Rancho Solano Prepatory School - Gilbert Campus

Private | PK-8 | 345 students

Living in Gilbert

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $159,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,230.

Sweep tile

Posted January 10, 2014

Loved this school. Offered a very unique environment that others schools cannot provide. It brought together many wonderful families that are committed to their children and the school. It is a shame to see the school close. Corporate failed to nourish this school and let it go. The message of closing the school was carried out poorly and in a very unprofessional matter - to the families and the staff. The new head only cares about the bottom line. Even more disturbing is the fact that they are letting go of some of amazing teachers. In my opinion, it would not surprise me if all of the Rancho schools in the Valley end up closing. :(

Posted January 8, 2014

We have been at Rancho Solano Gilbert for 4 years. The campus is closing after the conclusion of this 2013-2014 school year. The new Head, Dr. Menard is not going about her job the right way! She is trying to increase class sizes and is very impersonal! Loved Rancho up until now! The Scottsdale locations are in for a treat with her in charge! =(

Posted May 29, 2013

I also share the concern about increasing class size as classes are merged due to low enrollment. Also concerned about the dismissal of really good teachers due to low enrollment. My son truly blossomed under his teacher and I cannot believe the school chose to let her go.

Posted May 28, 2013

Great! We are re-enrolling next year. The review before this is incorrect Rancho is committed to small class sizes. They feel it is one of the best attributes to Rancho is having a small class sizes. We love it!

Posted May 28, 2013

My child has grown so much here. My husband and I have seen our daughter learn so much and she loves going to school every day. We love the small class sizes and the friendly teachers and staff. I have recommended Rancho to all of our friends and family.

Posted November 14, 2012

I recently enrolled my daughter into the preschool program at Rancho Solano. I really enjoyed how the staff took the time to answer all of my questions. I feel that the school cares about my child and wanted to make sure this was the right fit for her. I can already see the positive impact Rancho Solano is making in my daughter s life! Her teacher is absolutely incredible. I am excited about staying with Rancho Solano all the way through high school.

Posted July 30, 2012

Our children have attended Rancho for several years, and we're very happy with the school. The student population is diverse, parents are actively involved, and the teachers and administrators are highly qualified and responsive. Rancho provides programs that other schools sadly lack, including Spanish for all grades and a violin-based music program beginning in 1st grade. The accelerated curriculum provides a welcome challenge for students, and the success and politeness exhibited by older Rancho students form an undeniable indicator that a Rancho education truly works.

Posted June 22, 2012

Rancho is an excellent school that provides an accelerated curriculm to students, as well as having an emphasis on developing their charactor that will assist in them in the future. Many private and public schools fail to teach students to problem solve and how to be critical thinkers. Rancho's teaching methods incorporate problem solving and critically thinking into their teaching methodology. The school also provides Science, Music, Art, Foreign Language and Physical Education programs.The school provides a family environment. Highly recommend the school to a parent that wants to make an investment in their child's future.

Posted March 22, 2012

We are so happy with our decision to send our daughter to this school. The teachers are highly educated, our pre k teacher has a double masters. The one on one attention is really key at this school. Yes, tuition is high even for a private school but this is a reflection on both the academics, school activities, etc. This is the top school for the east valley.

Posted December 2, 2011

I want to take my previous 5 star posting back. I'm not sure what is happening to Rancho, but this year the school seems to be lowering the academic standards (there are Charter Schools teaching the exact same material and more), the 'Rancho Five' is not being upheld or at least being applied consistantly, they had a huge turnover in staff and are not allowing for individual child growth. For the price parents are paying to attend this school, it is disappointing they offer no better education than that of a FREE charter school. We will be joining the rest of the parents that have looked elsewhere to find a top notch education that actually teaches values and helps children to learn there ARE actual consequences to bad/inappropriate behavior.

Posted November 12, 2011

Great for Pre-K - disappointing for the other grades. This school is great for average to slightly above average kids, but if your children already know the material for that grade level expect them to be bored as they do not allow children to grow past what the lessons for that year is. We were really disappointed in how the teachers dealt with the children. A teacher would let 1 child now honey don't do that again when that child called a student a name, hit another child or destroyed another childs personal property, but another child would call the other child a name back and be sent directly to the prinicipals office.... not the kind of ethicak values we wanted instilled inour children. It seems like there is a movement among the parents of pulling their kids out at the middle of the school year and looking else where. This is something we are looking at as well for our children, as we've heard of another parent pulling their child out of the school as well.

