Perry High School

Public | 9-12

Posted April 16, 2014

Several teachers at Perry do not effectively use Infinite Campus, thus parents attempting to help their child prepare for and manage the workload are not adequately informed. We are happy with other aspects of the school and teachers but this, in my experience, is a huge hindrance to parents.

Posted December 8, 2013

I couldn't think of any other high school I would rather go to. I love all my teachers, this year especially as a sophomore. The teachers are all willing to help me and they are all so willing to help me to succeed. There are so many nice people and that has been such a relief, but like with all schools, it all depends on the friends you choose to make. I personally feel like I'm getting the best education for me. I absolutely love that there are so many options of classes that I can go as difficult or as easy as I want. At other schools, I may not be able to be in AP Spanish for or in Honors Brief Calc as a Sophomore, but here I am and Love it. I'd recommend this school to anybody.

Posted September 26, 2013

I am very pleased to see the quality of teachers in Perry High School. Coming from the best of best schools in the valley, they have created a big impact in the quicker upgrade of a relatively newer school. Kudos to the principal and the board.

Posted February 6, 2013

Perry is the most balanced of all the schools in the Chandler district. The negative review about bullying is not true. Check the AZ Dept of Ed website for information regarding incidents on campus. Perry has few incidents, and high test scores. The person who wrote the negative review probably had a bad experience where an investigation of their child did not go in their favor. Unfortunate they blame the school.

Posted November 13, 2012

This school is amazing. Although Perry high school is new, the teachers are all well experienced and helpful in anyway possible and great learning environment. I do recommend Perry to anyone.

Posted September 11, 2012

The teachers at Perry are phenomenal!! They work with my kid as best they can and I see her going far! She is a freshman this year and is planning on graduating with the STEM Scholar diploma. She is in all honors classes and is taking a math course 2 years above her grade level! She loves it and we love it! It is a perfect fit since she was enrolled in CATS for 6 years. The principal is great and also the vice principal and many more. I highly recommend this school!

Posted September 11, 2012

I love Perry! I'm a freshman this year and I thought it was going to be so scary going to high school, but the teachers were understanding and my fellow students were supportive. It is such an open and happy campus. I love it.

Posted February 9, 2012

I absolutly love Perry. Coming from an excelling Charter School program, I was nervous about putting my child into the public system. But, here at Perry, my child is excelling at all levels in sports, academics and and on a social level. I think, as with any situation you put yourself in, you attract who you are. I have seen nothing but fairness from kids, teachers, administration, and coaches. I love the fact that the sports teams accept and encourage kids of all playing levels to try-out and represent Perry. You don't have to be a club player to make a team. I have heard of a few instances, over the past 3 years, of drugs, bullying, fights, etc...but the Administration at this school has got a good hold on it and it is not a rampant issue like I hear about from other neighboring schools. The school has alot to offer, on all levels!

Posted December 18, 2010

I went to Perry my sophomore year and graduated last June. I absolutely loved it there. I was never bullied, met amazing friends, and the teachers were actually interested in my education.

Posted November 20, 2010

I don't agree with the statement about bullying at this school at all. In fact, it has a lot less bullying than other schools. I think it's a safe environment. Most of the teachers are great and genuinely care about their students.

Posted November 7, 2010

I'm just so-so about this school. I agree with the parent who said there was a rampant bullying problem; I'm a student and I see it just as much from teachers as I do from students. It seems like administration spend all their time cracking down on kids who text during lunch than kids/teachers who make it hell for some people. I've had absolute horrible teachers and I've had teachers that I love.

Posted October 12, 2010

Perry High has a rampant bullying problem. The staff chooses to start investigations with little regard to the victim. I have witnessed by both students and teachers. Verbal, physical, cyber, racism, you name it. It's very sad.

Posted June 17, 2010

This school has had some frustrating moments for me, but overall, they have bent over backwards to help me. I came in as an undiagnosed special ed/gifted student, and with their help, I have finally gotten on track with my education. The discipline is a little off-kilter, but it works out. Some staff are a little less friendly than others but overall, they are great. The student body is a little lacking when it comes to involvement or passion, but blame that on the student leadership. Overall, there is nowhere else I'd want to be. I'm proud to say I will be one of the first students to complete all 4 years of HS at Perry!

Posted February 12, 2009

The school is full of the newest equipment, and top of the line dedicated teachers, as well as a fun, safe, and focused environment that allows students to express themselves and learn freely. The entire staff is devoted to excellence in academics, as well as sports and extra-curicular activities.

Posted February 8, 2009

best school by far new clean a nice fresh start

Posted October 17, 2008

This school is absolutely amazing!! i love all my teachers and my great friends i have met here!!

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

684 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

684 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

678 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 14%N/A47%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Science lab

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• Swimming pool

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Security personnel
  • Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Tutor(s)
Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • Transportation provided for special education students only
  • Access to sports fields

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom