PK-6 & Ungraded
Gilbert, AZ

Posted August 25, 2012
This is our seventh year at Burk. I have a 6th and 4th grader and we've been going there since my oldest was in Kindergarten. We actually live just out of the school boundary but are so thankful for open enrollment so we can attend each year. I have felt the staff, teachers, administration, aids, etc, all have care and concern for the children. They go above and beyond trying to teach "books" but also teach character. They lead by example. My husband used to be a teacher and he is always amazed how the principal is so involved with the teachers and parents. He is active and present. I even notice him doing crosswalk duty regardless of pouring down rain or intense heat. My kids have grown and have stretched both academically and in personal growth. I couldn't be more proud of them and am so thankful to partner with a great school. It takes a village to raise kids, and I'm thankful these teachers and staff care so much about mine.

Posted March 08, 2012
My child has been going there for 2 and a half years now for preschool. So far it seems great. Staff is friendly. Not sure if we will continue going here just because it is not our "home" school.

Posted September 14, 2011
We love Burk Elementary. my older son went to this school for 5th - 6th and we were so pleased to see how involved the entire staff is. The principal is by far the best I have come to know. we have never seen a principal to be outside in the morning directing traffic and working the crosswalk and saying "good morning the the students by name. our youngest son started at Burk last year for Kindergarten and loves it. He loves his teachers and the Principal. what an awesome school.

Posted July 19, 2011
I have a high opinion of Burk Elementary. My daughter is starting second grade this year and our Kindergarten and First Grade experience has been magical. I believe she has been stretched and I am pleased with the amount of science and social studies taught at this school. I am also impressed with the technology at this school, every classroom has a smart board. One thing that impresses me about the principal is that he is always outside, not in his office. I see him out before school, I see him walking around at lunch time, and he is always out amongst the students and parents after school. There are a lot of strong families that attend Burk and I think that is the biggest contributor of what makes this schol wonderful, lots of parent volunteers and a strong PTSO. I am so grateful for such a great & positive school expereience right here in my neighborhood.

Posted June 11, 2011
Burk Elem. is a school that is comprised of the most dedicated and caring individuals. Starting with Mr. Paes, the principal, to the faculty and staff. They have embraced technology in the classrooms where all teachers are working with Smart Boards, Document Cameras, Ipod Touches, among others. They embrace the whole child. The amount of afterschool programs for students in Kdg.thru 6th grade is impressive. They even offer a Summer School program on their campus. I'm a very pleased parent who is fortunate to be a part of the Burk Community.

Burk Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2011
I am surprised with all the criticism that the principle is getting and all the staff is getting as well. My daughter has been going there since preschool, she is now in 1st grade. My husband and I have LOVED the way the staff is so friendly here and easy to communicate with about our daughters daily activities. We will be moving over the summer into a new school district but I am so fond of the school and the staff that I will be driving out of my way to take her and her little brother, who will be started preschool, to Burk. This school only wants the best for their students, and it shows. :D

Posted April 01, 2011
I must say I'm surprised from any of the negative reviews of Burk from 2006 to current. We ended up at Burk by accident. 2006 was the first year that free all day kindergarten was offered and Burk had the last spot avaiilable. I figured I'd move the next school year to what had been my first choice. However, once school began, I realized this was an amazing school and I was lucky my daughter was a student there. Everyone was so involved. The principal, teachers and parents...EVERYONE. I LOVE school. The principal has got to be the best principal any parent can ask for. He is always in front of the school greeting students and parents before school and is there saying goodbye at the end of each day. He (and his staff) have always been very helpful and pleasant. As far as programs for the "bright" kids...they DO exist. My daughter is in the ALP (Accelerated Learning Program) classes for math and language and is excelling! My son started at Burk this school year and I'm glad his first year is with this wonderful school. My ONLY regret is that we are moving out of state this summer and will no longer have the ability to be with these wonderful people. We will miss this school!

Burk Elementary School 2

Posted February 02, 2011
My son has been at this school since preschool and now is in 6th grade. I am counting down until he starts junior high so that he can get out of this school. This principle is horrible. He doesn't know how to handle any issues that may arise. He has fired the amazing staff that he did have and replaced them with younger, inexperienced staff.

Burk Elementary School 0

Posted May 06, 2010
Burk is a wonderfully inclusive school! Students in special ed are more than 'tolerated.' They're appreciated and embraced by all they encounter at Burk. It's amazing!

Burk Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2010
we have such a variety of students from all sorts of backgrounds...the most fun and creative teaching I've ever seen

Burk Elementary School
545 N. Burk St., Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Burk Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burk Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top