Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

When I had issues with this it was dealt with swiftly and appropriately

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I have always had leadership respond in a timely manner to me

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is a strength of this school. It is all about character and teaching that to kids

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Great teachers, very loving and have high standards for the students

Amount of homework: Agree

They give an appropriate amount. It is manageable

For all those reading reviews, this school has changed a lot since 2014 when they moved to their new building on Ray and Cooper. It is a very nice facility and does have a play ground in the back. We love that school has a small and intimate feel. Class sizes are small and the teachers really do care. We love Mrs Krueger in 2nd grade! She makes sure all the students are celebrated for their accomplishments and feel loved. She is quick to listen to parents and take care of any problems that arise. Mrs Schildgen, the principal, is wonderful to work with and really cares about the kids. They have an assembly once a month where they rewarded for good character. It is a character counts school. They also offer art, computer, PE and have a Chapel time for parents that want to sign their children up for it. The kids go next door to Life Community Church so this is off campus. Diversity is celebrated and the school is very culturally diverse yet everyone gets along. It is a very positive environment and I feel great knowing my kids are being well cared for.

My children started out going to the East Mesa campus and it was a great school. The Gilbert location was also a great school at first. Overall it's still a pretty good school. Ive had some problems with bullying that I don't feel was properly handled and a boy inappropriately touching my daughter that was not even close to properly handled. That's was bad enough but to top that off they have a teacher helper named Micah who gets in the children's face and screams at them. I have never seen him just talk to a child to correct a behavior. I saw him get in my daughter's face and scream at her Infront of everyone because she was opening and closing the front door. He didn't stop screaming until I spoke up and told him who I was and told him his behavior was uncalled for. He told me he was only screaming to ensure she heard him. I have seen him do this to other children several times and once I saw him drag his own child across the parking lot by his ear or hair, it was hard to tell which one he was holding. To me he seems like a bully himself and has no business working with children. I am fet up and really considering pulling my children out of this school. He got in my son's face yesterday and my son got an attitude because of the man being right up in his face and yelling and now they want my son to apologize to him. Where is the apology to my son? Part of me wants to get a restraining order to keep this man out of my children's face. I can't believe this is being tolerated and allowed to happen.

There's a consistent focus on helping each child perform to the best of their abilities. I've never felt they're all grouped together and taught the same way. The interaction with teachers is constant, parent participation is always welcomed but never forced as in some schools. They emphasize character traits as well as academic ones. The amount of growth our son has shown is astounding and he LOVES learning, he can't talk enough at the end of the day about how much he loves school. Another big perk for us is homework is very realistic, they wisely use the hours while at school to allow children to balance their evening time without hours of homework at young ages. We highly recommend this school to anyone!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Character counts program excels as students are caught doing things that show good character! Monthly awards are given out at a big school assembly to honor the actions.

The extra care and excellence in academics is so appreciated! Our 2nd grader is ADHD and his teacher Mrs. Krueger and last year Mrs. Avery have created systems to help him focus and cool off when needed. Mrs. Anderson a gifted principal is always ready to help personally with understanding and backup of special needs staff. We are so grateful for such a wonderful loving staff. The cultural mix is refreshing with total acceptance of differences and no cliques..

Last modified Leading Edge Academy Gilbert is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.