Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 26, 2015
Riggs is an outstanding school. We purchased our house in Seville largely based on what we heard about Riggs. Our son is now in his 2nd year (1st grade). We couldn't be happier with the teachers and the staff. The principal, Mrs. Weinberg, is extraordinary in her ability to know every child in the school. What makes this school special is the amount of parent involvement, the support of the community and the PTO support of the teachers. This is reflected in a high teacher retention rate and exemplary test scores. The school truly feels like an extended family, especially with the large number of parents that participate in extracurricular activities, walk their children to school, and show up to in-school programs. The (rare) negative comments are likely from parents that are not involved in their children's education and expect the "system" to raise their children for them.

Posted October 21, 2014
Riggs Elementary is top-notch. The teachers, principal and support staff are all excellent. I have one child that has moved on to junior high and is acing her honors courses. I have one still at Riggs that is excelling beyond his grade level. The teachers genuinely care about the children and want to see them succeed. There is a sense of community surrounding the school that I feel is very positive. It is a neighborhood school so many of the children walk or bike and they all look out for one another. The school has a huge parent volunteer faction that assists with everything running smoothly. Overall, Riggs is an excellent option for us.

Posted June 22, 2014
What an exceptional school. Every teacher and staff member we have interacted with have been wonderful, caring professionals. Oddly I find the couple of negative reviews actually reinforce my positive opinion of Riggs. If a kid is underperforming they should absolutely be held back for their own good. Otherwise they risk falling irretrievably far behind. As for troublemakers, I am glad they are proactive in limiting the classroom disruption they can introduce. It seems unfortunate that some parents seem to believe it is the teachers' responsibility to raise their kids. Discipline (and the absence of it) is a direct result of parenting and nothing else.

Posted January 21, 2014
Riggs Elementary is an excellent school. The teachers are truly AMAZING and even the wonderful ladies at the front desk are engaged and involved with every child. My kids have recieved a wonderful foundation of learning that will help them at the next level of school but also at every stage of life. We moved here the year Riggs opened and we were the first class and we've been there for K-6 withi twins and could not be happier with the school. The principal, Mrs Weniberg is "all over it" and very hands on, involved, and yes, in charge. This is a GREAT school and I am glad my kids got to attend every grade of this school. Parents are heavily involved and the festivals (Fall & Winter) provide this wonderful school with more culture than most schools. I may be partial, but you would be hard pressed to find a better school from your kids than Riggs.

Posted May 30, 2013
My daughter has attended Riggs since Kindergarten and just finished 3rd grade. Riggs is an outstanding school. The Teachers and Administartion have always been available with any questions or concerns with my daughters education. With almost 1000 children in attendance at the school the Principal and staff know the children by name. This year by far has been the most enjoyable year at Riggs. My daughter absolutely loved her teacher, Mr. Anderson. Riggs is lucky to have such an amazing teacher. There are very few teachers that make such an impact on children and he is by far one of those teachers. Kuddos to Riggs and Mr. Anderson!!

Riggs Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2013
Very Bad School. Money Oriented! Only care about their test score. So they always ask to hold your child 1 year behind. They pushed parents in to believing that the kids are not teach-able and brainwashed parents that their kids are better off staying on the same grade for another year. Teachers and staff always talk bad about parents and make jokes about them. Principal never try to help the kids and always stand by their bad teachers (no matter how bad the staff treated a kids. Teachers will treat your kid good if you give them a lot of gift and tax money, otherwise they will treat your kid differently. I am sorry I have to tell the truth about this school. This is one of the worst school I know ! Fake smiles and fakes kindness (only if you spend enough money to bribe). Your kid don't ever have to stay behind a year, It's their job to educate kid and Not to keep them behind a year ( they will send kids to their private tutoring teachers, some of these teachers no longer work for riggs, but still do. They will tell you that your kids are flunking then they will send you to these tutor that cost $40 for 45 min - 1 hr ! Riggs never try to help kids to succed. Only care for money!

Riggs Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2012
I am a former staff member of Riggs and loved working here! The staff I worked with were great (I also worked at another school where the teachers were generally immature.)! The Principal is the BEST!!

Posted November 01, 2012
I love Riggs Elementary! My kids are excelling and I credit the teachers, staff and administration! I can honestly say my kids have had the best teachers a child could ask for! I thank the teachers every day, not for just teaching my kids to read but for giving them a passion for reading! I thank them for knowing my kids, loving my kids and pushing my kids beyond my expectations! Each year I think my kids can't get a better teacher and yet they do! The principal is an innovative, creative and kind leader. The teachers and parents love and respect her! She knows all the kids and asks them regularly about what they are learning and achieving. My kids have attended other schools and none of them compare to Riggs. I would recommend Riggs to any parent and child any day!!! My kids love going to school and I love the learning environment the staff has created at Riggs Elementary!

Posted October 29, 2012
My three grandchildren attend Riggs. As a former out of state principal, I am amazed at the above grade level instruction they are all receiving. My oldest grandchild has attended school in 3 states, and I am impressed with the dedication of the teachers, the scope of the curriculum and the leadership provided by a proven administrator. Examine the test scores and you will see what a great school Riggs has been and continues to be.

Posted July 18, 2012
My two boys have attended Riggs for the past 6 years. The staff at Riggs is warm, loving, and caring. They work with the parents closely to meet every child's needs. The principal is amazing!! She knows all of the student's names and interests. She is genuinely concerned for her staff and students. People are moving into this area just so they can attend Riggs Elementary. The standards are high at this school and they all work together to make sure your child can achieve their full potential. The PTO also works very hard to create family friendly activities for everyone to enjoy. I just love everything about this school!

Riggs Elementary School
6930 S. Seville West, Gilbert, AZ  85298
Last modified Riggs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riggs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top