No rating

Heritage Christian Academy

Private | PK-8

Living in Gilbert

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $170,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,060.

Posted August 16, 2013

We absolutely love Heritage Christian Academy. We have four kids and two of them have attended the preschool with two more waiting their turn. We were so excited to hear that they were opening a kindergarten this year. Meaning, next year our oldest will be able to attend their kindergarten program. I am already hearing great things about the teacher. If you are looking, you can stop here.

Posted February 24, 2010

This is our first year at Heritage, and we couldn't be happier with it! The teachers are awesome, the Principal is friendly and very knowledgeable. I would and do recommend this school to everyone in the East Valley! I only wish I had found it sooner!

Posted June 8, 2009

We love Heritage Christian Academy -- our child attended for pre-K and the program gave an excellent foundation for Kindergarten. Due to tuition, we did not stay at Heritage, but we would give highest recommendations to the preschol. Flexible hours for working parents, wonderful, caring teachers in a Christian environment. What a blessing that we found HCA! Ms. Angela was an angel for our child.

Posted April 20, 2009

My son is just completing pre-k4 and we are very pleased with it. The hours are very convenient, plus the Bible based teaching goes a long way to reinforce what is being taught at home and in our church. We do not attend their church and havr never been pressured to attend it. My son's teacher is excellent, communication was excellent whenever there were any issues at school. I also like the discipline aspect, looking forward to starting kindergarten with them. One thing that could improve, the front desk staff could be a bit more pleasant in the early morning drop off period.

Posted April 5, 2009

Both of my children have attended Heritage, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good Christian school. There is a new Principal now, who is knowledgeable and personable. They also added new clubs, which my kids are very excited about. I am not sure that they need a junior high, which they are trying to start again, but the preschool and elementary parts are great. One of the downsides to a small school is the amount of gossip. If only the parents in the parking lot were as Christ-centered as the school and church, Heritage would have it all.

Posted March 11, 2009

My child loves to go to Heritage. She looks foward to school everyday and she always has something new to talk about when she somes home. The administration is very friendly and helpful. The director is always willing to listen to your concerns. They just added a bunch of new extra curricular activities for the next school year. They also have a couple of tuition assistiance programs that really help out. The small enviroment is great because I know that my child is getting one on one attention and not just getting lost in the crowd like at a public school. My daughter's social skills have improved since attending Heritage and I will definitely keep my child enrolled there.

Posted April 6, 2008

Heritage has an exceptional academic learning environment. My child has attended there for six years and loves it. Most all the teachers are GREAT and truly love teaching the children. The only downside to this school is the size. It's gets smaller as the grades get higher which creates a very small social environment. Also, being a small school ends up leading to parents trying to run it a bit. Give the teachers and faulty your support and communicate with them, good or bad, and things will go very well at Heritage. I'd do it all again.

Posted April 5, 2008

My kids attended heritage for years. The administration is very disappointing. They do not listen at all. The principal looks depressed all of the time and does not interact with parents or students well at all (never smiles). If you do not belong to their church you are treated like an outcast and consistently asked to join. They take no responsibility in security and when asked about it they can never give an answer. They have only done 2 fire drills in two years. The administration is close-minded and does not listen to complaints or outside ideas. Most of the teachers are great, with a few exceptions. The curriculum is good and my kids have done well.

Posted February 19, 2008

This school has a lot of potential. The facilities are very nice. It's just stuck by the family owned Admin. They are more interested in their Baptist Church than the school. They get great teachers but then push them out because they dont want to be part of their church. If they get qualified people at the top it could really grow. The east valley needs quality Christian schools.

Posted September 17, 2007

this could be an excellent school with better equipped people in charge.also they expect the teacher only to go to their church which is attached and that isn't right in my opinion. The principal/administrator is not a people person. There is little compassion for a christian school and The older grades are the main issue and the younger grades seem to be much better. I don't sense that they value or respect or treat their teachers well either which is a real problem for me since it is a christian school afterall. I would look elsewere for a different school if i were you.the parental involvenmetn is Zippo..no parent teacher groups, or anything. they don't communicate well with the parents in my opinion.

Posted June 5, 2007

We attended HCA for 3 years. Our child is above-average academically and we credit his Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade teachers for this. However, if your child is not perfectly behaved, this is not the place for you. They have a zero-tolerance policy regardless of whether or not you are working through situations with your child. This resulted in our having to leave the school and no closure for our child after 3 years of friendships and connection with the school. The Christian foundation we received was excellent and that will be our saving grace when facing the challenges of a public school.

Posted May 4, 2007

Fabulous preschool definitely recommend. The teachers are wonderful and a blessing to the kids. Elementary school teachers are equally as great and truly love the children and teaching them. My experience with the elementary school administration is that they do not communicate with parents and they do not encourage or welcome parental involvement directly in the classroom. Big disappointment. I am also disappointed with the security on the campus. I feel that unmonitored access by adults is not as strictly guarded as I would have like it to be. The Christian education at HCA is wonderful and has been a blessing for my children.

Posted February 28, 2007

Heritage has very strict behavioral guidelines for the children, which helps prevent things like bullying etc. which you may see in public school. The principal is not parent friendly and you must make sure your child gets a good teacher. The Jr. High program is ok, but very small in class size and the teachers allow to much 'rework' of poor grades. Overall, Heritage misses the mark due to balking at parent involvement, poor aftercare program and poor leadership. Thank God for the excellent teachers..they are the only saving grace.

Posted August 23, 2006

Heritage offers excellent academics, limited extra curricular activities and strict behavioral expectations, which really helps the children increase self esteem. Parent involvement is not encouraged though, which can be a bit troubling. Parents can help out with extra things, like serving hot lunches or helping with parties..but they are not permitted in the classroom and the school does not foster communication between parents whatsoever. That aside, I would highly recommend this school to parents looking for a high quality education.

Posted April 20, 2006

Bravo to this school! Both my children attended both years of pre-school here and the school is just amazing. They're focused, organized and dedicated to the children. My kids learned so much about the bible and they left pre-school miles ahead of the public system!

Posted April 2, 2006

They are an excellent school for academics and a healthy environment. Very sound and safe, I would recommend this school to everyone who sincerely cares about their child's education. The music is optional but it involves an expense. Extracurricular activities are at a cost out of pocket. Parent involvement is encouraged.

Posted March 29, 2006

My child attends preschool here and I have to say I am extremely impressed with the curriculum. The classrooms are a bit small. She is already starting to read and write.

Posted March 5, 2006

Love this school! Worth the money! Great teachers! No problems what so ever. My child got a very advanced cirricullium and my child learned more there than I could ever imagine.

Posted February 16, 2006

Very Academic and structured school. My child has learned a great deal of stuff but it isn't for anyone. If your child doesn't do well with strict academics then rethink your decision.

Posted December 31, 2005

RE: Preschool (pre-K) Great Security. They foster parent involvement. Very personable teachers.

Asian 14% N/A
Two or more races 2% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious