Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

It is a magnet school for children with learning differences.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

They have a top notch principal here.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I am impressed with the lessons in soft skills that my son repeats to us at dinner.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We felt like we had individual attention from each of the teachers so far. They are well-organized, communicative, and kind.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

No overly burdensome homework at the K and 1 level. I can't comment beyond that.

We absolutely love Pioneer. I think it's generally accepted that the kindergarten teachers are all remarkable. The emotional support is strong and the academic qualifications are high. When our son moved into first grade I was worried we had just gotten lucky and his experience would not be as good, but it is just an A+ school all around. As a overly critical parent, I definitely recommend it.

Moved to this school from Eduprize. Best decision I could have made. I had to send my child to Sylvan last year to help her learn basic 3rd grade math. After 6weeks at Pioneer, I have seen a major improvement, my fourth grader is understanding and enjoying math, her handwriting is improving, she enjoys going to school each day. The teacher and front office have been friendly and helpful and seemed to have genuine the kids. Charter schools we have been involved with failed, they do not have the funds to go the extra mile for kids that may need a little extra help. This is a great public school, so far very pleased.

I have no idea what the parent from January 2015 is describing. Pioneer elementary is an A+ school with A+ teachers and staff. Mr. Mike Davis and his front office staff is the most friendly, helpful and wonderful group i've encountered at a school campus. Rude is not at all what you will find. I have sent all three of my children to Pioneer (even boundary exempted them when we moved) and absolutely loved this school. NBCT teach on this campus that still retain veteran teachers...that's hard to find these days. My children have attended since 2000. My youngest son cried and cried on the last day of 6th grade, while hugging his 6th grade teacher on the playground, he never wanted to leave. This school has a small town feel in a big city with lots of alternative school choices...You are missing out if you do not choose Pioneer. Where teachers volunteer for extra curricular sports events after school to a high academic rigor....loved, loved Pioneer! If Mrs. Martin is still teaching, take her for fist grade. Oldham and Moore are among the best int heir field as well,

I no longer send my kids here.. I took them out almost 3 years now and it was the best move I ever made.. just wish that I did it earlier.. First of all.. my Son was in pre-k for 2 years.. so since he was 3 and a half.. he needed speech. Then they put him in a IEP class and never got out and was reading at a 2nd grade level when he was in the 4th grade. I got the red flags when they wanted to put my daughter in there but they couldn't because her IQ test was too high, really??? and when her 2nd grade teacher saw you she would turn around and go the other way.. Very disappointed with the whole school Mr. Davis and the staff in front very rude and snotty. Moved my kids to Wilson in Mesa out of district and my son was out of speech class and reading at his level in 6 months.. Gilbert school district is not all what they make of it beware people. I moved to Gilbert just for the schools and now send my kids to Mesa best move I ever made wish I never would have walked into Pioneer all those years ago.. BTW my son is on Honor roll every semester and so is my daughter.. 6th and 4th graders now.. and no IEP class for 2 years.. :)

This is our first year as a Pioneer family and so far our experience has been nothing but positive. The office staff have always been helpful, professional and friendly, and the school as a whole has a clean, friendly feel to it. More than anything though, we have been hugely impressed by the dedication of our daughters teacher. Mrs. Collins has done a great job of balancing academics with creativity and fun!

Last modified Pioneer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.