Public charter
Gilbert, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,485
After care: No

Posted August 20, 2015
I love this school Flexible, helpful teachers. Challenges my daughter more than a traditional classroom.

Arizona Connections Academy 2

Posted August 01, 2015
I enrolled my son in their 9th grade, with the repeated assurances that they are fully accredited and ALL of his credits would be transferable. CREDITS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE!!!!!!!! He lost his Algebra 9, Earth Science 9 and English 9, all of the other classes will be used as electives only. He walked away with a GPA 2.59 that HE CAN NOT USE!!! He has to either complete 5 years of high school or double up on work in 10th grade to recover the 3 pertinent credits we lost . Although the facility are nice people, they were rarely available and at times, were too tired to go through all of his assignments to grade properly. (I have texts from the teacher explaining just how tired she was, to give HIS assignment the attention it deserved. How sorry she was.) If you are concerned about your child's educational future after you withdraw them from this org. DO NOT ENROLL THEM HERE!

Arizona Connections Academy 1

Posted April 10, 2015
i had put a enrollment form in March 11 2015 and you guys have still not made a decision witch is very upsetting because me being a student need to get in school but you guys are worried on what i will do at home like come on i just want to get in school and u guys are not letting me so this is very upsetting

Posted April 10, 2014
My son has been at ACA since 7th grade and he's now completeing his Junior year. I have never been happier with my choice to move my son from a public traditional school. There have been a few times throughout the years that we have been frustrated with one or two teachers poor communication, but that would be true in any school attended over a period of 5 years. I feel you get out of a program what you put into it, and online charter school takes a team of a committed parent and student to succeed. I love this school.

Posted March 13, 2014
We are very happy with our experience with Connections Academy. All of the teachers we have had over the past 3 years gone above and beyond, respond promptly to webmails, and communicate on a regular schedule with our children via phone calls twice a month and Live Lessons several days a week. The curriculum is excellent and overall I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 13, 2014
Connections Academy is great way to start schooling at home with teacher input and "back-up". I love the curriculum and materials provided and Live Lessons (with the teacher twice a week) that help reinforce the core subjects for my son. So far so good for elementary and we are very pleased.

Arizona Connections Academy 1

Posted March 12, 2014
Horrible communication service, awful teachers. The school is all independent study, all on you. The teachers are lazy and do minimal work, they do not work with students, and the feedback is wretched. It is almost impossible to communicate with a staff member.

Arizona Connections Academy 4

Posted March 12, 2014
This is our daughter's second year at Connections and we are very happy. The teachers call to touch base and always respond to emails quickly. We are very pleased with the quality of education she is receiving and know that she is well prepared for high school (which will also be at Connections next year.)

Posted January 23, 2014
this school is great and is way better than a normal school, BUT this school isnt for everyone because it can be difficult if you are not focused but overall the teachers are great and nice and thats it.

Arizona Connections Academy 4

Posted October 25, 2013
It took 5 weeks for my son with Autism to be enrolled, and it was a frustrating process for us. Since then they changed to a new Special Needs Director. . I believe this is a much better alternative for him than being in a self contained autism class where behaviors of others and his own are too much for him to focus on education. He has so much more confidence after starting AZ Connections and hope to have the progress continue. There are very good visuals, so better than the public brick and mortar schools since children with Autism are not given a qualified aide, but instead put in a self-contained class which can be hard if your child is being bitten and scratched by others still learning to control their sensory systems. My son is not aggressive with his movements, but he does move and would disrupt a typical ed class too much and they have not allowed him in more than 1 day, but with Connections he can get a typical education without the risk. I found the system confusing at first,, but if you hang in there it will pay off. The teachers will hang in there too, and help you if you are willing, and now my son enjoys and feels so good about his work.

Arizona Connections Academy
335 E. Germann Road, Gilbert, AZ  85297
Last modified Arizona Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Connections Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top