Bad
Good

My son is in his 3rd year at Coronado and we love it there! He has had wonderfully caring and passionate teachers who have taught him to love learning. The staff has always been helpful and supportive and have always answered questions and concerns for us. The school has a great sense of community and school spirit, my son always loves when we attend school events and always has a blast! Keep up the great work Coronado! Go Coyotes!!

It's an ok school. Very active pto board. Did have a very lazy teacher last year that had very horrible communication skills and wouldn't every give me info unless I made a point to make a meeting time. I would say she's not a fit teacher mentally. This new year so far one of my kids ended up with another teacher like that and it's driving me insane! My oldest child so far has a fabulous teacher. I just do not like the fact that they are willing to hold third graders back this year if they don't pass the spring testing. Very dumb if you ask me. How many times do people have to hear that not all kids test the same.

I have 3 children in Coronado. Kinder, 4th and 6th. One who is hyperactive, one learning disabled and one over achiever. The administration does an excellent job of seeing the teachers are trained properly to deal with each students need. My kids have shown growth and success at Coronado. I had a bullying issue with one child and it was immediately dealt with by staff. There have been no issues since. Good test score and teachers that do a lot of teaching toward kinesthetic learners. I do have to say there are too many overly vocal parents at the school. Good neighborhood with a lot of stay at home parents that get involved where they should not. Many have minor issues that they will constantly turn into huge complaints. Most of the complaints are heard at the school and at the board meetings. When their way is not given to them, they leave and trash the school. Most of the neighborhood and parents are very happy with the school and administration. I myself would not have my kids go anywhere else. Very happy with this school.

My children have gone to Coronado for 3 years and we have had nothing but positive results. They have shown growth and are respectful, responsible children because of the teaching staff and administration.No school or district will ever be perfect when our kids are involved.However,shame on the parents that decided to put in negative reviews because of personal vendettas.CPS should be called if a teacher fears for a student,good for them for being diligent in their student s wellbeing.I have friends who met while teaching at the same school and married. Why complain about adults having adult lives?AIMS tests being retaken is just a silly thing to print.AIMS is state regulated and mandated. If your statement was valid the school would have under gone some major investigating and many people would have been let go.AIMS tests are allowed to be made up if a student missed testing for any reason.Most parents in the community are pleased with the administration.She is respected as someone who is truthful.People that don t enjoy hearing the facts will be unhappy.People that are raising their children to be productive members of society will do well in this environment.

Principal has NO leadership skills. Teachers DO NOT respect her or listen to her! The Security in this place is a JOKE!!! Have called or gone into front office more than you would like to know to inform them that there are unlocked doors and wide open gates for any psycho to walk right on in. I have sent family members in from out of town to pick up my children and the front office staff that know me let my children go with out checking identification!!! NO questions asked.....they let my children go with them and these people were NOT on my list of people that were permitted to check my children out!!! The teachers let kids re-take tests to benefit them.....including AIMS!!! Horribly ran school! we are outta here!!!

this is an avreage school. I have been attending this scholl for 3 years. i am now a 8th grader and i think this school could do better. the middle school kids are around the k-6 kids and therre is alotof kids the 8th grade lost one of there teacers becuase of the lack of students. there are middle schools are being built so this wont be a problem. great teachers and staff but it takes time cuase new people have a harder time in the front office becuase there new. THERE IS ALOT OF MORMAN RELIGOUS KIDS AND FAMILYS at this school, there really nice though. But the pricapal is not the best I dont like her to say but some people do. I am head of student council and she is always telling us what we can nd cant do so we wast our time trying to hav fun at he school.But the asst. pricapal is awsome she deals with all the problems. But this is a hatelove relation ship kind of school Ps. also the 8th grade teachers are amazing!! La- is so fun Math- is interactive and fun to be in scence- is awsome becuase you work on your pace if your slow or fast ++ the school just got Ipads for 8th grade math and science programs and as well as the 7th grade math programs So this a modern school 2012-3

Horrible school!!! My son was physically bullied and the teacher refused to do anything because it didn't happen INSIDE the classroom. My daughter was sexually harrassed by another student and the v.principle didn't inform us. In fact, she denied my daughter telling her. We called the district 4 times and we were told they would call us and never did. One person told us we had to write a form online before anyone would call us. No one took the situation seriously. On top of all this, my daughter has ADD and the teachers took her behavior and learning skills personally despite how much we tried working with them. It has been the worst school my kids have ever gone to and from the sound of many parents I spoken to, many of us are not happy with the staff despite the few that write in to say they love it.

I totally agree with the person who posted on Feb 19, 2012. I had a child there a few months ago and had the exact same experience. Bullying and a predominant religion. My child wants nothing to do with this religion because of the bullying endured from these children. Staff is either oblivious or condone this sort of behavior. Either way, not good.

My three kids have attended Coronado for 8 years. Some of the things I like about the school are quality teachers, warm and friendly enviornment and I know my kids feel safe cared for.I love Parent View and use it weekly to check grades. My kids have been involved in tutoring,after school sports, and enrichments classes such as dance and chess. Any issues I might have had have been handled in a professional,courteous and timely manner. I am proud of Coronado and would recomend it to anyone.

We are new to the area and enrolled our kids at Coronado. We met with the Principal on our first day, we loved her! Our kids are being taught well and are doing great on taking tests. The middle school teachers are experienced and have great classroom management . The office staff is very friendly and have helped us tremendously. Our kids have been welcomed and made many new friends. The school has a great program called Rachel's Challenge, which is an anti- bullying club. We love the K-8 model! The older grades buddy with the younger grades for learning and spirit activities. I love that my middle schoolers are not in a junior high were they would be subject to the same kind of issues as a high school. I absolutely LOVE this school!

Last modified Coronado Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.