Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 19, 2016
1ST AND 2ND Grade teachers Mrs Krueger and Avery are excellent teachers with love and care for each student. They put in the time to find ways to help each little person succeed. I am so grateful!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 19, 2016
Character counts program excels as students are caught doing things that show good character! Monthly awards are given out at a big school assembly to honor the actions.

Posted April 19, 2016
The extra care and excellence in academics is so appreciated! Our 2nd grader is ADHD and his teacher Mrs. Krueger and last year Mrs. Avery have created systems to help him focus and cool off when needed. Mrs. Anderson a gifted principal is always ready to help personally with understanding and backup of special needs staff. We are so grateful for such a wonderful loving staff. The cultural mix is refreshing with total acceptance of differences and no cliques..

Posted March 06, 2014
If you re looking for a Multi Cultural Christian charter school, LEA in Gilbert is great! Pros smaller size classes, more focus and less distractions for the kids, teacher more available to provide one on one support with kids that struggle in a certain subject, teaching methods more flexible, learning/behavior problems are more visible and corrected accordingly, friendly, loving, and involved principle, staff, and volunteers, Common Core Standards, good amount of homework, good amount of field trips, free tutor assistance etc. Cons no playground, needs more after school programs. Overall, LEA has exactly what I am looking for and I THANK GOD for this incredible place. From the parents of 2 EVERYTHING IS AWESOME kids who are going on their 3rd year with LEA (Both straight A students). God is Good!

Posted October 21, 2013
I LOVE this school. My kids are never enjoyed school but this year, they love it. The teachers are all really great and have excelled in creating a learning environment that really challenges yet encourages my kids. The teachers are great with communication and keeping me on the same page with my student. I cannot say enough about this school. We're really happy to have found Leading Edge.

Posted August 17, 2013
This twice about sending your children to this school. The teachers, staff and principal are amanzing, but the district office cares more about money than they do the education of our children. The fired 4 staff members 2 weeks after school began. this included the ONLY Kindergarten teacher they had, 1 staff member, and 2 other teachers. They schuffled all of the teachers around to different classrooms, and even combined 1st and 2nd grade so they didnt have to pay for the teachers they already had scheduled into their budget. They are non-responisive regarding the parents' concerns and only care about the money.

Posted April 17, 2011
My three kids attended Leading Edge in Gilbert for the first time this school year. I have a K, 1st and 2nd grader. I found the teachers to be outstanding, they They have smaller classes sizes and communicate well with parents to help the kids achieve their highest potential. They use Spalding for their reading, writing and spelling curriculum which is an excellent phonics program. It has a family like atmosphere where the teachers seem to genuinely care for the kids.

Posted February 15, 2011
Ran into an on going issue with the teacher CONSTANTLY punishing the entire class for a couple kids bad behavior. Tried talking to both the principal and the teacher and nothing was done or even acknowledged in changing the way the discipline was being administered. My child was constantly frustrated and upset. No encouragement and no help with subjects. No thanks!

Posted January 26, 2011
Leading Edge is the best school I have ever been at. The teachers go above and beyond to help us thrive. They also build relationships with us and get to know us so they can see what we need to succeed. All the students get along great.

Posted October 06, 2010
This is my son's first year at LEA and i am very unhappy. From the beginning I had small issues here and there. They claim to be big on commuincation and character but the staff has no character and the communication is HORRIBLE. I recently 10/05/2010 pulled my child from the school and had the police called on my during the process. On 10/04/2010 My child was not allowed to leave school grounds because of the rain and yet noone called me. Ny son asked to call home and the office staff claimed that they had already called and they spoke to me. Long story cut short, it was determined that noone called me, but they did call some other parent to pick up my child based on the fact they didn't even know who my child was! Who is Peter? Not my son!

415 N. Gilbert Road, Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Leading Edge Academy Gilbert is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.