Posted February 06, 2014
My children attended Settler's Point Elementary when Lana Moore was principal. I was very impressed with how she handles everyday situations at the school. When there was a problem at the school she thoroughly investigated the matter until it was resolved and the appropriate consequences were given. I feel she treats everyone fairly and with respect.

Settlers Point Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2014
The principal, Lana Moore, is refusing to stop bullying. A fifth grade boy is being physically assaulted every day by a fifth grade girl, a girl who is threatening other students. Principal Moore's only response has been to put the students in seperate classrooms, and threaten expulsion if they speak to each other, a threat she has not carried through on, as the girl is still verbally abusing the boy and other students. Why are the pillars of character and bully policy not being upheld, where is the DCO? What about the agreement all students sign at the beginning of the year? Where is the adult supervision at this school? Pairs of students wandering the playground in green t-shirts is obviously not enough playground supervision.

Posted May 16, 2013
Our family is extremely happy with Settler's Point. All of the teachers that my kids have had have been wonderful and Mrs. Moore provides tremendous leadership. She is involved in every aspect of the school. The PTSO and Dad's Club are extremely active and welcoming and raise a lot of extra funds for the school. The staff are always friendly and helpful. I feel that my children are getting a solid education from teachers and staff who really care about them.

Posted January 18, 2013
Our kids are in 4th grade and 1st grade at Settler's Point. They have had a wonderful transition from a previous Charter School that was not helping our oldest enough with his IEP. Our son is now flourishing in his 4th grade class and has a lot of support with a resource teacher and his main teacher Mr. Nash, who is awesome. More monitoring needs to be done on kids behavior on the bus, but overall it has been a great experience.

Posted August 08, 2011
My daughter had a great 1st grade class and loves school. Settler's Point is a great school.I am very pleased with all the staff and teachers there. So I will also send my twins to kindergarten there.

Posted May 29, 2011
Can anyone give me information or feedback regarding the autism class? I am a parent that just moved from the Tempe School District and has a 7 year old that will need to attend this class, I want make sure I am making the best choice for her.

Posted February 28, 2011
My daughter is in Kindergarten at Settler's Point this year. I really agonized over where to send her to school (charter, private, public) and I am so happy that I chose our neighborhood school for her. Mrs. Moore (principal) is very involved and is always available. We have loved all of the events that are planned for families such as science night, family reading night, movie and restaurant nights. It makes us feel like we are part of a school community. My daughter's teacher (Mrs. Ence) has been great. She has learned so much since August! We are really pleased with this school.

Posted May 25, 2010
We have been with Settlers Point since the 2nd grade and my son has really flourished here. He is 6th grade now and has become so passionate about science, reading and math. We just returned from science camp, which was a fantastic way to end our time at this great school. The principal and teachers are very enthusiastic and really care for these kids. Mrs. Usrey (6th grade) and Mrs. Caperton (ALP - Math/Language) have been awesome. I can't say enough good things. But Thank you!

Posted April 04, 2010

Posted April 01, 2010
I have been part of this school for a long time... my kids have both attended since Kindergarten, one is still in the school and one is now in Junior High. I love Settlers (despite the parent pick-up/drop off disaster... but as long as non-kindergarten parents show up and block the pick up line at 2:30 so the kindergarten parents can't get in and out, it will continue to be a mess). Love, love, love 99% of the teachers. They are truly exceptional. My kids are very different and have very different needs... Settlers takes that into account when matching students to teachers each year so the students' needs can be best met. In eight years I've only seen one truly bad teacher there, and she's gone now. I've heard Gilbert is the best school district in Arizona, I think that makes Settlers the best of the best. And I'm picky!

Settlers Point Elementary School
423 E. Settlers Point Drive, Gilbert, AZ  85296
Last modified Settlers Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Settlers Point Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top