Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The registrar was beyond rude and lazy. If this is any indication of how the school is run, i am terrified.

Not a good school overall. From the overall unhappy staff, terrible and rude administration, and awful arts department (especially drama club/acting classes), this is not a school I recommend anyone attend.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

they are underpaid and understaffed and really unhappy. They don't have supplies or even a Janitor to clean the rooms.

Develops character: Disagree

If you belong to the same church than you will be fine. Otherwise you will be made to feel like and outsider.

Higley Unified has two High Schools. 1) Williams Field, which is more focused on sports & 2) Higley, which has an acedemic focus. Higley does have decent sports over all, however they've never beaten Williams Field in football, so they get a bad rep which they really don't deserve. Overall, Higley High provides well-rounded high school experience for my son. There's good extra-curriculars, a strong learning environment, and plenty of tutoring and after school help oppurtunities. Everyone there seems to actually care about the students, and they care a lot about each other. Even though Higley doesn't have the sports Williams Field does, it is a much better fit for your average kid who is looking for a strong High School experience with plenty of oppurtunities.

I do admit the school is really bad with cliques, but it helps if your in a club or sport. One of the teachers doesnt even teach! They just use a PowerPoint another teaher made and just reads off the info. They hired like a lot of new math teachers to improve our learning. One of the algebra 3-4 teachers is so bad that the majority of the class failed first semester. Their solution is to switch all the good students into her class and the ones who failed into the good teachers class and do a two block class(2periods back-to-back)which lets them do 1st semester over and then the next period learn 2nd semester material. The counselors are horrible. They don't know what their talking about, they dont have a clue whats even happening in their own school. We do have some amazing teachers who actually care about our learning and will make themselves available at any time to help. Our sports are fantastic and our clubs are pretty diversified and they're all a ton of fun. My advice is that they get new counselors and then actually pay attention and see what classes a majority of the kids are failing in and bring some in and ask them whats up.

In all Honesty, Higley Highschool is the worst school I have ever attended. I have attended Higley Highschool my Freshman and Sophomore year, and am now attending my Junior year at ASU Prep. One of thousands of problems I've had at Higley are the rude teachers, whenever you'd ask a simple question that you didn't get they'd always find a reason to pick on you or say "its your fault for not listening". The other thing was the school lunches, they'd be more than 45 minutes long and the lunches are terrible, not only that, but the school would have food fights at least 2-3 times a year. Another thing is the lack of school materials, we barely have enough paper to last for a full year, in fact we barely have enough paper at all, some teachers have to buy their own paper. And finally the biggest problem, is the school administration, literally EVERYONE complains about the school administration, this year before I transferred to ASU Prep over the summer, instead of using their extra money on school supplies for the teachers, they spent it on building safety for the Admin Office, what about the students? Did they ever think of the back gate that is always open during school hours?

they clam we are an A+ school! our administration stinks. they just spent a ton of money to rebuild the front office for more safety of the front desk staff. its ridiculous! i have to walk into class and here the teachers complain about not having money for paper. all of my teachers have openly admitted that the administration sucks. my classmates and i just sit there and wonder why the teachers dont do anything. they spent all that money to keep staff safe and not students. did we get any new safety features? no. in all honesty with whats been going on in schools is horrible and i dont feel safe in mine. the back gates are always open and the security gards never question who comes in or out. as long as you have a backpack your good to go. that scares me. i would kindly call most of the administration stuck up princesses. they all wear 5 inch heals and non teacher appropriate clothing. its acuatly very disgusting to see. i feel they are selfish especially with the front office issue. dont go here incoming freshman. save yourselves

Higley administration is TERRIBLE. They never ever call you back even when the VP says he will call you back in 1-2 days. For the rest of us with real jobs we would be fired if we acted like this. Dealt with them for 6 months for two students, coming from out of state. Go somewhere else, anywhere. Heck you will have to just to get anything accomplished.

My son attended Higley High as a new student during the 3rd quarter of 2014 school year. Parents beware of the bullying environment and students at this school who don't welcome an outsider. My son was constantly taunted by students to a point that we had to withdraw him. He has also informed us of a group of boys that walk home daily into the large neighborhood that is south east of the school that would grab him and punch him on his walk home from school. As a parent this disturbs me to a point of wondering where are we headed in the future with students that portray these types of characteristics. These groups of students don't welcome others who are not part of their religious affiliation. As a middle school teacher I'm honestly seeing that a majority of the students in our classrooms would rather be on there cell phones or hanging out with friends. Students are disrespectful to teachers daily and other students who want an education suffer due to their attention seeking behaviors. My advice is be very careful when you choose a school to place your students in; better yet think about some of the high quality charter schools that are around the area.

Last modified Higley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.