Posted March 06, 2014
If you re looking for a Multi Cultural Christian charter school, LEA in Gilbert is great! Pros smaller size classes, more focus and less distractions for the kids, teacher more available to provide one on one support with kids that struggle in a certain subject, teaching methods more flexible, learning/behavior problems are more visible and corrected accordingly, friendly, loving, and involved principle, staff, and volunteers, Common Core Standards, good amount of homework, good amount of field trips, free tutor assistance etc. Cons no playground, needs more after school programs. Overall, LEA has exactly what I am looking for and I THANK GOD for this incredible place. From the parents of 2 EVERYTHING IS AWESOME kids who are going on their 3rd year with LEA (Both straight A students). God is Good!

Posted October 21, 2013
I LOVE this school. My kids are never enjoyed school but this year, they love it. The teachers are all really great and have excelled in creating a learning environment that really challenges yet encourages my kids. The teachers are great with communication and keeping me on the same page with my student. I cannot say enough about this school. We're really happy to have found Leading Edge.

Posted August 17, 2013
This twice about sending your children to this school. The teachers, staff and principal are amanzing, but the district office cares more about money than they do the education of our children. The fired 4 staff members 2 weeks after school began. this included the ONLY Kindergarten teacher they had, 1 staff member, and 2 other teachers. They schuffled all of the teachers around to different classrooms, and even combined 1st and 2nd grade so they didnt have to pay for the teachers they already had scheduled into their budget. They are non-responisive regarding the parents' concerns and only care about the money.

Posted April 17, 2011
My three kids attended Leading Edge in Gilbert for the first time this school year. I have a K, 1st and 2nd grader. I found the teachers to be outstanding, they They have smaller classes sizes and communicate well with parents to help the kids achieve their highest potential. They use Spalding for their reading, writing and spelling curriculum which is an excellent phonics program. It has a family like atmosphere where the teachers seem to genuinely care for the kids.

Posted February 15, 2011
Ran into an on going issue with the teacher CONSTANTLY punishing the entire class for a couple kids bad behavior. Tried talking to both the principal and the teacher and nothing was done or even acknowledged in changing the way the discipline was being administered. My child was constantly frustrated and upset. No encouragement and no help with subjects. No thanks!

Posted January 26, 2011
Leading Edge is the best school I have ever been at. The teachers go above and beyond to help us thrive. They also build relationships with us and get to know us so they can see what we need to succeed. All the students get along great.

Posted October 06, 2010
This is my son's first year at LEA and i am very unhappy. From the beginning I had small issues here and there. They claim to be big on commuincation and character but the staff has no character and the communication is HORRIBLE. I recently 10/05/2010 pulled my child from the school and had the police called on my during the process. On 10/04/2010 My child was not allowed to leave school grounds because of the rain and yet noone called me. Ny son asked to call home and the office staff claimed that they had already called and they spoke to me. Long story cut short, it was determined that noone called me, but they did call some other parent to pick up my child based on the fact they didn't even know who my child was! Who is Peter? Not my son!

Leading Edge Academy Gilbert 4

Posted October 21, 2009
Three of our five children attend or have attended Leading Edge Academy. We moved our children from large public schools and must admit that there was a bit of culture shock that had to be overcome. We have had very positive experiences with all staff members, administrators and educators. Parents need to be prepared to be more involved with the education process at LEA... There is a good amount of homework and expectations are high. High expectations result in kids who surpass expectations. School is supposed to develop the mind of a child this school does exactly that... Check out the state records on performance... You will consistently see LEA at the top of every category.

Posted October 17, 2009
This is my son's first year at Leading Edge Academy. When I moved to Gilbert I went to four different schools to find out which one I wanted my son to attend. Both my son and I were drawn to Leading Edge Academy. The principal gave us a tour and a description of the school. The student teacher ratio is awesome. My son is in Kindergarten this year and there are only 13 students in his class! The Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Lawson is fantastic with children. She has a master s degree in education and truly loves working with kindergarteners. Parent involvement is highly encouraged. Positive behavior is encouraged with positive reinforcement. One of the primary things emphasized within the school is good character. My son loves being rewarded for being nice to his friends, cleaning up after himself, and following directions. Most importantly, my son LOVES going to school!!!

Posted July 28, 2009

Leading Edge Academy Gilbert
415 N. Gilbert Road, Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Leading Edge Academy Gilbert is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leading Edge Academy Gilbert Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top