School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you for your interest in our schools. We are proud of the environment that has been created where each child is kept at their cutting edge of learning. The great state of Arizona allows families to choose a school environment that fits best with their needs. While parent reviews can give you a good snapshot of how a family is feeling at a given moment in time, we ask that if you have a question regarding any of our award winning programs please contact us for a personal tour at 480-222-0811.
June 25, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 22, 2016
I love the option on homework level. As a very busy family, it's nice to adjust homework levels depending on the need and situation of the kids.

Posted April 21, 2016
We love this school, our boys have thrived in the atmosphere that STCS provides. Learning is individualized for each kid, the needs of each kid is looked at and a plan is put in place. Couldn't ask for better teachers!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 08, 2016
These qualities are not role modeled by staff. They state they focus on Love and Logic- however they are not adequately trained. They continue to punish the children by sending them to the vice principal's office.

San Tan Learning Center 2

Posted April 08, 2016
We really wanted this school to be a good fit for our son, who attended STLC kindergarten ( which cost $200/mth). The principal knows how to sell, he was excited and informative before you enroll. We were so excited to have won the lottery. All of this ended as soon as our son was enrolled. The principal was slow to respond (2 weeks) to our concerns. We were very unlucky with our teacher, who had our kiddos coloring and watching PBS shows. We didn't realize this was going on until test scores came back and our son had lost all he had advanced in preschool. She mysteriously was gone (either quit or was let go). There was very little communication with parents regarding what was happening. Communication with teachers is also very poor. We asked for an aide to help in the transition. They lied and stated they had already placed someone. We are often pacified with lies that convince us that we should stay. The cafeteria lady helped for two hours. I would like qualified staff to teach my child. There are children in the class that can't read at all and there are two months to the end. Safety is also an issue as there is no accountability when my child is picked up. My ID is not asked for when I go volunteer. There are often children wandering the hallways

San Tan Learning Center 4

Posted January 29, 2015
This is the second year my child is at San Tan. I have also enrolled my youngest to start next year which will be our third year. I feel that my child is getting the best education aside from going to a private school. I also work in other schools in the east valley and this school (at least the gifted program) is way ahead of other schools in the area. The only thing that gets annoying is all the fundraisers but in order to keep a school nice and updated, those are necessary. As long as my children continue to thrive, I will be staying at San Tan.

Posted January 17, 2015
If you are considering this school please do your homework. I ignored the warning signs when my child was attending. They have extremely high turnover (none of my child's teachers continued after the school year), their AIMS scores aren't any higher than the surrounding public schools (actually lower than many), and I too felt like it was run more like a business than a school.

Posted November 25, 2014
I pass at least a dozen new schools and live near many top rated AZ schools, we drive to STCS because it's the best school in the area by far. The administration is awesome with the children, the class sizes are small, the education is excellent. My kids have cousins that attend school in other states and I can see that my kids are keeping up and excelling in comparison with their same age cousins. I love the sports, the fun atmosphere, the leveled homework, the non traditional approach, the customized learning, the staff, the no sugar policy, the new building and the fact that everyone cares so much. We love Love and Logic. Because AZ is an open enrollment state sometimes it feels like another school might have a greener pasture, but what can replace a faculty that already knows and loves your child and a great curriculum? We've stayed put year after year, starting in preschool and every year our kids amaze us with what they absorb via their awesome teachers and the community. Kris Sippel is a great educator with a great vision for kids. In a world where testing is such a big deal, he allows children to be children and sees them for who they are...and brings out their best.

Posted October 08, 2014
It's only been open at the new location a few months, but its been a great school. My daughter has never been happier. The school has a fresh, clean look and the teachers seem to really care. There's a reason they were voted "Best of East Valley" in 2013. So far, so good!

Posted September 04, 2014
Fact-65 employees termed or were let go between 8/1/2013 and 5/31/2014. This speaks volumes about the Owner's and the way they run this establishment.

Posted August 03, 2014
School's new location is too small to house over 800 students. Where are the kids to play, on the surrounding neighbors' lawn? Where do parents park, blocking streets increasing traffic jams--the last event only a small portion used the parking lot across the street as it was more convenient to park in front of peoples houses and block the roads around the school. HOA discourages residents from parking on the streets, yet residence are suppose to be inconvenienced because of the bad choice of this school's lack of providing ample parking. Dropping off and picking up kids, traffic congestion, blocking neighborhood streets is projected to be a nightmare. School is made of many prefab rectangular trailer like structures screwed together and stuccoed over to make it appear it was constructed on the grounds. I have no objections for a local school, the location is not the right size for a school for over 800 students. One block south of there are two nice recently built schools whose lots are big enough to accommodate parking and better access for parents to drop off and pick up their children.

3959 East Elliot Road, Gilbert, AZ  85296
Last modified San Tan Learning Center is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.