Posted September 02, 2014
They claim to be a "highly educated school" but, near by schools are pulling ahead in the curriculum.

Posted April 25, 2013
I'm in eighth grade at Gilbert Classical Academy, and I love it! There is a ton of homework, but that's how we learn! The teachers all know what they're doing, even if we don't want all the homework. We have amazing band and orchestra teachers, and an amazing principal! They treat everybody with respect. Because GCA is such a small school, everybody knows each other personally, and everybody is always there when somebody needs them. I'm soooo proud of us for getting #28 in the country, and #3 in Arizona! We deserved it, we try so hard! The people who are leaving one star reviews obviously just can't handle it... It's true that we do have a lot of homework, and we do have uniforms, but both helped us get to where we are today! Our disrict's average college readiness index is about 31, while we are 95... I think we're doing something right! I'm so glad my family found this school.

Posted August 24, 2012
I attended Greenfield Junior High (another GPS school) for 7th grade. In 8th grade, I transferred to GCA. All that I can say is that it was a very dissapointing experience. The school claims to use advanced 'Socratic instruction' and the issuing of laptops and uniforms to every student only cover up the fact that this school is just awful. The band director is TERRIBLE, the principal treats the students like 4-year olds, and many of the teachers openly bad-mouth other GPS schools. I've always loved school, but GCA was so awful that I came home crying every night. I'm now happily re-enrolled at Greenfield, where the teachers actually care about how you preform. GO GRIZZLIES!

Posted January 23, 2012
My daughter is in her 8th grade year at GCA, her second year there. She was not an ALP student at her elementary school, but she is a hard worker and is able to pull great grades at GCA. It is a struggle at times for her, but she is maintaining her grades and involved in 2 sport programs, student senate, and other clubs. There is a wonderful dynamic at Gilbert Classical Academy between the students and the teachers. This is an optimistic school and many opportunities are available, and quite honestly, if your nature is pessimistic, you will not be happy with any school your child attends! I'm very impressed and happy with Gilbert Classical Academy!

Posted October 29, 2011
This school is excellent. All academic programs are at honors level. The teaches are demanding, but caring and dedicated. The school is perhaps tough on some students because they have to work every day. When you want your child to get ready for college, that's the only way! (Believe me, I know what I am talking about when it concerns the readiness for college.) Yet, I would strongly discourage parents considering this school if their children are not 100% committed to get good education. About the uniforms: While I am personally not in favor of uniforms at school, I admit that uniforms may help making the academic life better and safer. In any case, I am willing to pay this price to insure the best possible education for my child.

Posted August 24, 2011
The only thing longer than the line to get into this school is the line to get out. The new administration is awful and completely unwilling to listen to anything the parents might have to contribute. Run away!

Posted December 06, 2010
Definately 5 stars! Kids do not spend time on trying to make a fashion statement (they wear uniforms). This allows the students to FOCUS on what is reallly important, ACADEMICS. The students are taught to be organized, work smartly and efficiently, strive for excellence and not settle for the "norm" which in Arizona appears to be settling for the status quo (average). The teachers are highly motivated (there are always a few that are misplaced) for the most part. There is something for everybody here...Sports, Chess (not a sport), Band, Drama, Art, Science, Newspaper, Yearbook, Yada Yada Yada....and in the end...a very good shot at a scholarship within and outside of Arizona. Perhaps Ivy League, Stanford, Military Academies...Did I mention Laptops...Every student gets one...This school has been ranked #1 in the state of ARIZONA for several different AIMS categories over the past 3 years! Same curriculum as Brophy Prep (minus the Jesuit education) without the $13,000+/ year price tag! GCA is part of the Gilbert School District.

Posted April 27, 2010
The people who run this sad excuse for a school don't really understand what the real world is, they just run around in their little fantasy land thinking everything is going great. No extra curricular, no electives, this place is just pathetic. Principal acts like everyone is five years old, and yet has extremely high standards for everyone. Just a bad school

Posted December 02, 2009
This school is amaazingg, I am a student and I couldn't love it more. A lot of fun,,a lot of work,,'we work hard, we play harder' Gca Spartans(:

Posted September 24, 2009

Gilbert Classical Academy Jr.
55 N. Greenfield Rd., Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Gilbert Classical Academy Jr. is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gilbert Classical Academy Jr. Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.