Gilbert, AZ

Posted February 11, 2015
Our daughter is in 4th grade and has been attending VVL since Kindergarten, and her years at this school have been truly exceptional. Having been raised myself in small town Midwest, VVL has the same feel of a small town school grounded in solid core values. Kids are taught more than just academics, with an equal focus on the 'pillars of character' including honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, caring, and generally becoming a decent citizen of the world. The Principal and Staff are stellar, but it is really the involvement of the parents and sense of community that sets this school apart. The PTSO is a veritable brigade of committed parents who are tirelessly fundraising to maintain the various enrichment programs for the school. There is even a Dads Club that host many fun events throughout the year such as Outdoor Movie Nights, School Dance, Fishing Derby, Lego Derby, Sidewalk Chalk Art, D'backs outings, and more. Overall, and great place to raise a child!

Posted March 30, 2014
VVL has the feel of a small, private school where everyone knows everyone else. Even the crossing guards know all the students. The kids feel safe and protected. Parents and teachers work well together. The fundraising is top notch and brings in the funds needed for music and other programs. My granddaughter loves going to school each day and I am so happy to be helping to raise a second generation of VVL students!

Val Vista Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
When we moved here from Colorado we were nervous about the school systems. VVL made us feel comfortable and the boys are happy with their school! My husband and I feel confident the boys are learning and being challenged.

Posted August 30, 2011
I have had nothing but excellent experiences at this school. Both of my children have done well at VVL; and one is on an IEP. There was a great transition to Junior High. Band and Orchestra are outstanding.

Posted April 29, 2010
I love this school. They have helped my son get caught up after falling behind at another school, helped get him an IEP he needed. The staff are great and friendly too.

Posted August 07, 2008
this school is wonderful.. teachers are great. my daughter is new this year and teachers and faculty have made us feel so welcome.

Posted July 22, 2007
I'm going to Junior High now, but I was at Val Vista Lakes for eight whole years and they were all fantastic ones. All of my teachers, my principal, and everyone else were terrific! Thank you all for eight awsome and educational years together!

Val Vista Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted July 15, 2007
My daughter has been at VVL for 3 full years now, the school as a team has been acceptable or slightly above average in regards to general curriculum and learning. I must say in regards to parent involvement it is too obvious that the 'groupie' parents that run around thinking they make all the difference there are in it for their own personal social reasons. It is unfortunate that some of these individuals set set such a poor example for the environment at the school, and for the school at other places in the VVL community. Art and music programs are disappointing, don't get me wrong the kids are fantastic, and incredibly talented but have so much more to offer than the music and visual arts programs can provide. Moving on to Jr High this year and ready for a real challenge.

Posted May 13, 2007
We love VVL. I am very impressed at the amount of learning that happens during the day - I don't know how the teachers are able to fit it all in, but they do! Parent involvement revolves around a core group of women who obviously care a great deal and have bounds of energy! I think the Principal is a fantastic woman ,I would like to see her be more progressive - push the envelope, take a risk and take VVL to a higher level.

Posted June 28, 2006
We love VVL! The entire staff, including the office and all the staff that help in the classrooms and the playground are wonderful. We felt they really cared about our kids, to keep them safe, learn to the best of their ability, and have fun. We always felt welcome and the principal was very accessable and more than willing to go the extra mile. I can't imagine having my children go anywhere else. Thank you Mrs. Apel for creating such a wonderful environment for my kids!!!!!

Val Vista Lakes Elementary School
1030 North Blue Grotto, Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Val Vista Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Val Vista Lakes Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top