Posted July 23, 2014
I hate really everything about this school. The environment of the school is irritating. It's set up in this thing called PRIDE. Like someone said before, it's just a system where you have to carry around a planner and there are thousands of ways to get punished by it and it's in every GPS school. It's almost impossible to not get punished by it somehow. The PRIDE system adds a lot of stress and the teachers are very annoying about it. The teachers are also mean, unhelpful, and hard to deal with. Anyways, If your not athletic, not in any club, and have no school spirit, go and fine another school. Now. It's going to be MUCH harder to make any decent friends, trust me. There are tons of jocks at the school, of popular girls, annoying goodie goodies, and some really uncomfortable geeks. If you go to the school, you WILL be in one of those four groups. No mater what. So, like I said, if your not a childhood sport star, your going to have a hard time making any decent or any friends. The education is poor, as well as the kids that go here. Please save yourself from going to this school, go and fine a better one, now. Unless if your a super jock.

South Valley Jr. High School 2

Posted June 02, 2014
Honestly South Valley is not that great of a school. The acedemics are okay but the teachers don't connect with the students very well, and there are many bully issues that go un noticed. The Pride program is also very confusing, you get punished if you forget to get a stamp in each class resulting in a detention. My son is not attending South Valley for my 8th grade year mostly for these reasons

South Valley Jr. High School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
I hate this school. Honestly. I'm the quiet type who stays out of trouble for the most part and I got into a bit of it in the school. Teachers were mostly hostile to me and the way this school is set up is incredibly stupid and horrible. Basically, they have this system set up where students need to carry around a planner and punishment comes very easily because of it. I will admit it taught me the importance of doing homework, but if you didn't get a stamp for a class on your planner you could get into major trouble (9th hour) so one day I had to forge it (something I knew was wrong, but I couldn't risk 9th hour) because I didn't get the stamp the previous day (there was a fire drill) and my teacher found out and I almost got a referral. For forging a stamp. Do you know how many of my peers have had to forge stamps? Many of them good, honest, honors kids. Anyway, if you're not the all-American, sports loving, school spirited type this school is not for you. In addition to that, the education is sub par and I would go to a charter school that offered Latin. You know the one. It's much more worth it. This school is horrible. --Former Student

Posted November 10, 2013
When I left Elementary I was very scared to going to junior high but the first day was a huge success. Where do I start? The teachers are absolutely phenomenal and very outgoing to all of their students, the community is very friendly and staff is as well. It is so much better than I thought it would be. This school is an A+ School as of 2013 and I couldn't ask for a better community like this one!

Posted December 23, 2011
This being my second year at SVJH, I can assure anybody that it is a great school! The honors program (which I am in) is challenging, yet very fun. Our teachers, in every class, try to make it fun while we learn new topics and ideas. There is a lot of emphasis on sports, which we are very good at, but there are other things to do to get involved. You could be a manager for a sports team, join one of the many clubs, or participate in the fine arts department(my favorite!). The band is really good, and the orchestra is amazing( woop woop!), the choir is also really good! You could also be in drama, or the play! All in all, South Valley is an amazing school that I will miss next year when I move on to Campo Verde!

Posted July 07, 2011
GREAT SCHOOL!! They care for each and every student. They gave my kids a great education and made them feel welcomed. Their PRIDE program is excelent!! If you are looking for a school that will make you and your kids feel welcom...SOUTH VALLEY IS THE ONE!!

Posted August 29, 2010
Having just moved here from Scottsdale this summer, I will admit I was a little nervous about placing my son into a school I really knew nothing about. Well, I'm here to tell you, after attending the Open House, New Student Orientation, and Back to School Days, this school really put my mind and heart at ease. I was so comfortable with the entire staff, coaching staff, and the teachers especially. It is obvious the goal at South Valley Jr. High is to give these kids an exceptional education. What more could a parent ask for? I have yet to be disappointed in anyone or anything at SVJH. If you are looking into this school for your children, do not hesitate. You will not be disappointed. GO SABERCATS!!!

Posted February 10, 2010

Posted August 02, 2009

Posted June 06, 2009

South Valley Jr. High School
2034 South Lindsay Road, Gilbert, AZ  85295
Last modified South Valley Jr. High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Valley Jr. High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.