Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted July 06, 2016
I have no idea what the parent from January 2015 is describing. Pioneer elementary is an A+ school with A+ teachers and staff. Mr. Mike Davis and his front office staff is the most friendly, helpful and wonderful group i've encountered at a school campus. Rude is not at all what you will find. I have sent all three of my children to Pioneer (even boundary exempted them when we moved) and absolutely loved this school. NBCT teach on this campus that still retain veteran teachers...that's hard to find these days. My children have attended since 2000. My youngest son cried and cried on the last day of 6th grade, while hugging his 6th grade teacher on the playground, he never wanted to leave. This school has a small town feel in a big city with lots of alternative school choices...You are missing out if you do not choose Pioneer. Where teachers volunteer for extra curricular sports events after school to a high academic rigor....loved, loved Pioneer! If Mrs. Martin is still teaching, take her for fist grade. Oldham and Moore are among the best int heir field as well,

Pioneer Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2015
I no longer send my kids here.. I took them out almost 3 years now and it was the best move I ever made.. just wish that I did it earlier.. First of all.. my Son was in pre-k for 2 years.. so since he was 3 and a half.. he needed speech. Then they put him in a IEP class and never got out and was reading at a 2nd grade level when he was in the 4th grade. I got the red flags when they wanted to put my daughter in there but they couldn't because her IQ test was too high, really??? and when her 2nd grade teacher saw you she would turn around and go the other way.. Very disappointed with the whole school Mr. Davis and the staff in front very rude and snotty. Moved my kids to Wilson in Mesa out of district and my son was out of speech class and reading at his level in 6 months.. Gilbert school district is not all what they make of it beware people. I moved to Gilbert just for the schools and now send my kids to Mesa best move I ever made wish I never would have walked into Pioneer all those years ago.. BTW my son is on Honor roll every semester and so is my daughter.. 6th and 4th graders now.. and no IEP class for 2 years.. :)

Posted January 21, 2015
This is our first year as a Pioneer family and so far our experience has been nothing but positive. The office staff have always been helpful, professional and friendly, and the school as a whole has a clean, friendly feel to it. More than anything though, we have been hugely impressed by the dedication of our daughters teacher. Mrs. Collins has done a great job of balancing academics with creativity and fun!

Posted January 20, 2015
We have had children at Pioneer for six years and are continually impressed with the caliber of the teachers and administration. We moved our children from out of state private schools and have been very pleased with both the education and extracurricular activities offered. There are numerous options in the area, and after exploring many of them decided on Pioneer and have never had second thoughts. Five Stars and two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Posted January 15, 2015
We have been at Pioneer for 7 years and feel that it is an excellent school in all areas. The excellence starts at the top and Mr. Davis does a great job creating a community at Pioneer where teachers and parents all want to join with him in his vision for the school. We all feel that sense of community and belonging where everyone cares about making Pioneer a wonderful place for educating & nurturing children. And the kids here all know that Mr. Davis knows them and cares about them. I love that! Having experience with teachers in all grades, ALP, strings and band, and recently the SAFARI program, we have yet to find a teacher here who doesn't place each child and their needs first and do so in a positive way and who doesn't go way beyond what is expected in time and effort. We love Pioneer!

Posted March 05, 2014
This is our first year attending Pioneer Elementary and see that it is a world of a difference from a Chandler school our kids attended the last 5 yrs. First, I want to recognize the teachers for their endless hours at work and their dedication to their classroom and students. From the potted plants outside their classroom to the creativity and organization in the rooms, I am a very happy parent. My kids are excelling and doing much better in school than previously. If attention to a matter is needed to be brought to our attention they didn't wait to tell us about it at conferences but we received a phone call and a solution to fix the matter was put in place. The principal is great as well as the teachers are a reflection of him as he sets goals for each person and ensures the best for all the students. I love the online access we have as parents to know our kids current grades and the email notification on events and reminders as well. I would give 10 stars if they were available!

Posted February 15, 2014
Pioneer Elementary is an excellent school - from the support staff, teachers and Principal there is always a welcoming feeling when you are at Pioneer Elementary. Each classroom is outfitted with a Smart Board and teachers are using this technology to help enhance their lesson plans. It is a very family friendly campus with lots of activities happening all of the time. Want to get involved in your school - Join the PTSO! Getting involved is the best way to participate in your childs education.

Posted February 04, 2014
Pioneer Elementary in Gilbert Az. is a wonderful school with a terrific staff! The education is great too! It is an "A" rated school.

Posted February 02, 2014
Pioneer has been an amazing school since the day I moved my kids over from a Charter school back in 2007. Since I have 4 kids I have noticed that my kids all learn in different ways and struggle in different ways. Pioneer has a staff that cares for each child and their needs. So, my child who is gifted received extra help when he was at Pioneer meeting his needs and on the other hand my child that has struggled with reading has the necessary help to bring him up to speed. The staff and principle know the kids and families and are very involved in the extra curricular activities, which in my opinion helps create a great learning environment and develops a sense of community. I recommend Pioneer for any parent who realizes all kids do not learn the same way but doesn't want to have their kids in multiple schools.

Posted February 02, 2014
Pioneer Elementary School It's a wonderful school with awesome teachers and staff who really love what they do and it shows in all they do.

Pioneer Elementary School
1535 North Greenfield Rd, Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Pioneer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.