Public charter
Gilbert, AZ

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We are excited about the construction of our new campus and look forward to it's opening this August for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year! Enrollment opportunities have increased due to this expansion. Please call 480-632-0722 to inquire about enrolling your child today.
June 24, 2013

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Gilbert 2

Posted March 26, 2015
Benjamin Franklin has a great curriculum. My children learn something they are excited about daily. They should add something for the more advanced kids too! They are all at the same level. Now if you don't fit into their mold- they are soon agianst you. Since the new principal has taken over things have changed for the worse! The principal has three kids that attend the school. Its funny how all three won first place in the poetry contest for their grade.... They had the winner and the runner up come up to the stage. The winner received a medal and recited their poem, while the runner up stood in the shadows while looking at the ground. Why even have them come up? They never follow up with you about issues. We had bullying issues the last two years and not one time did anyone follow up about it. They do not background check, anyone can just sign and walk in at their leisure, have lunch, go on field trips or play with the kids at recess:( They are not professional, the old principal and staff should return... My wish for this school is that they have a program for more advanced kids and to learn how to treat everyone equally- reguardless of race, wealth, and religion!

Posted April 25, 2014
I love this school. I gave two children that went there for first grade and finishing second grade. I will be keeping them in the school for all grades. The teachers are great, knowledgeable, and provide free tutoring for students that need help. Both of the teacher help my kids when needed to help them excell. I would definitely recommend this school. Yes, this school is focused on having each child excell and it is intense where they learn language arts and math. They also have fun things that the kids love like art, music, P.E.

Posted March 27, 2014
This is my sons first year and we love it! The curriculum has really helped him improve and understand what he is learning. The teachers are highly trained and love what they do.

Posted March 25, 2014
This school leaves much to be desired. They do not take the time to teach your child its hurry, hurry, hurry, and on to the next. If your child gets upset because they are not keeping up the teacher is of no help. I experienced this first hand while helping in the classroom. I'm so glad my child no longer attends this school. They cater to the A students while others go by the way side. When a school brags about their A+ ratings I d be leery as to how they received it.

Posted January 15, 2014
Great school, awesome teachers and staff! This is our ninth year at this campus and I've been very pleased with the education that my children have received here.

Posted October 07, 2013
I am a veteran parent and on the parent board. The academic program is the best there is. I have had dealings with the executive director and find him to be egotistical and not caring about parenyts and their concerns. He can be very condescending if you approach him with issues.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 24, 2013

Posted November 02, 2012
This school is very hit and miss. If you student is a great student, by all means send them. They seem to teach ahead and don't look back much. If your student is popular even better. However if you have a student that is a c student, this school will pass right by them and missing concepts that will affect your child later. Nothing is done about bullying as my son was bullied, I had multiple talks with the principle and things did not get better. This is an accurate rating as my kids went to school her from kindergarten to 5th grade. If you are lucky enough to get a great teacher which there are some in here for sure you will be great. One bad teacher will make your life and kids life really tough. We were not able to switch teachers instead the school would rather you left since they have a wait list. My students bad grades were listed on a wall for everyone to see.Between the bullying and posting bad grades on the wall for all to see my kids confidence was faltering at an all time low. The best thing I did was pull my kids out. I now have a happy healthy kid who still gets C's but gets more help to understand what he missed.

Posted April 16, 2012
As a parent at BFCS of many years at Gilbert Campus their is a procedure to follow regarding these issues concerning your child. The first step should have been to first talk to the teacher and then the principal after that you can contact the administration. I know for a fact all issues have always been dealt with fairness and resolved happily. It is unkind to bash a specific person simply because of differences of opinions. We are all adults and should deal with things as such. Door #2 is an amazing person, who is highly qualified and loves the children. I feel sad when teachers are treated unfairly because of all they do and deal with on a daily basis. Please remember we all have bad days, bad moments and tough times. We are here to learn to be kind and be good examples for the children of the future.

Posted April 16, 2012
Amazing curriculum, great staff and teachers. I have been a parent here at BFCS for over seven years, and will continue to be one untill all my children have concluded sixth grade. Here at Benjamin Franklin Charter School teachers are trained to teach a well rounded curriculum. The renowned Spalding and Saxon math method of teaching are implemented , as well as deep study of the American constitution. The teachers follow an oustanding code of conduct, and are loving ,friendly to the children and parents. The principal is great with children , and deals with them with fairness. When problems arise he is always willing and ready to meet the child and the parents to help solve problems. I honestly have not to deal with the principal very often, because I was able to resolve most all issues by first consulting with my child's teacher. All the office staff is cordial and helpful to those that belong and are just visiting the campus. I am well pleased with the school, but most importantly with the type of education provided here. Ounce again the curriculum, the discipline, and the structured enviroment is outstanding. Visit our school and see for yourself.

Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Gilbert
13717 South Val Vista Dr., Gilbert, AZ  85296
Last modified Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Gilbert is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin Charter School - Gilbert Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 71 reviews. Top