Public charter
Gilbert, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,485
After care: No

Posted April 10, 2014
My son has been at ACA since 7th grade and he's now completeing his Junior year. I have never been happier with my choice to move my son from a public traditional school. There have been a few times throughout the years that we have been frustrated with one or two teachers poor communication, but that would be true in any school attended over a period of 5 years. I feel you get out of a program what you put into it, and online charter school takes a team of a committed parent and student to succeed. I love this school.

Posted March 13, 2014
We are very happy with our experience with Connections Academy. All of the teachers we have had over the past 3 years gone above and beyond, respond promptly to webmails, and communicate on a regular schedule with our children via phone calls twice a month and Live Lessons several days a week. The curriculum is excellent and overall I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 13, 2014
Connections Academy is great way to start schooling at home with teacher input and "back-up". I love the curriculum and materials provided and Live Lessons (with the teacher twice a week) that help reinforce the core subjects for my son. So far so good for elementary and we are very pleased.

Arizona Connections Academy 1

Posted March 12, 2014
Horrible communication service, awful teachers. The school is all independent study, all on you. The teachers are lazy and do minimal work, they do not work with students, and the feedback is wretched. It is almost impossible to communicate with a staff member.

Arizona Connections Academy 4

Posted March 12, 2014
This is our daughter's second year at Connections and we are very happy. The teachers call to touch base and always respond to emails quickly. We are very pleased with the quality of education she is receiving and know that she is well prepared for high school (which will also be at Connections next year.)

Arizona Connections Academy 4

Posted October 25, 2013
It took 5 weeks for my son with Autism to be enrolled, and it was a frustrating process for us. Since then they changed to a new Special Needs Director. . I believe this is a much better alternative for him than being in a self contained autism class where behaviors of others and his own are too much for him to focus on education. He has so much more confidence after starting AZ Connections and hope to have the progress continue. There are very good visuals, so better than the public brick and mortar schools since children with Autism are not given a qualified aide, but instead put in a self-contained class which can be hard if your child is being bitten and scratched by others still learning to control their sensory systems. My son is not aggressive with his movements, but he does move and would disrupt a typical ed class too much and they have not allowed him in more than 1 day, but with Connections he can get a typical education without the risk. I found the system confusing at first,, but if you hang in there it will pay off. The teachers will hang in there too, and help you if you are willing, and now my son enjoys and feels so good about his work.

Posted September 03, 2013
This is a great online school! They are so involved in my kids education and they include us in everything. We are just so excited to be a part of them.

Posted September 03, 2013
Arizona Connections Academy is more than just a school. It is a team of professional educators who's main goal is to see each and every student succeed. We have been a part of AZ Connections Academy for 5 years. Both of my children are excelling academically and I attribute that success to the teachers of ACA. The teachers are all very helpful and teach from a very positive aspect. My students are doing better than they ever have in a brick and mortar school. I can not put into words how grateful I am to have found AZ Connections Academy! I love being such an important part of my children's education but also feel the comfort of having professional teachers that are truly involved in their success.. The teachers of this school are not only interested in helping the students to achieve their best academically but are there to help them to achieve their life goals. They work closely with each student and encourage them to do their best at all times. ACA has been a blessing in our lives and my children are soaring to great heights academically because of being part a such a great school!

Posted September 03, 2013
Arizona Connections Academy (ACA) is an outstanding school that provides enriching education right at home! I can participate in my daughter s education as a learning coach and she can learn in her own unique way and at her own pace. I love that we re in a one-on-one setting with opportunities to go in-depth on certain topics. The curriculum and textbooks provided by ACA are superior to those of other gifted curriculums. Subjects are more interesting and fun because ACA provides many resources such as BrainPOP, Discovery Education streaming, and Teachlet tutorials. These resources not only guide students, but also help the Learning Coaches to understand the topics in-depth through a rich multimedia experience and enable to teach in a enriching way . Teachers are in constant touch in order to help the students and the learning coaches via emails, conference calls, and Live Lessons. The potential avenues for social interaction include monthly field trips and face to face meetings between students and teachers. ACA enables the students to experience a truly wholesome education and training with the relevant needs.

Posted August 28, 2013
We are so happy since we found Arizona Connections Academy. Prior to this we'd sent out oldest child to the public school and then pulled her out and home schooled her. Connections gives us the benefits of homeschooling but with a lot more ease. We also get the benefits of easily transferable grades and a real diploma when the children graduate. It's super easy to stay on top of lessons and know exactly how well our children are doing with the freedom to encourage and allow for a more individualized approach. I love the mixed learning environment and the wide variety of opportunities my children are receiving. With my youngest children having only attended Connections I see so many advantages especially in reading and math that my oldest simply did not have in public schools. Thanks Connections!

Arizona Connections Academy
335 E. Germann Road, Gilbert, AZ  85297
Last modified Arizona Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Connections Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top