Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

It is a veteran staff who have been very well trained in spotting kiddos who are struggling. The curriculum is amazing and far surpasses any other district or charter school.

Amount of homework: Agree

So far so good! My son got a homework packet once a week and we completed it at his pace.

Develops character: Strongly agree

5 Pillars of Character is taught at the school. The social worker is wonderful too.

I taught in Gilbert Public for a few years and subbed around the district and have worked with other districts as well. Nothing compares to VVL Elementary. I bought my house in the neighborhood just for this school. Because it is an older neighborhood the school population is much smaller than other public schools. My son's kindergarten only had 21 kids and it was wonderful. They have a veteran staff of wonderful teachers who are well trained and work well together. I also LOVE the Fundations reading curriculum. The reading specialist at the school is very well trained and I am impressed by her background. I grew up in the Midwest and this school does have that small town community feel. My kids love going there and I like to say it is a private school feel with no tuition:)

Our daughter is in 4th grade and has been attending VVL since Kindergarten, and her years at this school have been truly exceptional. Having been raised myself in small town Midwest, VVL has the same feel of a small town school grounded in solid core values. Kids are taught more than just academics, with an equal focus on the 'pillars of character' including honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, caring, and generally becoming a decent citizen of the world. The Principal and Staff are stellar, but it is really the involvement of the parents and sense of community that sets this school apart. The PTSO is a veritable brigade of committed parents who are tirelessly fundraising to maintain the various enrichment programs for the school. There is even a Dads Club that host many fun events throughout the year such as Outdoor Movie Nights, School Dance, Fishing Derby, Lego Derby, Sidewalk Chalk Art, D'backs outings, and more. Overall, and great place to raise a child!

VVL has the feel of a small, private school where everyone knows everyone else. Even the crossing guards know all the students. The kids feel safe and protected. Parents and teachers work well together. The fundraising is top notch and brings in the funds needed for music and other programs. My granddaughter loves going to school each day and I am so happy to be helping to raise a second generation of VVL students!

When we moved here from Colorado we were nervous about the school systems. VVL made us feel comfortable and the boys are happy with their school! My husband and I feel confident the boys are learning and being challenged.

I have had nothing but excellent experiences at this school. Both of my children have done well at VVL; and one is on an IEP. There was a great transition to Junior High. Band and Orchestra are outstanding.

I love this school. They have helped my son get caught up after falling behind at another school, helped get him an IEP he needed. The staff are great and friendly too.

this school is wonderful.. teachers are great. my daughter is new this year and teachers and faculty have made us feel so welcome.

Last modified Val Vista Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.