School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you for your interest in our schools. We are proud of the environment that has been created where each child is kept at their cutting edge of learning. The great state of Arizona allows families to choose a school environment that fits best with their needs. While parent reviews can give you a good snapshot of how a family is feeling at a given moment in time, we ask that if you have a question regarding any of our award winning programs please contact us for a personal tour at 480-222-0811.
June 25, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

San Tan Learning Center 5

Posted August 02, 2016
Great teachers and learning environment . Everyone made me feel welcomed. The pe program is top notch.

Posted June 17, 2016
It's unfortunate to have to write this review. We have hoped that this school would have lived up to their advertised core foundation. After being at this school for 5 years with two kids enrolled we have now had to remove them. Our kids were not receiving the individual learning plan and assistance they so promised. Just the opposite. When asked for help they just received more work sheets. Parents always shown data but no intervention plan. Students work not looked at and given feedback individually on how to improve. Inappropriate music videos played during class time, kids allowed on supplied IPad devices playing video games and searching inappropriate things. Teachers not held accountable. Lack of love and logic follow through. Curriculum not going into depth in concepts but rather skimmed through. My child approached teacher to have her explain decimals and was told "we are not doing that anymore" and sent back to her seat. Administration unable to provide answers and assistance despite meeting. Told "Well,we are hiring new fresh teachers, some are just stuck in their ways" Again, we had hoped for so much more and hopefully things will change in the future.

San Tan Learning Center 1

Posted June 11, 2016
Our experience at this school was disheartening and I highly advise parents to stay away from this school. I had to enroll my child in another charter school and thankfully my child was adaptable and demonstrated greater learning potential once the negative experience had passed at this charter school. The lack of communication and accountability of teachers at this school needs to be reviewed and improved.

Posted June 08, 2016
Stay as far away from this school as you can. Don't be tempted by the sell job that the principal/owner/superintendent gives you. As a parent who has had students enrolled in the elementary, middle, and high school, this school is definitely not what it advertises itself as. Teachers are not held accountable and very little learning actually occurs in the classroom. The choice to choose the level of homework is not really accurate. No matter what level you choose, it's essentially the same level as everybody else. This school is so bad we actually left and enrolled our students into public school.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 22, 2016
I love the option on homework level. As a very busy family, it's nice to adjust homework levels depending on the need and situation of the kids.

San Tan Learning Center 5

Posted April 21, 2016
We love this school, our boys have thrived in the atmosphere that STCS provides. Learning is individualized for each kid, the needs of each kid is looked at and a plan is put in place. Couldn't ask for better teachers!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 08, 2016
These qualities are not role modeled by staff. They state they focus on Love and Logic- however they are not adequately trained. They continue to punish the children by sending them to the vice principal's office.

Posted April 08, 2016
We really wanted this school to be a good fit for our son, who attended STLC kindergarten ( which cost $200/mth). The principal knows how to sell, he was excited and informative before you enroll. We were so excited to have won the lottery. All of this ended as soon as our son was enrolled. The principal was slow to respond (2 weeks) to our concerns. We were very unlucky with our teacher, who had our kiddos coloring and watching PBS shows. We didn't realize this was going on until test scores came back and our son had lost all he had advanced in preschool. She mysteriously was gone (either quit or was let go). There was very little communication with parents regarding what was happening. Communication with teachers is also very poor. We asked for an aide to help in the transition. They lied and stated they had already placed someone. We are often pacified with lies that convince us that we should stay. The cafeteria lady helped for two hours. I would like qualified staff to teach my child. There are children in the class that can't read at all and there are two months to the end. Safety is also an issue as there is no accountability when my child is picked up. My ID is not asked for when I go volunteer. There are often children wandering the hallways

San Tan Learning Center 4

Posted January 29, 2015
This is the second year my child is at San Tan. I have also enrolled my youngest to start next year which will be our third year. I feel that my child is getting the best education aside from going to a private school. I also work in other schools in the east valley and this school (at least the gifted program) is way ahead of other schools in the area. The only thing that gets annoying is all the fundraisers but in order to keep a school nice and updated, those are necessary. As long as my children continue to thrive, I will be staying at San Tan.

San Tan Learning Center 1

Posted January 17, 2015
If you are considering this school please do your homework. I ignored the warning signs when my child was attending. They have extremely high turnover (none of my child's teachers continued after the school year), their AIMS scores aren't any higher than the surrounding public schools (actually lower than many), and I too felt like it was run more like a business than a school.

3959 East Elliot Road, Gilbert, AZ  85296
Last modified San Tan Learning Center is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.