No rating

Rancho Solano Prepatory School - Gilbert Campus

Private | PK-5 | 345 students

Living in Gilbert

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $159,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,230.

Posted August 3, 2006

I am extremely impressed with the academic program at Rancho; at first I was concerned that the program would be too stringent for my three year old, but my child has excelled on many levels and has a genuine love for learning. The teachers at the Gilbert Campus are experienced and have a passion for education and the children that they serve. There is also plenty of opportunity for parent involvement. However, I find certain members of the administrative staff at the Gilbert campus to be well below my expectations (disengaged, disorganized, aloof, not a constant presence on the campus, and does not execute with a sense of urgency).

Posted July 6, 2006

This campus is far below my expectations for a Rancho Solano School. The administration is subpar compared to other campuses. I give more credit to the students and not the staff for any of their successes. When you pay the money they require I don't want to have to manage my childs progress as well as the administration and the staff.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 5, 2006

Rancho is an academic school and is generally one year ahead in their curriculum. Our pre-K (4's class) exited with

Posted May 10, 2006

This school is having some growing pains, teacher quality is less than expected, classroom sizes are larger than expected. Some children really struggle if not coming from a higher academic school

Posted May 9, 2006

My daughter is in the PK-4, this year she has mastered writing, reading, even spelling of 4-5 letter words! I am so very impressed. Only problem with school is tution. Our family makes a good income but I can't imagine how we are going to pay for 2 children at this school eventually.

Posted April 18, 2006

Very academic driven, may be viewed as too strict and ridgid for children to be individualized. Very structured to the class and not to the individual.

Posted April 11, 2006

This is a highly academic focused school which does provide after school activities as well as after school care. It is a good school for children who can sit and concentrate for long periods of time on schoolwork. It is not recommended for those children who have a hard time sitting still and focusing on the curriculum.

Posted March 16, 2006

We have had a great experience with this school. We have on in K and one in the 3year old preschool. Our 3 year old writes, reads easy books, speaks beginning spanish, and absolutely loves school. Our K is a fluent reader, add/subtracts 3-digit numbers, knows Spanish, is learning verbs, adjectives, nouns, etc. They both beg to go to school. Not only are the acedemics great, but the school is like a large family. It's not for every family, it does take a lot of parent support and is for a well mannered child.

Posted January 23, 2006

There program has taught our daughter so much. She is currently in the Pre K program. She continues to improve daily.

Posted January 5, 2006

This school is wonderful. I find that the teachers strive to challenge the students.

Posted July 19, 2005

Great school! We tried a Catholic Montesouri school and our son hated school. Now I can't get him to stop talking about it. Our daughter starts the PK program this year and is very excited. Great structure in classrooms. All of the kids seem to be learning a great deal and loving it. Lots of extracurricular activities. Very caring school with lots of parental input. What else can I say? We wouldn't go anywhere else.

Posted July 5, 2005

This is an amazing school! They really know how to challenge the kids while still allowing them to have fun. Fabulous teachers, parents who care and small class sizes. They expectations for the children are very high in both behavior and academics. I feel extremely comfortable with the level of security on campus and my kids love to be there! I give Rancho Solano an A+

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NIPSA
Fax number
  • (480) 726-2699

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College preparatory