Posted October 2, 2011

Look elsewhere - This school administration continues to ignore unacceptable behavior and academics to benefit additional tuition and attendance. Even children of staff personnel (non-paying) do not exhibit the behavior and academics that meet the Rancho 5 Principles or mission statement of the school. For many years, we have witnessed, preferential treatment where administrative talks to students with subpar academic performance or unacceptable behavior. These talks are disciplined and don t become punitive. Many good, high performing academic children have left Rancho Gilbert due to disappointment of the school administration. The school CPT4 results are extremely low compared to other children in the same grade (public). This is a reflection the kids may be learning some material a grade ahead, but they are not retaining the material and is not meeting the standardized tests which is required for later years (SAT).

Posted August 30, 2010

My son has just started the PK3 program at Rancho Solano and we couldn't be happier. The staff has been nothing but amazing, so far every teacher and staff member we come into contact with all know my son by first name. Every morning I drop him off he is soooo excited to go to school and when I pick him up he is very happy and that says a lot for a 3 year old! Yes, the price is expensive but it is a private school, you're paying for the small classroom sizes and personal attention your child gets due to that. The school is very big on teaching children to be polite and have respect for each other and thats very important in our household. We are very glad we picked this school over the others.

Posted August 18, 2010

This is our daughter's 2nd yr @RSPS Gilbert. She had such an AMAZING year as a Mini-Mustang. She came home happy every day with stories to tell. By the end of the school year, we could really see a BIG change in the way she communicated & expressed herself. 10 days after school was out, she was asking to go back. School has been in session for 2 weeks now and she still has the same attitude, loves getting up in the morning and looks forward to going to school. We have been very fortunate to be blessed with such wonderful teachers & she LOVES them. We have never had any problems with the administration so far & truly enjoy getting weekly emails from the Principle, VP & teachers keeping us informed. I have noticed negative comments from parents who have PROBLEM children. Looking forward to many more years there!

Posted August 1, 2010

Only a few of the teachers are certified to teach. Several have no academic training let alone a degree in education. This is particularly true in the Pre-K grades. If you choose to send your children to Rancho research each teacher they even falcify Bio's. For what we had to pay in tuition Rancho should at least provide basic necessities. They regularly ask for donations of everything.

Posted January 7, 2010

We have had two children in Rancho Gilbert for three years. The academics and campus are great. The teachers have been excellent and we really liked the former prinicipal. This is a great school for children who are perfect. Unfortunately, no one in administration or faculty has the knowledge, experience or desire to deal with any special needs. We are strongly considering not returning next year.

Posted November 1, 2009

Awesome school!!! I graduated last year from 8th grade at the Gilbert Campus and decided to go to Xavier College Preparatory and I feel like Rancho has definitely prepared for my high school, college, university, and life!
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 31, 2009

I had my children here for 5 years and have seen this campus slowly get worse. They have many unqualified teachers and administraion. I belive they used to have great academics but slowly have been 'dumming' it down. I was going back and forth on returning next year but after I found out of all the changes again with the administration and loosing some great teachers and staff. I have chossen to take my kids to another wonderful school. I would highly reccomend that if you have the time to look at this school more carefuly and you will see that many things are very wrong.

Posted May 31, 2009

This was my daughter s first year and I cannot say enough good things about her experience at this school. Her pre-k4 teacher was amazing and my daughter learned so much! Her teacher is a warm and caring person who not only taught her reading and math but a love for science, art, etc. and she did many interesting and fun projects throughout the year. She is also skilled at teaching handwriting and really helped my daughter with this. She truly cares about her students and my daughter loved going to school every day. The only negative I think is that the school is expensive but my husband and I believe is was worth the money for a fantastic pre-school experience. My daughter is well prepared for kindergarten and also important to us is that she wants to learn more and loves school!

Posted May 16, 2009

My dissapointment is second only to my shock at the cost of this establishment!

Asian 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab