Public charter
Gilbert, AZ
After care: No

Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Gilbert 4

Posted October 03, 2014
The one thing about LFPA that makes it a negative experience are the parents. These kids worked so hard to prepare for the outdoor show, it rained and flooded the field where the show was originally scheduled SO instead of canceling and devastating the kids, the venue had to be changed. Due to those circumstances the parents should chill out and THANK the school for not canceling the show. My son has attending LFPA for 3 years and as of this year I pulled my daughters out of there old school (which I was an employee of) to attend LFPA. This schools offers amazing programs and specials for these kids. The teachers work hard and all pull together when push comes to shove! My son was one of the students in the dark singing last night when they lost power and guess what... I didn't act like I was in high school and throw a temper tantrum. I have seen tremendous growth with my son in his academics and his performing skills. I am very lucky to have found a a place where my children are encouraged to be themselves and allow active time out of the class room. For the parents that are preaching "favoritism" all kids had a chance to audition... Maybe this just isn't your child's thing.

Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Gilbert 4

Posted October 03, 2014
We have had our children enrolled at LFPA for over 4 years. Of course, there are challenges at any school, but as a parent who is highly involved at the school I would say the most challenging are the negative and complaining parents. This is a school that has a focus on the performing arts and one thing I have noticed are the parents who are trying to relive their so-called "glory days" through their children and that is nothing short of pathetic. They seem to be the ones complaining the loudest. The outdoor performance last night was not perfect, but neither were the circumstances surrounding the change in venue. The staff worked INCREDIBLY hard to make sure the children would be safe and still be able to perform since they all worked so hard. I do agree that parent involvement is lacking, but it has gotten better every year that I have been there. And it is only lacking because the negative parents don't offer to help they just want to complain. LFPA may not be a good fit for everyone, but if your child likes to sing and dance than you should definitely give it a try. When we are involved in our children's school in a positive way that is when our children will soar!

Posted October 02, 2014
As a parent, i was excited about having my child attend this school. First performance tonight...first and foremost, the music teacher needs to be fired, nothing says poor vocal instruction like kids screaming in the microphones...ouch! Second...out on the high school basketball courts is where they decided to have the performance...not a gymnasium or auditorium where families can sit and enjoy watching their kids comfortably and actually visible. My kid was in the back...so i was off to the side, with my camera in hand...people decided to sit right behind me after i got positioned and i was asked to move...really? Im pretty sure proper organization and planning would have helped, but thats just me...ive only done real acting, music, and dance...so who am i to judge? :) BTW...my child is among the many that were not given an opportunity to have a solo due to favoritism...good job, not!

Posted October 02, 2014
You know, I have to honestly say that the only thing I can't stand about this school is some of the parents. Our kids pulled together a last minute change to everything they were doing for the LFPA tradition of having an outside performance. I watched as the poor staff did their best to accommodate all of us parents in an area they weren't planning on using in an attempt to say "Let the show go on!" It's not the school's fault it rained so much that the field was flooded. I for one am just grateful I didn't have to sit in soggy grass! These parents that complain when all their kids don't get the solo parts like they're so entitled to everything! My kids didn't get a solo part. My kids NEVER get a solo part, and I for one have NEVER accused the teachers of favoritism. For those complaining that this wasn't held in the gymnasium. Did you ever consider the fact that we wouldn't all fit in the gym?! Why do you think they split the winter and spring shows by class and grade? Because the school has WAY more students his year. This show is an LFPA Tradition! Quit acting like spoiled brats and congratulate those amazing music and dance teachers for an amazing job well done.

Posted June 23, 2014
Things got so bad at this school that I withdrew my child close to the end of the school year. Best decision I made. The staff and principal openly discussed a confidential and sensitive outside family members medical concern among each other, and in front of students. This fueled a wildfire of rumors and bullying not only among the student body, but staff as well. In my entire life, I have never seen, nor heard of such behavior on the part of an education system. The principal is unable to maintain order or control among employees or students. Staff are not consistent with the curriculum from one class to another. It's a complete mess! Never send your child! The negative reviews coincide with what I've seen there.

Posted June 23, 2014
I do not recommend this school at all! My daughter really enjoys the performing arts which is why we chose this school, however, it seems to be the same kids over and over that get all of the solos and major roles in the performances. The teachers definitely play favorites!! The principal of the elementary school is very unapproachable!! Lastly...and this is a huge problem...There is absolutely no parent involvement whatsoever!! I attended a couple of the family lunch times on Fridays, and there were only maybe 4 or 5 parents in attendance! ! Same goes for the parties and field trips.....no parents!!! This school seemed more like a daycare center for parents that work!!!

Posted May 23, 2014
My children have been attending LFPA for 5 years. They love going to LFPA and I enjoy going to all their performances as well. Every school year LFPA is improving and it amazes me what they are capable of accomplishing. I am exceptionally impressed with the musical theater department and how well they can put together big-name broad way performances and have our students do they so professionally. This is a great place for a student to receive a good quality educational experience and a safe environment. My family is looking forward to the new state of the arts campus they are building next year.

Posted May 15, 2014
LFPA is a fantastic place for children to get their education. My daughter graduated in 2012 and my son is finishing his fourth year of attendance. The teachers at this school go the extra mile to give individual attention to their students. The math teachers at this school are the BEST! LFPA made a huge difference in my children's education. If you want a school that cares about your children, this is the one!

Posted May 13, 2014
Our son is finishing his fourth year at LFAPA. We all love the smaller class size and that there is a dress code that requires uniforms. The school celebrates everyone's differences and encourages the students to be their best. We have seen no disciplinary problems or bullying. The teachers are caring and wonderful and the staff is attentive and always helpful. The principal is excellent. He cares about the students and their families and helps them to achieve success. He also encourages the students to look beyond high school and to set educational and career goals. At LFAPA, there are many opportunities for students to learn the various aspects of performing arts, whether musical performance, dance, theater, or stagecraft. For athletics, there are numerous PE options as well as after school sports teams. Overall we think the school has been a fabulous choice - one that offers a well-rounded academic program along with music, arts, and physical education. We wouldn't go anywhere else.

Posted May 03, 2014
We've had the pleasure of having both of our sons at LFPA - Warner since it was combined with the Gilbert campus. We love the new campus with all of its impressive amenities as well as the new additions to their staff. The front office staff is so nurturing to our kids and polite and supportive to us. This is such a blessing because nothing is worse than a front office staff that's rude or apathetic. We have been so impressed with LFPA's newest principal! We absolutely loved the Gilbert campus principal so it was such a relief to find that she was just as amazing! There was an incident with our brand new kindergartner that she took the time to personally help our family through helping him to succeed. We've never encountered a more approachable hands on principal. The teaching staff at this campus goes above the rest. We didn't feel like our kids were being streamlined to learn how to take tests but rather that they were being guided along a new learning adventure. Both of our kids love to learn! Additionally, they love this school. If my kids are happy, WE'RE happy!

Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Gilbert
1120 S. Gilbert Rd., Gilbert, AZ  85296
Last modified Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Gilbert is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Gilbert Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top