9-12 & Ungraded
Gilbert, AZ

Posted August 15, 2014
In all Honesty, Higley Highschool is the worst school I have ever attended. I have attended Higley Highschool my Freshman and Sophomore year, and am now attending my Junior year at ASU Prep. One of thousands of problems I've had at Higley are the rude teachers, whenever you'd ask a simple question that you didn't get they'd always find a reason to pick on you or say "its your fault for not listening". The other thing was the school lunches, they'd be more than 45 minutes long and the lunches are terrible, not only that, but the school would have food fights at least 2-3 times a year. Another thing is the lack of school materials, we barely have enough paper to last for a full year, in fact we barely have enough paper at all, some teachers have to buy their own paper. And finally the biggest problem, is the school administration, literally EVERYONE complains about the school administration, this year before I transferred to ASU Prep over the summer, instead of using their extra money on school supplies for the teachers, they spent it on building safety for the Admin Office, what about the students? Did they ever think of the back gate that is always open during school hours?

Posted August 13, 2014
they clam we are an A+ school! our administration stinks. they just spent a ton of money to rebuild the front office for more safety of the front desk staff. its ridiculous! i have to walk into class and here the teachers complain about not having money for paper. all of my teachers have openly admitted that the administration sucks. my classmates and i just sit there and wonder why the teachers dont do anything. they spent all that money to keep staff safe and not students. did we get any new safety features? no. in all honesty with whats been going on in schools is horrible and i dont feel safe in mine. the back gates are always open and the security gards never question who comes in or out. as long as you have a backpack your good to go. that scares me. i would kindly call most of the administration stuck up princesses. they all wear 5 inch heals and non teacher appropriate clothing. its acuatly very disgusting to see. i feel they are selfish especially with the front office issue. dont go here incoming freshman. save yourselves

Posted April 10, 2014
Higley administration is TERRIBLE. They never ever call you back even when the VP says he will call you back in 1-2 days. For the rest of us with real jobs we would be fired if we acted like this. Dealt with them for 6 months for two students, coming from out of state. Go somewhere else, anywhere. Heck you will have to just to get anything accomplished.

Posted March 15, 2014
My son attended Higley High as a new student during the 3rd quarter of 2014 school year. Parents beware of the bullying environment and students at this school who don't welcome an outsider. My son was constantly taunted by students to a point that we had to withdraw him. He has also informed us of a group of boys that walk home daily into the large neighborhood that is south east of the school that would grab him and punch him on his walk home from school. As a parent this disturbs me to a point of wondering where are we headed in the future with students that portray these types of characteristics. These groups of students don't welcome others who are not part of their religious affiliation. As a middle school teacher I'm honestly seeing that a majority of the students in our classrooms would rather be on there cell phones or hanging out with friends. Students are disrespectful to teachers daily and other students who want an education suffer due to their attention seeking behaviors. My advice is be very careful when you choose a school to place your students in; better yet think about some of the high quality charter schools that are around the area.

Higley High School 2

Posted October 02, 2011
There are a lot of bad teachers in this school. But there are mostly bad teachers. like there are teachers that don't teach and they give you homework with questions that you don't even know because the teacher didn t teach you that stuff and expect you to do it on your own. And when you ask that teacher about it they say that you should know the stuff already and didn t help you out, and so you failed that class along with everyone else. And this school seems like that care more about sports then everything else. There are cliques everywhere and you see kids making out around campus. Everyone here looks the same like they always wear really short shorts and wear a lot of makeup and wear really thin spaghetti straps and the teachers don t even do anything about it. They act like they re cooler than everyone else and always hang out in a group and doesn t let anyone else join.

Higley High School 2

Posted June 29, 2011
This school is a joke, to put it lightly. I have never experienced such unorganization. I attended Higley High School for my Freshman and Sophomore year, and have been in the Higley School district since 1st Grade. STAY AWAY from HUSD at all costs; my experiences have been nothing but misery. Higley High School has awful, and seemingly uneducated admin. My parents have had enough of the shenanigans, as have I. Save yourself the uncleanliness, disgusting food, unhelpful teachers and lack of motivation. I absolutely detest this school and would I advise you to look else where for an education for your kid.

Posted March 27, 2011
Im a freshman at Higley and it is awesome!!!! the upperclassman dont pick on us and there is no such thing as "FRESHMAN FRIDAY". they just mad it up. GO HIGLEY KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 12, 2010
I am a freshmen at higley high and so far it has been amazing (: its such a great school!! everybody is always nice and the upper classmen dont tease or pick on us. they help us grow as a good school (: i rate higley high school a 5 because we do have good leadership and we will always be there for when people need help!! (: stay cool higley knights!! (: YOU WISH YOU WERE A HIGLEY KNIGHT WHAT!! WHAT!! (: GO KNIGHTS!!

Posted October 07, 2010
Parents beware!! Very low standard of leadership at this school, instead doing what is right for the children they are more worried about covering the basics. They have rules for the students that the leaders of the school do not follow.

Posted June 20, 2010
As a student, I feel I am honestly given every opportunity to succeed at Higley High. Now going into my senior year, I have witnessed many changes to Higley over the years and I must say that they've all been GREAT! We have an amazing principal who is often seen around campus and who makes weekly visits to every class on campus. Our teachers are simply wonderful and inspiring. Though we may not be able to offer as many classes as bigger schools can, I'll take QUALITY over QUANTITY any day. Go Knights!

Higley High School
4068 East Pecos Road, Gilbert, AZ  85296
Last modified Higley High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Higley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top