Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Power 1

Posted February 18, 2014
Why is everything unbending and uncaring. My wife and son both return from teacher conference crying. This is rediculous. My son spends 3-4 hours every night doing homework and we work with him the entire time. The teacher does not care what his grade is and refuses to teach. She just assigns work and expects it done. Even completed homework receives an F if there are to many mistakes.

Posted February 07, 2014
I have been so happy with not only the quality of education, but also the environment that my children have been able to learn at Benjamin Franklin Charter School (BFCS). I love the fact that with the use of the Spalding method, it doesn't matter which teacher my child gets...he/she will be learning the same material in the same way. Because BFCS encourages parent involvement at the school, I can volunteer as much as I would like and I feel very accessible to my child and part of the team that is teaching him/her. I also really appreciate that the character values we teach our children at home are reinforced at this school. I highly recommend this school to anyone!

Posted February 03, 2014
We moved to the area 3 years ago we first decided to send our kids to the school district school closest to our home. After sending my 2 kids the first year & then adding my 5 yr. old the following year I felt like a change was in order to better fit my kids. I knew families from church that sent their kids to BFCS and had great things to say about their experiences. The campus is close to our home, but more importantly as I learned more about the school, & made several visits I realized my kids could do better in this environment. I love the front office staff, they were helpful and kind as they answered my questions and helped us enroll! BFCS has provided my kids with great structure and expectations regarding their education. The school teaches the kids to be proud of their country, to be good citizens and to be responsible. I love the communication, environment & teachers. Each time I go to the school, I am greeted with a friendly smile. I love when I help in the classrooms (not required) and can see how and what my kids are being taught. My kids excitement about their school makes me happy. So glad we made the choice to switch; great kids & families.

Posted January 24, 2014
This school is amazing!! Top notch staff and teachers!!! Kids are learning way above their grade level!! You can see the difference in the kids who go here compared to other schools!! Just an overall amazing school, I feel like my daughter is getting way ahead of her peers going to Benjamin franklin charter school.. I highly recommend it!! So happy they now go through high school!!

Posted August 12, 2012
I have had two kids in this school, and I think this school is excellent. I wish they had a High School. Excellent teachers.

Posted March 28, 2012
We researched MANY schools in the area, looking for a place our children can get a quality education. Overall, we are happy with the kindergarten program. Our child enjoys going to school, and the Spalding Phonics program has helped him strengthen his reading skills. The school is very structured, the children are all well-mannered, and the staff is good. My biggest complaint? I wish the daily communication was better. However, whenever I initiate communication with my child's teacher she is always prompt and courteous getting back to me. Compared to other schools, we are HAPPY to be at BFCS!

Posted January 06, 2010
My son loves this school and has already learned so much this school year. I was originally concerned that BFCS might be all work and no fun, but I was wrong!! Benjamin Franklin Charter School does an excellent job of making learning fun without losing focus on education. The Spalding Language Arts program being used is definitely top notch and fully comprehensive. I wish I could have attended a school like BFCS when I was younger. The teachers and staff do a great job of reinforcing the importance of self respect as well as respect for others and authority.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Power 1

Posted August 20, 2009

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Power 0

Posted July 17, 2009
My daughter has completed K-2 at this school, and I love it. I love the fact that they teach to the smarter kids in the class, and expect the other kids to catch up. Instead of teaching to the 'dumbest' kid in the class, they teach to the smartest. This is a fast paced curriculum, the kids either get it or they don't. In 2nd grade, my daughter was learning stuff that her cousins who were in 3rd and 4th grades (but at other schools) hadn't even learned yet. I feel this school has excellent teachers, and they expect the kids to follow rules. The dress code is a little weird, girls can't wear capri pants. I've never been given a reason as to why not. But, that's my only complaint. Principal and front office staff are wonderful. Teachers are great, too!

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Power 0

Posted May 14, 2009
Our twins Just finished their first year at BFCS and we are very pleased. Their teacher is excellent and they have learned more then we would have expected for one year. If you want your kids to learn the value of hard work this is the place to be.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Power
22951 S. Power Rd., Gilbert, AZ  85297
Last modified Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Power is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Power Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top