Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

They have "buddy benches" where if a child has no one to play with - they can sit down and children will come ask to play. Encourages an inclusive environment.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My child has been making huge strides here.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is a little heavy - but he always manages to finish with in 30 minutes

This is our 2nd year - kindercamp w/ MS Rose and Kinder w/Ms Miltun. They work so closely with all the children. I'm impressed at the curriculum and extra circular programs they have. My son is 4 months into Kindergarten and knows 150+ sight words and can read basic books. He's in the running club and wants to be a part of other clubs. He has such school pride. I love Spectrum and am so impressed by the wonderful, knowledgeable, caring staff. The principle, Ms Boomer, is fantastic and very hands.

Spectrum is very organized and has proven themselves in strength within the principal and teachers - whos interests lie with children's education as priority. With government cut backs, unfortunatly schools have closed bringing spectrums attendance up and therefore raising class sizes; not their fault. For spectrum to continue with high test scores as well as a high grade rating school during this hard economic time, shows the strength of the class to endure extra work. I hope they open up the closed schools within the area bringing attendance down to 15 per class as it once was; but until then we are completely satisfied and have full confidence in Spectrums system of operation and education.

We have a 2nd and 3rd grader at Spectrum. They like it. The teachers are great and excited and enthusiastic. Principal is fantastic. Wonderful experience from coming from Virginia to Arizona.

2011, this school is in need of a reality check by Arizona State ASAP! My kid, who is in Kindergarten, has already been sent home with 3 notes from the teacher and a visit to the principal s office within the first week of school. My kid who just turned 5 got in trouble for jumping up and down (on the carpet) and was sent home with a note. My kids teacher makes my kid come home and tell me that what I packed for snack time is not a snack at all. This school just flat out sucks! My kid cannot even enjoy being a kindergartner without facing consequences. The after school program is a complete joke. They are understaffed and if your kid dashes around a corner, they will get suspended. Yes, that's right, SUSPENDED! My 5 year old kid has been suspended for going around a corner and a teacher had to come and tell him to get back into the gym (not outside or anything). I pay for them to watch my kid for morning and after school and because they cannot watch them, the best solution is suspension. I told them, what is my child supposed to gain from a suspension at age 5? They told me, you can go home and talk about why they are being suspended. Absolute joke! Be warned! Very warned!

We have had three children attend Spectrum Elem over the last 7 years and have enjoyed great success in the quality of teachers, curriculum and the administrative staff. I am very happy to continue to to put faith in an outstanding school and district even as they face continued budget cuts and challenges. Every school has its challenges but I would put the quality of education from Spectrum Elem up against any private or charter school. Some parents have left Spectrum to utilize local charter schools only to be widely disappointed by "bait and switch" tactics, "test result" based teaching and inconsistant student standards. "Buyers" beware when leveraging a charter school.

We moved in the district mid year. My son has an IEP for speech and was having difficulty with reading and writing. The principal took the time to sit down with me and go over my concerns and placed him in a classroom she though would be beneficial to him. By mid semester he was reading and bringing back A+ Spelling Test. These test are not easy. I never want to move from this school.

My son attended Ms. Dyas class from Oct 09 to April 10 then we had to move to FL. To this day he still talks about Ms. Donna's class and how much he truly misses her. I hope to get back in with her class on our return to AZ. My son is in an EIP and I must admit that Spectrum is a great school for the program and I am very inpressed with them and their curriculum. I give the school in it's entirety a 100 %

Last modified Spectrum Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.