K-6 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter excelled here every year. The teachers and administration care abou the students and build community that can't be beat. I loved the neighborhood feel and the fact that kids walk and ride their bicycles to school, they still say the Pledge of Allegience and parents are very involved - from volunteering, to working at the school and helping with the various events. It's a great school! Believe in your community school, involve yourself in your community school and it becomes a great place.

I see my child is successful right now. I have brought my children here two years before with no English.

I can not thank this school enough for what they did for my two daughters.We came from a horrible Charter school (LEA) in QC that told me not to expect my daughter to read till fourth grade (while trying to retain her in second). Then we came to Power Ranch... no more tears, hope, reading, and excelling. The staff at Power Ranch is just amazing. :) Every school has its problems, the difference is they care to try to fix them. I am just so grateful to see my children find their love of learning again.

Power Ranch has been such a spectacular experience for our family. We love the community feel of the neighborhood school, teachers, and administration. There are many, many parent volunteers at the school. The current principal and vp work hard to hire top notch teachers and staff. The district is extremely innovative with technology and preparation for the new Common Core standards. Lastly, our children are very high learners. We truly appreciate how they are challenged, at all levels, on a daily basis here. Power Ranch Elementary is a class act.

I have 4 children who are currently or in the past have been at Power Ranch over the last 6 years. Overall I think it is a good school. Over the years there has been issues with bullying and teacher/principal turnover, but I have seen some positive outcomes and improvements in the past couple of years. Any bullying we experienced was dealt with very quickly and effectively. I met the new principal at curriculum night and she seems to be very well qualified and professional. I like the emphasis of catching the kids doing good instead of always harping on what they are doing wrong. I have also seen a big improvement in communication from the teachers to me, the parent. I think the gifted program will be moving in a much better direction, too. Plenty of opportunities for parent and community involvement. And, thank goodness, many people do help out. It seems there is always a great turnout for school functions.

we have 2 children in PR elementary and have been thrilled with the teachers and parent involovement. I am concerned for the future because once again we are going though a change in principle and teacher staffing. Why are we having such a hard time keeping good teachers???

There are amazing teachers at Power Ranch and it is constantly improving, Where there is a lot of community involvement in schools and support it will continue to do well.

I am a very proud parent. The teachers at Power Ranch Elementary are awesome. The staff are always polite.This is my daughters third year there. My son only went to eighth grade and got promoted to High School but I wish he would have started earlier on. I feel both of my kids have advanced since going to Power Ranch. Thanks Power Ranch.

I have two children at Power Ranch, and I have been really impressed with the teachers!! They seem to enjoy teaching, they work hard to help students learn, and the communication is phenomenal. I am a graduate student, working on a degree in Early Childhood Education, and I am looking forward to being in my childrens' classrooms and watching their current teachers in action. I have found the principal to be incredibly responsive. My only complaint is that I think the curriculum could be a little more challenging, but I also understand that some students would not be able to keep up if this were the case.

I was very unhappy with this school. My kids attended PR for several years and I have seen too many principals and teachers leave. In the past few years, I have noticed that the school doesn't seem to support all children fairly. Some of the staff appeared to need further training in how to successfully teach to individual learning styles. Parents in the neighborhood warned me about keeping my children there. My oldest child is now be challenged at a higher level and has been recently placed in the gifted program. I would recommend to send your 6-8th grader somewhere else, as well as be involved in academic decisions regarding "how" your child receives instruction and the type of support system that is used to adequately accommodate ALL learners.

Last modified Power Ranch Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.