Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Gilbert

Charter | 7-12

Our school is best known for embracing the performing arts & academics.

Living in Gilbert

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $159,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,230.

Posted May 2, 2008

This school is awesome. If you are actively involved in your child s education, you can t go wrong here. My son is reading almost at the same level as friends 2 grades ahead in public school. Whoever wrote the poor comment about too much homework It SCHOOL! there is suppose to be homework. I applaud the staff and teachers. I feel like my child is safe and getting a good education, which is exactly what I expect from a school. He gets a bonus with the added arts and performance roles. The campus is kept nice and I ve never had a problem speaking with any of the staff even on the spur the moment time frame.

Posted May 2, 2008

The Learning Foundation and Performing Arts school is a breath of fresh air. The teachers are caring, creative and Highly Qualified. The campus is spacious, beautiful and clean. The walls are covered in the wonderful talent of students in art, writing and research. You are invited to our performance Come see their production of: MOBSTERS INC. May 8th & 9th, Tickets $2 6:00 PM at our Gilbert Campus 480-635-1900 It is wonderful! My grandchildren and excelling in academics as well as self esteme. I highly recommend it!

Posted May 2, 2008

My kids love their teachers and are at grade level for the first time in their lives. The district schools just promoted them even when they were behind. At Learning Foundation they are receiving the extra help they need, in a language they understand. Thank you so much for building my kids pride in themselves. They are eagar to raise their hands now to give an answer...because they know it!

Posted May 2, 2008

I currently work for LFPA and couldn't be happier. The school offers exciting electives without lacking in core subjects. The staff is friendly, helpful and outgoing. We offer tutoring to assist anyone needing extra help with school work. The school educates in an envirment that is fun and welcoming.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 2, 2008

I am a 10th grader at the school- I think it is easier to go to this school because it is a smaller classroom. I am able to get the attention of the teacher- I don't feel the peer pressure like when I was in public school. I am at level or higher in all my subjects where as in public school I always fell short. I have passed my Aims. The teachers challenge and push me to always be my best. I thank them for that!
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 28, 2008

I would like to say this is a great school. My kids love their teachers and have blossomed since they have been attending this school. My kids are part of the performing arts and love it. Let me say the performing arts program has really boosted their self esteem. The teachers have gone out of their way to help them in their academics. My son has brought up his reading by two grade levels. Keep in mind that we came from the district schools and they fell far below in assisting my kids with academics. I will be keeping my kids here until they graduate. I am so glad they go to 12th grade. Thank you Learning Foundation and Performing Arts you have been a blessing to my family.

Posted April 27, 2008

Please visit this school and spend some time in the classroom before enrolling your child. The school is lacking in academic curriculum. Unless your child is a rising star, academics are not a priority of this school. The school does not teach to individual differences, only the norm. The school is dirty, and run down. The buses are unrealiable and break down. They are friendly and nice, but they just want your child to go there, so they can get paid.

Posted April 25, 2008

I currently have my children at the Gilbert campus and could not be happier. They have a great staff of teachers who care about the education of children and are committed to the their success. My children have grown leap and bound in their academics. The performing arts program is outstanding. The drama department has givin the students the chance to perform in plays for the community and to experince things that I could never afford. I would never put my children anywhere else. The children come first at this school, and we have never been happier. We love this school. A very happy parent

Posted April 21, 2008

If your child is a poor achiever and needs extra help because they are behind, leave this school behind. Further, if your child is advanced and gifted, attending this school will be the worst gift for them. All in all it is a school put together by friends who share common beliefs (religion) and goals (money). The children come second, the learning last, and of course first is pleasing the parents to ensure the student stays in school i.e. money.

Posted March 13, 2008

I will be pulling my kids out of this school when the school year has ended. My kids seem to get an enormous amount of homework to complete each night. in comparing the curriculum to others schools in the valley, my kids are about a year behind. Sure the staff is friendly as long as you don't question anything that they do. I have called and left messages to speak to the principal and several different teachers and cannot get anyone to call me back. I have sent letters in with the same reponse. I have physically gone into the school and was told that someone would get back to me, however I am still waiting.....

Posted September 13, 2007

Great School. I love the teachers and staff the Principal or Leader is Great always friendly and always alert. I think they had a rocky start and I am sad to see some teachers did not return. They have really improved..one thing I don't like is there is never homework, and compared to other schools my son is a little behind in subjects. As a parent you have to take control so we don't stop at school we study at home as well.

Posted August 31, 2007

I currently teach at this school and love the family feel and support I receive from administration and parents. We work as a team to see that the children come first. They are our focus. Every staff member is committed to helping each child reach their potential and succeed. The preforming arts focus in conjunction with strong academics make this school a great choice. I wish this school were available when my daughter was younger. She would have thrived in this friendly supportive environment. I would highly encourage parents and students to come see what we are all about. I know you will like what you see!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 26, 2007

Their rules are rigid, and benefit only the efficiency of their operation, not the child. Bullies push other children around, and the people in charge condone the actions as 'the child needs to learn to deal with these situations'. There is no 'Performing Arts' program as the name implies. There are no sports, or other organized extracurricular activities.

Posted May 3, 2007

This school is amazing. My Son loves to goes to school every day! That is amazing in itself. He loves the teachers and is finally excelling in all his subjects. He especially enjoys the Musical keyboards and Ceramics class he has taken and has brought home beautiful artwork for my home. Thank you for creating this terrific answer to my prayers!

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

24 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

25 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

25 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 47%N/A47%
Female 51%N/A49%
Male 49%N/A51%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Learning Foundation & Performing Arts - Warner Campus
Gilbert High School
Campo Verde High School
Percentage of students going to 2-year college 45% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 30% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 0% (2013)
Percentage of students going to vocational programs 15% (2013)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 10% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Grand Canyon University
Chandler Gilbert University
Arizona State University
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Italian
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab
  • Science lab

Arts & music

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Arts (all)
  • Performing arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses

• Robert Villa
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (480) 635-1907

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction
  • Hybrid
  • Individually guided instruction
  • Project-based
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Arts (all)
  • Performing arts
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
  • TBD
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
Vocational or skills-based training offered
  • EVIT courses

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Italian
Extra learning resources offered
  • Career/college counseling
  • Remediation
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
  • Tutoring
College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Access to sports fields
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Music room
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

Media arts
  • Technical design and production

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)

Visit

Middle school
High school

How to apply

Does this school have an application or enrollment process?

Planning Ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Grand Canyon University
Chandler Gilbert University
Arizona State University
College preparation / awareness offered
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Community college courses
College presentations or information sessions
College prep programs/courses during the year
Students' post-graduation plans in 2013