it is a small school there are many opportunities to get involved. Our boys play multiple sports, are active in a number of clubs, and serve on student council. The principal is young and involved.

My son just started FHHS, a freshman, and so far so good. Smaller classrooms, great teachers, encourage family involvement. He is also on the JV & Varsity football with incredible coaches, esp coach Flynn! The senior boys are mentors for their younger teammates, which I absolutely love! We are a small town that is VERY connected. I know my children's friends & parents very well. We all look out for each other's kids. Tons of fun community events, keeps us all close & active. I am excited to see the good changes from our new Superintendent Dr Sweeney.

I have 5 kids in the Fountain Hills district. Ranked 19th in the state, high percentage of graduates go on to get bachelor's degrees, small school means more play time in sports, community driven, new principal with huge drive and invested interest in the district with 3 of his own kids in the elementary school here, Dr Sweeney superintendent (check out his bio!) Lots of positives, so many more, that made it the right choice for us! Our son just graduated last year and is attending GCU this year. I am a realtor in town and have a great video from the district on why choose FHUSD on my page for you to check out... Heather Tolis Real Estate. Hope this is helpful!! Message me with any questions or to help in any way, I would be happy to be a resource for you!!

Many reasons to celebrate this school! There is a great CTE program, very inclusive sports program, and outstanding both visual and performing arts programs. The academics vary by teacher, as with any school, but it is on an uphill swing for sure! Many new young motivated teachers, thanks to Dr. Sweeney, our Superintendent, who is leading this district to new heights. My student is a sophomore and very active in extracurriculars, such as Band, Academic Decathlon, and soccer. If you are looking for a community feel in a school, where the teachers are very approachable, this is the one!

Fountain Hills has a hard time attracting and retaining certified teachers. If you have a family or kids, consider taking them out of the area. Home values are going to plummet if they can't do something about this. How can a teacher live here with it being so expensive?

This school is an exceptional school. The teachers are dedicated and I am learning new things every day. Extracurricular activities are plentiful. There are school clubs that will welcome anyone (I happen to be in student gov't). This school is a great school

My daughter recently graduated from Fountain Hills High School and had a wonderful, diverse educational experience at all the FHUSD schools. She enjoyed attending a smaller school that allowed her to be involved in many extracurricular activities and sports programs. This is difficult to do at a large school where you must focus on a single sport or be cut from the team. She has made a seamless transition to college studies proving that the school prepared her well to continue her education. I'm sure it is impossible to please everyone who has attended FHHS or any school (note the several negative reviews). Kids get out of school what they put into it and it takes a good work ethic to be successful. No school can "fix" a lazy or entitled kid, only the parents can.

This school is bad. I am in my second year here and nothing is getting better. Some of the teachers are alright, great even. But the students... Are immature and more focused on being popular, most are ignorant and out of control, but not all of them, just the majority. The school is practically focused on how it appears on the outside and doesn't care how deteriorated it is on the inside. They can't afford new and better things because all the money is being put into pointless things that don't contribute to anything in any way. There is little to no positive vibe here, except for pep rallies (in which we are practically forced to believe we attend an amazing school). Don't be blinded by how it appears on the outside, take it from someone who has been below the surface of all the fake enthusiastic nonsense and has seen what the place really is. Also the whole drug and sex thing here is bad. These kids who are barely 16 can't go a few weeks of dating without the whole "Yeah we had sex" or "I heard they did it in the locker room". This is seriously sad.

The kids have had 8 algebra teachers since the beginning of the year. 2 actual teachers and the rest were subs. The same thing happened in physics with 3 different teachers. There are some very unstable kids here with self esteem issues, and they tend to thrive off of one another and try to drag others down with them, but then there are a lot of good kids too. The athletic program and band program are wonderful and those kids are really happy. Most parents work full time here and kids are often meandering around the town getting in trouble because there is nothing to do here. Research the town's problems in the FH Times and some community Facebook pages to inform yourself before you find yourself in a terrible situation.

Fountain Hills HS is a unique school in a unique community. We have a daughter who has been attending for two years and loves it. She is in AP and Honors classes, multiple clubs and a sport. The school offers three diploma levels. She is working on graduating with the Highest Distinction diploma and has already earned college credit from a couple of her courses. We have a son who will be starting his Freshman year there and can't wait! Like any school parents need to be involved and FHHS is no different. Get involved, put your student on a diploma path that will challenge him/her and encourage them to participate in extracurricular activities. They will love this small school experience.

Last modified Fountain Hills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.