PK-8 & Ungraded
Gilbert, AZ

Power Ranch Elementary School 5

Posted June 11, 2014
I can not thank this school enough for what they did for my two daughters.We came from a horrible Charter school (LEA) in QC that told me not to expect my daughter to read till fourth grade (while trying to retain her in second). Then we came to Power Ranch... no more tears, hope, reading, and excelling. The staff at Power Ranch is just amazing. :) Every school has its problems, the difference is they care to try to fix them. I am just so grateful to see my children find their love of learning again.

Power Ranch Elementary School 5

Posted July 23, 2013
Power Ranch has been such a spectacular experience for our family. We love the community feel of the neighborhood school, teachers, and administration. There are many, many parent volunteers at the school. The current principal and vp work hard to hire top notch teachers and staff. The district is extremely innovative with technology and preparation for the new Common Core standards. Lastly, our children are very high learners. We truly appreciate how they are challenged, at all levels, on a daily basis here. Power Ranch Elementary is a class act.

Posted August 31, 2012
I have 4 children who are currently or in the past have been at Power Ranch over the last 6 years. Overall I think it is a good school. Over the years there has been issues with bullying and teacher/principal turnover, but I have seen some positive outcomes and improvements in the past couple of years. Any bullying we experienced was dealt with very quickly and effectively. I met the new principal at curriculum night and she seems to be very well qualified and professional. I like the emphasis of catching the kids doing good instead of always harping on what they are doing wrong. I have also seen a big improvement in communication from the teachers to me, the parent. I think the gifted program will be moving in a much better direction, too. Plenty of opportunities for parent and community involvement. And, thank goodness, many people do help out. It seems there is always a great turnout for school functions.

Posted April 25, 2012
we have 2 children in PR elementary and have been thrilled with the teachers and parent involovement. I am concerned for the future because once again we are going though a change in principle and teacher staffing. Why are we having such a hard time keeping good teachers???

Posted April 15, 2012
There are amazing teachers at Power Ranch and it is constantly improving, Where there is a lot of community involvement in schools and support it will continue to do well.

Posted August 11, 2011
I am a very proud parent. The teachers at Power Ranch Elementary are awesome. The staff are always polite.This is my daughters third year there. My son only went to eighth grade and got promoted to High School but I wish he would have started earlier on. I feel both of my kids have advanced since going to Power Ranch. Thanks Power Ranch.

Posted August 10, 2011
I have two children at Power Ranch, and I have been really impressed with the teachers!! They seem to enjoy teaching, they work hard to help students learn, and the communication is phenomenal. I am a graduate student, working on a degree in Early Childhood Education, and I am looking forward to being in my childrens' classrooms and watching their current teachers in action. I have found the principal to be incredibly responsive. My only complaint is that I think the curriculum could be a little more challenging, but I also understand that some students would not be able to keep up if this were the case.

Power Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted July 06, 2011
I was very unhappy with this school. My kids attended PR for several years and I have seen too many principals and teachers leave. In the past few years, I have noticed that the school doesn't seem to support all children fairly. Some of the staff appeared to need further training in how to successfully teach to individual learning styles. Parents in the neighborhood warned me about keeping my children there. My oldest child is now be challenged at a higher level and has been recently placed in the gifted program. I would recommend to send your 6-8th grader somewhere else, as well as be involved in academic decisions regarding "how" your child receives instruction and the type of support system that is used to adequately accommodate ALL learners.

Power Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted April 27, 2011
We moved here in July from the midwest and were nervous about the schools our children would go to compared to what they came from. We are nothing but impressed with Power Ranch. Our kids are academically challenged, the character counts program is wonderful, and the administration seems to handle issues with students quickly and appropriately. Every school has bullies and bad kids - it all depends on how teachers and administrators take care of the issues and how parents help children work through issues appropriately.

Power Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted September 28, 2010
This school is horrible, my three children used to go here and they were constantly bullied by mean children. The teachers seem to not care at all, they won't even send an email or phone call to tell you if your child's grade is slipping, no they wait till it has hit rock bottom and your child has to dig their way out of a hole. I am appalled by the lack of parent/teacher communication. Don't make our mistake and find a better school

Power Ranch Elementary School
4351 S. Ranch House Parkway, Gilbert, AZ  85297
Last modified Power Ranch Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Power Ranch Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 89 reviews. Top