School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

My children have done amazing things at GAA. They are never ready to leave at the end of the day. The teachers and staff all know my kids and work with them to be the best they can be. I wish I would've known about GAA years ago!
May 12, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted May 12, 2016

Posted April 19, 2016
- a school leader
Our mission is to provide the foundation for educational opportunities for students to reach their highest potentials. We will do this as we provide an engaging curriculum, empower character development, provide a variety of enriching expressions for creativity, and encompass community.

Develops honesty: no rating

Posted April 19, 2016
- a school leader
Positive character traits are taught and modeled by all staff members enabling the development of personal skills leading to responsible citizenship.

Posted April 07, 2014
Gilbert Arts Academy is an amazing school! My children love school and love learning. The fact that they want to make their teachers happy and look forward to seeing them, from previous years and this current year tells me that my children are in good hands.

Posted April 04, 2014
The first word that comes to mind about GAA is nurturing. EVERY staff member knows EVERY child's name at GAA. There is such a sense of community and family at this school from the moment we are greeted by a staff member in the morning to when I pick up my smiling happy first grader. She was accepted to enroll at GAA in the middle of her kindergarten year. She was having a terrible time at her previous school. She was not being challenged in her studies nor being cared for in this over populated school. The staff at this previous school could offer no support. We toured several schools before arriving to GAA where our daughter was told she could start the next day. She was greeted with open arms by the staff and children. She is now doing well in most subjects. The one area she was falling behind in she was offered after school tutoring and is quickly getting caught up to speed. The after school programs are fantastic and the support from the staff is outstanding. Everyday I think how fortunate we are to have found such a wonderful school. GAA is everything I've hoped for in education for my daughter and then some.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Gilbert Arts Academy offers a safe, family-oriented environment that focuses on meeting the individual needs of all students, while challenging each to reach their highest potential. Our team of dedicated teachers and staff take pride in providing a quality education and ensuring our students develop healthy habits, attitudes and confidence to yield success in all aspects of life.
Posted February 19, 2014

Posted February 11, 2014
Gilbert Arts Academy is amazing! I really appreciate this school; especially the quality of teachers. My son has excelled in learning as well as socially. I love when I visit the school because I can see how well each child is KNOWN. My son loves going to this school. In fact, we drive him every day from Mesa to Gilbert because he loves it so much. It has a great "no bully" policy. I have never seen rotten behavior when I visit. The atmosphere is fun as well as challenging! Thanks GAA!! Go mustangs!

Posted January 23, 2014
I have had my boys at this school for two years now and was previously a home schooler. I LOVE this school. Their PE teacher Ms. Hay is one of the best I've ever seen, her love and excitement for the children is amazing. Their Kindergarten teacher was awesome, I'm excited for my daughter to be in her class next year! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mrs. Black the third grade teacher. She has a class of 15 boys and 5 girls and they are not only doing well, but excelling! They are doing 4th and 5th grade math!!! I would highly recommend this school. I am unable to home school my children right now due to life circumstances and am so thankful I found this school!

Gilbert Arts Academy 4

Posted August 05, 2013
This will sadly be our last year of school here at GAA. My student is very excited for the school year to begin! We are still trying to figure out a way to have GAA extend to 2 extra years here. We have been coming to GAA since Kindergarten. We have always felt GAA as our second home. Teachers and staff here are great and go the extra mile to care for our students. It will be a bitter sweet year, but know we can always call GAA our second home.

Gilbert Arts Academy 1

Posted August 03, 2013
I wish I could give this school zero or negative stars. This is the worse school I have ever been to. The teachers were not experience or educated at all. I have never known of a school who doesn't want volunteers in their classrooms. I always felt this school was full of fake and evil people and sad to say I was right. Please parents keep your children far away from the place of horrors!!

862 E. Elliot Road, Gilbert, AZ  85234
Last modified Gilbert Arts Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.