Public charter
Gilbert, AZ
After care: No

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 04, 2015
This school is by far the worst school you could ever send your child to. If you want a totally careless and useless staff and principal send them here. For example the principal and "counceler" have not a clue on what they are doing. From experience, the counceler makes no suggestions on how to proceed on your high school career. When asking about GPA and scholarships he simply said look at his website and gave no more advice. He also gave no advice on SATs and how to prepare when asked. Everything here is a home and I regret ever hearing about this joke of a school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 04, 2015
All of the same children are picked as the lead roles in performances. Favoritism? Yes.

Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Gilbert 5

Posted March 04, 2015
I'm the mother of the child that wrote the unflattering review on February 28. My child has been an honor roll student, and is not a delinquent. She is highly intelligent. What is also true is that my child made some low test scores that contributed to her overall low grades this semester, not because the teachers did not submit her grades or do not their job. My child has attendeLFPA for five years during that time Mr. Vila and his staff have been instrumental in her educational success . Mr Villa and Ms. Inemer supported my daughter in getting into the ACE PROGRAM and she is also currently attending Chandler Gilbert Community College. All of the falcuty have been very supportive of my child even when she was not the most pleasant student to deal with. As far as students being picked for rolls in plays etc. it is irrelevant because my child is a talented guitar player yet, she refuses to participate. No person or school is perfect and I understand my daughter was upset however, in fairness she did not give Mr. Villa an opportunity to fix the problem. I would recommendLFPA for any parent seeking faculty that genuinely cares about the success and well being of their students.

Posted March 03, 2015
I am writing this review in response to the post on February 28, 2015. I am sorry to hear of this students current situation, but I can definitely say from our experience this is not the norm. Our children have attended LFPA for the past 5 years as well and all 3 have been on the Honor Roll. Our oldest is an above average student and Mr. Villa, the Principal, has gone above and beyond to make sure she has the classes she needs to enter college as a Sophomore. She will actually be graduation high school next year with her AA degree in hand. Also, in regards to the Performing Arts Department, being an arts teacher myself I can say that these teachers are top notch. Not only do they work endless hours putting on great performances, but they genuinely care about the students as a hole, not just when they are in their class. Maybe the students getting roles consistently has nothing to do with favoritism but everything to do with the students talent, hard work, dedication and ATTITUDE. The Performing Arts program is not for everyone, but if your child likes to sing and dance than do yourself a favor and look into LFPA!!

Posted February 28, 2015
Mr. Villa is just a prop for the school to look better than what it really is. Mr. Rehm does more work than he does. Basically all of the staff is pretty disrespectful to students. I've been going to this school for about 5 years now and it has destroyed itself so significantly, especially this year. The teachers re don't do their jobs as far as updating grades. Anyways, the teachers don't do their jobs and I question if some of them are even qualified to be teachers. As of now, me being a student that has been consistently on honor roll since I first came here, due to the laziness of my teachers, it looks like I've been slacking off. ALSO, if you plan to enroll your child because of the performing arts aspect of this school, DO NOT. The teachers are EXTREMELY biased and always pick the same people for starring roles. I would never recommend going to this school. It's almost embarrassing to even answer the question, "where do you go to school?" Parents, if you are debating whether or not to enroll your child here, I highly suggest you not. I'm not a delinquent trying to rebel against society. I'm an honor roll student that is being failed by this school's education system.

Posted October 03, 2014
The one thing about LFPA that makes it a negative experience are the parents. These kids worked so hard to prepare for the outdoor show, it rained and flooded the field where the show was originally scheduled SO instead of canceling and devastating the kids, the venue had to be changed. Due to those circumstances the parents should chill out and THANK the school for not canceling the show. My son has attending LFPA for 3 years and as of this year I pulled my daughters out of there old school (which I was an employee of) to attend LFPA. This schools offers amazing programs and specials for these kids. The teachers work hard and all pull together when push comes to shove! My son was one of the students in the dark singing last night when they lost power and guess what... I didn't act like I was in high school and throw a temper tantrum. I have seen tremendous growth with my son in his academics and his performing skills. I am very lucky to have found a a place where my children are encouraged to be themselves and allow active time out of the class room. For the parents that are preaching "favoritism" all kids had a chance to audition... Maybe this just isn't your child's thing.

Posted October 03, 2014
We have had our children enrolled at LFPA for over 4 years. Of course, there are challenges at any school, but as a parent who is highly involved at the school I would say the most challenging are the negative and complaining parents. This is a school that has a focus on the performing arts and one thing I have noticed are the parents who are trying to relive their so-called "glory days" through their children and that is nothing short of pathetic. They seem to be the ones complaining the loudest. The outdoor performance last night was not perfect, but neither were the circumstances surrounding the change in venue. The staff worked INCREDIBLY hard to make sure the children would be safe and still be able to perform since they all worked so hard. I do agree that parent involvement is lacking, but it has gotten better every year that I have been there. And it is only lacking because the negative parents don't offer to help they just want to complain. LFPA may not be a good fit for everyone, but if your child likes to sing and dance than you should definitely give it a try. When we are involved in our children's school in a positive way that is when our children will soar!

Posted October 02, 2014
As a parent, i was excited about having my child attend this school. First performance tonight...first and foremost, the music teacher needs to be fired, nothing says poor vocal instruction like kids screaming in the microphones...ouch! Second...out on the high school basketball courts is where they decided to have the performance...not a gymnasium or auditorium where families can sit and enjoy watching their kids comfortably and actually visible. My kid was in the back...so i was off to the side, with my camera in hand...people decided to sit right behind me after i got positioned and i was asked to move...really? Im pretty sure proper organization and planning would have helped, but thats just me...ive only done real acting, music, and dance...so who am i to judge? :) BTW...my child is among the many that were not given an opportunity to have a solo due to favoritism...good job, not!

Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Gilbert 5

Posted October 02, 2014
You know, I have to honestly say that the only thing I can't stand about this school is some of the parents. Our kids pulled together a last minute change to everything they were doing for the LFPA tradition of having an outside performance. I watched as the poor staff did their best to accommodate all of us parents in an area they weren't planning on using in an attempt to say "Let the show go on!" It's not the school's fault it rained so much that the field was flooded. I for one am just grateful I didn't have to sit in soggy grass! These parents that complain when all their kids don't get the solo parts like they're so entitled to everything! My kids didn't get a solo part. My kids NEVER get a solo part, and I for one have NEVER accused the teachers of favoritism. For those complaining that this wasn't held in the gymnasium. Did you ever consider the fact that we wouldn't all fit in the gym?! Why do you think they split the winter and spring shows by class and grade? Because the school has WAY more students his year. This show is an LFPA Tradition! Quit acting like spoiled brats and congratulate those amazing music and dance teachers for an amazing job well done.

1120 S. Gilbert Rd., Gilbert, AZ  85296
Last modified Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Gilbert is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Learning Foundation And Performing Arts Gilbert Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top