Posted July 24, 2014
My daughter is doing very well at this school. Her 3rd grader teacher was fresh out of college, but did a great job. She likes her teachers, has made many friends, and feels comfortable and safe here. The workload is challenging but reasonable.

Posted September 20, 2013
My family recently moved to OH. We were worried that our children wouldn't be at the same level as the other children in their new school (since AZ schools don't rank well amongst other states). I am very happy to report that San Tan completely had them prepared. They are both doing extremely well and are even testing at a higher level in most areas. I attribute it to the staff at San Tan and the commitment that they all give to the kids. I also want to let the PTO know that they do an awesome job at San Tan. The PTO at our new school doesn't even compare. Thanks San Tan!

Posted August 01, 2013
I am very happy with San Tan Elementary. I have three children attending the school and I am impressed with "most" of the teachers they have had. I do realize all teachers are different and probably will not like all of my children's teachers. I have had great communication from many of the teachers. Depending on the grade we got newsletters weekly or monthly (with weekly updates). We received emails when our 6th grader was falling behind in one class (all four of her teachers offered to help her through tutoring). I am glad my children attend San Tan.

San Tan Elementary School 1

Posted July 29, 2013
Our childrens' experience at this school was dismal. Teacher communication was almost non-existent and turnover was high. The atmosphere among parents was one of discord and competition. We were glad to have other school choices in our community.

Posted October 24, 2012
2012-2103 school year is off to a great start! The amazing staff at San Tan are working harder than ever. As a parent I truly appreciate the endless hours of training, the supportive administration and the abundance of helpful teachers. From the amazing Mrs. Potter in the front office to the wonderful cafeteria manager, Connie, everyone is on the same path this year! Rock on San Tan!

Posted May 08, 2012
We love San tan and all of the staff!!! I cant wait to see what next year brings!

Posted February 29, 2012
I have been very pleased with this school. The teachers us every means of communication to make sure we are prepared to help our kids. Email, phone, newsletters and school website. They also tailor their program to the kids needs, and do everything they can to enhance the kids learning ability as best suits the child. My only complaint is the amount of fundraisers that the school is involved in. We have done at least 2 fundraisers a MONTH this year, sometimes more. The pressure put on the parents at such an early agie is somewhat ridiculous. I can understand some fundraisers, but as a working Mom, I find it difficult to participate, and my kids seem to feel very pressured by this to outperform their friends. I don't think this is a good practice when my kids are in Kindergarten and 2nd grade. Overall, if I were to recommend the school, Hands down, I would tell anyone to move into the area! The surrounding neighborhood is the most child friendly area we have ever lived, and since we are military, that says alot about this area and the school! Good luck in your school searches!

Posted December 01, 2011
I have two children at this school. They both are receiving a great education. It concerns me that teachers are getting let go. I received an email today that there will be a new principal effective 12/5. What is happening with the teachers and staff at this school? None of the teachers will talk about what is going on. The district is not talking either...

Posted November 30, 2011
I would like to comment on the most recent post below dated 11/28/2011. San Tan does have great teachers in all grades and they have worked hard to get there. Truth IS that Dr. Alva has managed to push the staff to become one of the best schools in AZ, he is a very intelligent man and has a demanding position at San Tan but also within the district! HOWEVER going to the extreme to say that there is flirting in the office, NO !!! Never have I seen any such type of behavior as much as I am in the school. What I do SEE and HEAR is front office staff communicating with parents. Every parent is different and has different needs for them and their children. The front office staff deals with a wide variety of parent issues and these ladies work with parents to meet each of their needs. Would I call this flirting, absolutely not! They show attention, sympathy, assistence, laughter, support and comfort. As a parent you want admirable service as you walk in the door. Parent below why don't you look up the definition of what FLIRTING really means!! Parent why don't you get a job behind the desk of an office staff member and open your eyes to what office staff and administration faces

San Tan Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2011
I have also read many of the comments. I got on here to see if there was any clue as to why several teachers are leaving San Tan. Two of the teachers that left had huge impacts on our children's lives. They were truly amazing teachers. Have the 'numbers' become more important than the children I wonder? Has the new principal caused the good teachers to leave? If it is about the "numbers", why have first grade teachers left? They don't do AIMS, correct? I worry that without the strong teachers in the lower grades, who have the patience and intelligence to teach our kids how to read, our numbers are going to decrease.

San Tan Elementary School
3443 E. Calistoga, Gilbert, AZ  85297
Last modified San Tan Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Tan Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. Top