Bad
Good

I LOVE this school! My kids have excelled every year here. The teachers are fantastic and truly care about the kids. My kids have had NO issues with bullying and have formed wonderful friendships. It's amazing to have piece of mind every day when my kids go to school.

My children attended Settler's Point Elementary when Lana Moore was principal. I was very impressed with how she handles everyday situations at the school. When there was a problem at the school she thoroughly investigated the matter until it was resolved and the appropriate consequences were given. I feel she treats everyone fairly and with respect.

The principal, Lana Moore, is refusing to stop bullying. A fifth grade boy is being physically assaulted every day by a fifth grade girl, a girl who is threatening other students. Principal Moore's only response has been to put the students in seperate classrooms, and threaten expulsion if they speak to each other, a threat she has not carried through on, as the girl is still verbally abusing the boy and other students. Why are the pillars of character and bully policy not being upheld, where is the DCO? What about the agreement all students sign at the beginning of the year? Where is the adult supervision at this school? Pairs of students wandering the playground in green t-shirts is obviously not enough playground supervision.

Our family is extremely happy with Settler's Point. All of the teachers that my kids have had have been wonderful and Mrs. Moore provides tremendous leadership. She is involved in every aspect of the school. The PTSO and Dad's Club are extremely active and welcoming and raise a lot of extra funds for the school. The staff are always friendly and helpful. I feel that my children are getting a solid education from teachers and staff who really care about them.

Our kids are in 4th grade and 1st grade at Settler's Point. They have had a wonderful transition from a previous Charter School that was not helping our oldest enough with his IEP. Our son is now flourishing in his 4th grade class and has a lot of support with a resource teacher and his main teacher Mr. Nash, who is awesome. More monitoring needs to be done on kids behavior on the bus, but overall it has been a great experience.

My daughter had a great 1st grade class and loves school. Settler's Point is a great school.I am very pleased with all the staff and teachers there. So I will also send my twins to kindergarten there.

Can anyone give me information or feedback regarding the autism class? I am a parent that just moved from the Tempe School District and has a 7 year old that will need to attend this class, I want make sure I am making the best choice for her.

We have been with Settlers Point since the 2nd grade and my son has really flourished here. He is 6th grade now and has become so passionate about science, reading and math. We just returned from science camp, which was a fantastic way to end our time at this great school. The principal and teachers are very enthusiastic and really care for these kids. Mrs. Usrey (6th grade) and Mrs. Caperton (ALP - Math/Language) have been awesome. I can't say enough good things. But Thank you!

I have been part of this school for a long time... my kids have both attended since Kindergarten, one is still in the school and one is now in Junior High. I love Settlers (despite the parent pick-up/drop off disaster... but as long as non-kindergarten parents show up and block the pick up line at 2:30 so the kindergarten parents can't get in and out, it will continue to be a mess). Love, love, love 99% of the teachers. They are truly exceptional. My kids are very different and have very different needs... Settlers takes that into account when matching students to teachers each year so the students' needs can be best met. In eight years I've only seen one truly bad teacher there, and she's gone now. I've heard Gilbert is the best school district in Arizona, I think that makes Settlers the best of the best. And I'm picky!

I also left Higley District and brought my 3 children to Settler's Point. For the first time in 4 years my oldest daughter said she loves school. Settler's Point has a great staff that truly cares about their students. The support staff is great and great with the kids. I absolutly love how the parents get involved. There is not only an active and supportive PTSO but their is also a Dads club that is wonderful. There are great activities and fundraisers that support the school. Overall my children and I are happy with the school and couldn't ask for anything better.

Last modified Settlers Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.