Public charter
Gilbert, AZ
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you for your interest in our schools. We are proud of the environment that has been created where each child is kept at their cutting edge of learning. The great state of Arizona allows families to choose a school environment that fits best with their needs. While parent reviews can give you a good snapshot of how a family is feeling at a given moment in time, we ask that if you have a question regarding any of our award winning programs please contact us for a personal tour at 480-222-0811.
June 25, 2013

Posted November 25, 2014
I pass at least a dozen new schools and live near many top rated AZ schools, we drive to STCS because it's the best school in the area by far. The administration is awesome with the children, the class sizes are small, the education is excellent. My kids have cousins that attend school in other states and I can see that my kids are keeping up and excelling in comparison with their same age cousins. I love the sports, the fun atmosphere, the leveled homework, the non traditional approach, the customized learning, the staff, the no sugar policy, the new building and the fact that everyone cares so much. We love Love and Logic. Because AZ is an open enrollment state sometimes it feels like another school might have a greener pasture, but what can replace a faculty that already knows and loves your child and a great curriculum? We've stayed put year after year, starting in preschool and every year our kids amaze us with what they absorb via their awesome teachers and the community. Kris Sippel is a great educator with a great vision for kids. In a world where testing is such a big deal, he allows children to be children and sees them for who they are...and brings out their best.

Posted October 08, 2014
It's only been open at the new location a few months, but its been a great school. My daughter has never been happier. The school has a fresh, clean look and the teachers seem to really care. There's a reason they were voted "Best of East Valley" in 2013. So far, so good!

Posted September 04, 2014
Fact-65 employees termed or were let go between 8/1/2013 and 5/31/2014. This speaks volumes about the Owner's and the way they run this establishment.

Posted August 03, 2014
School's new location is too small to house over 800 students. Where are the kids to play, on the surrounding neighbors' lawn? Where do parents park, blocking streets increasing traffic jams--the last event only a small portion used the parking lot across the street as it was more convenient to park in front of peoples houses and block the roads around the school. HOA discourages residents from parking on the streets, yet residence are suppose to be inconvenienced because of the bad choice of this school's lack of providing ample parking. Dropping off and picking up kids, traffic congestion, blocking neighborhood streets is projected to be a nightmare. School is made of many prefab rectangular trailer like structures screwed together and stuccoed over to make it appear it was constructed on the grounds. I have no objections for a local school, the location is not the right size for a school for over 800 students. One block south of there are two nice recently built schools whose lots are big enough to accommodate parking and better access for parents to drop off and pick up their children.

Posted July 10, 2014
Outstanding well rounded educational experience. We have two kiddos entering 3rd Grade this year. We started at STCS during pre-school and have been part of the growth and innovation. Nothing is overlooked. The children are educated and nurtured. This is so important. I believe the teachers, administrators, and the parents love the children and children feel this. This makes the environment especially rich for education. Children respond positively to learning when they feel good about themselves and their adult leaders and mentors. Parents embrace all kiddos as their own and children treat each other with respect and kindness. We are excited about the new school year and all future years at STCS.

Posted May 23, 2014
This school has be a blessing to our family. My child loves going to this school and is treated with respect and love from her teachers! It has a small community feel, but offers great educational opportunities in the elementary grades. I know where my child stands nationally due to the MAP test information they provide. We love it!

Posted April 28, 2014
DITTOS, DITTOS, DITTOS. Be prepared for your kids to come home without a clue and lots of busywork! Be prepared to home school after working all day, and after your kids have been in school all day. No accountability, no teaching! Just videos, dittos and busy works. Videos that can be found on PBS

Posted April 15, 2014
My kids love going to school because of the great teachers, the awesome administration and the principal is the best!! He really knows how to relate to kids. Love this school! So glad we found it! Leveled homework means your child is not crushed with homework and no sugar snacks means they aren't coming home with candy all the time. Love and Logic, daily gym, it's just what a school is supposed to be. Love it!

San Tan Learning Center 2

Posted March 18, 2014
Long on promises, short on follow through. This school promises individualized instruction for each student that is demonstrated by the individualized learning plans parents are given at each of the four conferences. At the past two conferences, my child's ILP form had no math goals or benchmark scores and no explanation as to why. Definitely failing my child.

Posted December 19, 2013
I absolutely LOVE this school! I read some of the other reviews and I have to say I could not disagree more with the bad reviews! I am heartbroken that we have to leave this school due to my husband's job transfer. My kids are in kindergarten, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade and we transferred them from Edu-Prize. This school has been a dream. My kids all learn differently, and are definitely not the "sit still and be quiet" type. I love that each teacher we've had has seen the good in my kids and cheered them on, steering them in the right direction while still letting them be who they are. This isn't to say behavior issues are never brought up, but when they are, I really get the feeling that the school is "for" me and my kids, and not expecting me to fix my kid. Every p/t conference has been a delight, and my kids have grown SO much just from the semester they have been here. I cannot recommend STLC highly enough! If you are looking to an alternative to traditional schools, this is the place for you!

San Tan Learning Center
3959 East Elliot Road, Gilbert, AZ  85296
Last modified San Tan Learning Center is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Tan Learning Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top