Gilbert, AZ
Before care: Yes

Sonoma Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted January 27, 2014
I have two kids that go to Sonoma Ranch. One of them started from 1st grade all the way to 6th. The principal is horrible. The office staff even worse. Snooty, caddy, gossiping people don't belong around children. The music teacher, pe teacher (new one), and most of the teachers are great. Mrs. Nelson hates kids and it is not hard to see. The preschool program is an overpriced joke. I am so happy to be moving. The front office needs some testosterone. Way too much estrogen up there, if you know what I mean. Too many girls (not women) with attitude problems. Find another job please. Like I said, most of the teachers are great, but with the poor office staff (even the nurse) being so bad and a terrible principal, the leadership makes the rest not so good.

Sonoma Ranch Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2013
**Id rate this school at 2.5 stars, Im at a 50/50 with this school (unacceptable in my book) and am working towards getting my son out ASAP. Principal Terry is awful, ignorant to say the least.. as other reviewers have said he has no people skills, that is an understatement. I had a returned call from the superintendent of GPS within 7 hours due to Terry's incompetence. My sons inclusive teacher is fantastic, his primary teacher on the other hand I wish I could say the same but unfortunately I can not. I have had emails from her with my sons name spelled 3 different ways, his name is Aden.. how difficult is that? Im assuming she obtained her degree online or at some sub par university. I get other students homework sent home with my sons folder, she has given my son TAP water when I send him to school every day w. a fresh bottle of R.O. water, freshly made lunches have gone to waste, I use mostly organic and was disgusted that she would give my child processed garbage over what I had sent in. Front desk ladies, main one is very nice the unpleasant looking one is well... very unpleasant. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 03, 2013
My children have been going to Sonoma Ranch for years. The teachers help them feel welcome. The school has a very active PTSO that keeps the children engaged in fun activities and supports the school with fundraisers.

Posted August 12, 2011
I went to this school from kindergarten til the 6th grade. Now im a freshman. The teacher's there are the best, the tricks they use to help us i still use to this very day! I rate this school 5 stars! I love and miss you all!

Sonoma Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2010
The office staff is outstanding. The teachers we have had (especially mrs. Munley in music and the former p.E. Teacher) have been super committed and incredible. The principal needs people skills. If our decision rode on him to send our kids to school there or not we would not- but the rest of the staff is so great that we choose to stay.

Sonoma Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2010
I disagree with the comment below Great Special Education Teachers. Do your research before sending your kids to this school if they have special ed needs. We are almost done at Sonoma Ranch for special ed but things have really changed over the last two years. When a principal and school psychologist don t want to be there to help the kids who need it, it is downhill from there. If your child doesn t have special ed needs, the classroom teachers are wonderful and the Sonoma Ranch community is great.

Posted January 22, 2010
We two kids attending SR, we have nothing but kudos.

Sonoma Ranch Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Great Special Education Teachers/Aides.

Posted September 11, 2009

Sonoma Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted June 10, 2009

Sonoma Ranch Elementary School
601 North Key Biscayne, Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Sonoma Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonoma Ranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top